No analysis of SWFC accounts until at least the end of July..

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

The moral of the story is not to take any notice of Maguire as he knows jacksh1t. 

I have had Twitter conversations with him where he prides himself on being a two hat

It seems like there are lots of morals to this story. My favourite is don’t pay in wages more than you bring in in turnover. 

13 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Yes the filing date of a northern clubs accounts being extended is generally seen to be on par with state interference in another's democratic process. 

Of course it is, I’d argue the clubs accounts are arguably more important! 

• Haha 1

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

It seems like there are lots of morals to this story. My favourite is don’t pay in wages more than you bring in in turnover. 

Tbf we go a few £m over that 

But then so does virtually every Club in the EFL 

The old joke how do you become a millionaire football club owner 

Start as a billionaire

Tbf no one can actually say I have ever been supportive of how the Club is run. Probably more critical on Owlsonline than here in that respect.

When I post on the subject on here I try stick to analysing the numbers and some of the technical shizzle. Rarely actually make a judgement call on them. Leave that for others.

But I will always take the likes of Maguire down. He genuinely pushes a narrative for his own gain. It really is not about shooting the messenger I just don't like his style 

Guest mkowl
4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You just said he had the same qualifications as yourself

Practical application dear boy. You might have the same film production qualifications as Tarantino for all I know 

17 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Don't need to follow Maguire to work that out.

Guest mkowl
2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Comparing a modern film auteur and bean counting. Exactly the same thing. 

You are 

I think the owner of this site thinks accountants qualify and then do the same job and have the same practical experience. 

Maguire does put a negative or sinister slant on things. He doesn’t report it straight down the line on social media. But that’s how you generate interest I suppose. I’ve debated points with him and he doesn’t respond if you catch him out.

He comes across much better on the radio. 

16 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Tbf we go a few £m over that 

But then so does virtually every Club in the EFL 

The old joke how do you become a millionaire football club owner 

Start as a billionaire

Tbf no one can actually say I have ever been supportive of how the Club is run. Probably more critical on Owlsonline than here in that respect.

When I post on the subject on here I try stick to analysing the numbers and some of the technical shizzle. Rarely actually make a judgement call on them. Leave that for others.

But I will always take the likes of Maguire down. He genuinely pushes a narrative for his own gain. It really is not about shooting the messenger I just don't like his style 

I think his approach is quite scattergun too.

Taking a step back it is the premier league riches that causes the issue but he doesn’t focus on that.

He has a dig at the EFL and then at clubs trying to compete within the system created by the EPL and EFL. These clubs are paying their debts in a loss making industry that relies on these owners. Without them the game dies as we have seen with Bury. Clubs may have voted these rules in but many of the ownerships have changed since then. 

His “hidden message” in an article about our accounts was odd too. He either wants to be taken seriously as a financial expert or he wants to be a shock jock type after a reaction.

Just now, Bluesteel said:

A loss making industry that relies on these owners. Without them the game dies as we have seen with Bury.

There's a lot to go at just in those two lines to be fair.

Firstly football relying on owners making massive multimillion pound losses at their club shows you one problem

Secondly Bury dying proves that point

Maguire will want to examine these kind of issues rather than Premier League for the very points you make.

Owlstalk Shop

His tweet was as tweets are, deliberately provocative...but that have being said if you had been told that just a handful of clubs had taken advantage of the filing extension you would have bet your house on Chansiri’s Wednesday being one if them.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Apologies if I've missed it but has Maguire posted similar "hiding behind the rules" statements with regard to Crystal Palace, Newcastle & Derby.

errrrr why would he?

He's talking about Sheffield Wednesday innit bruv

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

His tweet was as tweets are, deliberately provocative...but that have being said if you had been told that just a handful of clubs had taken advantage of the filing extension you would have bet your house on Chansiri’s Wednesday being one if them.

True, but the majority of clubs have an earlier filing date than us and so are likely to have had their accounts audited and submitted before this extension came into place. That wasn't tweeted though, nor was it tweeted that any other clubs that haven't yet filed are 'hiding behind the rules'. 

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There's a lot to go at just in those two lines to be fair.

Firstly football relying on owners making massive multimillion pound losses at their club shows you one problem

Secondly Bury dying proves that point

Maguire will want to examine these kind of issues rather than Premier League for the very points you make.

It’s the race to get to the premier league and the solidarity payments that are the main cause of the issue. 

Punishing clubs for spending money but paying their debts by treating them as if they just went into admin (with maguire stoking the flames and shaming the owners) is not a solution unless the wider game changes at the top. FFP or profit and sustainability achieves neither but stagnates clubs who want to compete, trapped in between two states of mind. If the owners didn’t have 13m a season they would just do a Bury. 

Meanwhile Bury do actually go under despite such rules because the owners had no money in the end.

It’s easy to point out all the problems as he does but he’s no closer to a solution than anyone else. I think if owners proved funds each season and were committed to writing off losses then let the market decide OR just make a blanket rule on spending or wages as a % of turnover/income for all and change the approach to parachute cash so that it is used to save clubs rather than fund them.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

errrrr why would he?

He's talking about Sheffield Wednesday innit bruv

Why are we any different to them in this context? Why are we the ones said to be 'hiding'? 

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

True, but the majority of clubs have an earlier filing date than us and so are likely to have had their accounts audited and submitted before this extension came into place. That wasn't tweeted though, nor was it tweeted that any other clubs that haven't yet filed are 'hiding behind the rules'. 

The accounts should have been prepared and the audit completed months ago..it’s a simple one site one activity business.