No analysis of SWFC accounts until at least the end of July..

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Nice work, keep supporting Maguire as much as you can.

I'm not supporting Maguire

I'm stood on my own faced with an angry baying crowd of pitchfork wielding old men on the internet who want to get at the latest journalist/pundit to mention the club.

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Doesn't make it any better does it, nor does posting links to articles about football finance where he was wide of the mark too.

I'm out, I'll leave you and the chief to it as you've obviously nothing better to do than sing the praises of this guy.

I haven’t sung his praises once. I think he’s a bit of  a knob but I don’t care. What bothers me is our accounts. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

I haven’t sung his praises once. I think he’s a bit of  a knob but I don’t care. What bothers me is our accounts. 

Yeah but...

But..

But.......

Forget that!

There's a pundit who's mentioned Wednesday!!

So....

Pitchforks out, tissues at the ready....

Owlstalk Shop

35 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He's at it again look

Slagging off Wednesday in the press

What's he thinking?

Booooooo Maguire

When I come back tomorrow I will be sorely disappointed if you’ve not quoted every club in the pyramid.

Also the Scottish leagues, but leave my beloved Hamilton Accies out of this. I’m well aware they’re up the creek.

• Haha 1

Just now, Sergeant Tibbs said:

When I come back tomorrow I will be sorely disappointed if you’ve not quoted every club in the pyramid.

Also the Scottish leagues, but leave my beloved Hamilton Accies out of this. I’m well aware they’re up the creek.

The mad thing is I could

All you have to do is google 'Kieran Maguire then X club' and you can find quotes and comments and criticism of that club.

But apparently he's just anti Wednesday and has an 'agenda'

lol

Owlstalk Shop

46 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

wb-11053-Full-Image_GalleryBackground-en-US-1484000561520._RI_SX940_.jpg

You call it arguing

I see it more as attending to the patients

(that's hirstyboywonder on the right)

lol

Change tack

Randall P McMurphy

Melvin Udall

There’s a connection, much closer to home than you think.

3 hours ago, rickygoo said:

But why be inflamed or wound up?  Be inflamed or wound up by what’s in them not what some bloke says about them

not being released. He isn’t having a dig at you. 

Jeez. We don't know what is in them. Neither does he but he does know SWFC were likely to publish them end July as they have a right to do even without dispensation from EFL.

I am not wound up by him but acknowledge his intention was mischief, or why comment on something that hasn't yet happened with additional unsubstantiated allegation? I'd much rather discuss what is in the accounts along with his professional opinion.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

"Had been looking forward to analysing Sheffield Wednesday’s accounts but sadly they’ve hidden behind the rules introduced by the chancellor extending publishing the accounts for three months so nothing out until end of July...at least. By the way I'd better mention Crystal Palace etc just for those grown men on Owlstalk who cry if I don't. Even though I'm not bothered about analysing Palace's accounts or anything, but I'd better mention em otherwise they'll all be kickin off and crying about it"

Better?

Think that is out of order for a site owner and moderator TBH

1 hour ago, kobayashi said:

Large, complex businesses close and report in weeks not months. Our year end was 31 March and by 9th April the company accounts were finalised and group report pack finished and submitted. The audit kicked off on the 14th and was completed last Friday. Our accounts are now being consolidated into group accounts in time for the announcement of results in the middle of this month. The shareholders meeting is later in June. That’s a +$20 bn turnover multi national operating around the world not a simple one site one operation business.

What’s your experience by the way?

I have previously worked in dealing with annual accounts filed at Companies House. By and large companies, regardless of size, do not submit their accounts within weeks of the accounting year end.

Has your company submitted these accounts formally to companies house yet or are they not available for public viewing?

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

I'm happy to sit back and watch you argue with everyone else mate lol

I've come back 2 hours later and he's still arguing but he's the only one that has been in the room for the past hour! :ghoulguy: