No analysis of SWFC accounts until at least the end of July..

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Maguire has an agenda against us I'm afraid always seems to be an agenda and I had more than a few 'discussions' with him when I was still on twitter

edited to add how can you hide behind rules?

Edited by soldierboyblue
  • Haha 3

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Oh god..

Here we go..

Attack the pundit time...

Just my personal experience of trying to have a chat with him Neil. When asked a number of questions on Twitter he can't back things up and just comes out with the same old tag line. 

I don't mind the club getting hammered when there is reason to but as I have always said back it up with facts. The 'Hiding behind rules' quote says all IMO.

2 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Can take or leave what he says and how he interprets things, but when he put in print that SWFC had broken the law with regards to the filing of the last set of accounts, I tend not to put any weight behind anything he does say or write. 

That was one of the things I asked how have we broken the law and it was met with nothing but conjecture by him. We haven't broken the law as you know otherwise HMRC and the plod would be on us

1 minute ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Can take or leave what he says and how he interprets things, but when he put in print that SWFC had broken the law with regards to the filing of the last set of accounts, I tend not to put any weight behind anything he does say or write. 

Did he mean because we filed them late? That is an offence. 

• Haha 1

Guest wilyfox

I've calculated our overspend to be 4284727413 billion dollars. We're hoping to loan Jordan Rhodes to help get around this, on top of lifetime season tickets for £179,000 each. Take advantage of that wonderful offer. Early bird deadline set at June 30. 

Guest Mcguigan

Don’t know why he’s so puzzled. 

Well, it’s unlikely our turnover has increased much. It’s unlikely our outgoings have changed much. So all he’d have to do is look at our last set of accounts and deduct the stadium profit, voila 18/19 accounts. Probably a £35m loss.

15 minutes ago, FroggattOwls said:

We didn’t file them late. SWFC changed the filing date. 

We changed the date - and then submitted them late based on the new date.

According to:-https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/what-soft-transfer-embargo-and-what-does-it-mean-sheffield-wednesday-177757

Edited by rickygoo

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Oh god..

Here we go..

Attack the pundit time...

Why would he say 'hidden behind the rules'? The rules are in place for a reason - we are abiding the rules, just as many others will be - it is not hiding.

Maguire has previously made some less than veiled barbed comments against the club, including using some some of acrostic hidden message in one of his articles to make a childish comment against Chansiri. Some of his reporting may be accurate but sometimes the way he reports it shows he is sticking the knife in rather than providing critical analysis. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Maguire has previously made some less than veiled barbed comments against the club, including using some some of acrostic hidden message in one of his articles to make a childish comment against Chansiri.

He does that all the time not just about Chansiri. He thinks it's clever when it's clearly anything but.