No analysis of SWFC accounts until at least the end of July..

9 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I really don't understand the aggressive defence thing

Why are people so sensitive about it that they start aggressively attacking people in a way they would never do to their faces? It seems a bit weird to me

I don't know who you think has been most aggressive in this thread. I have given a viewpoint of the content of Maguire's post and the tone an approach of some of his previous reports. 

Others have chosen to directly abuse posters for having a different point of view, calling them brainless crybabies who lack the capacity to debate.

Guest Grandad
6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's really odd isn't it.

I think it might be simply because they don't have the capacity to debate the actual topic that's under discussion, and instead just want to lash out in frustration at the pundit making the point

Plus there's the very real possibility that some people think it makes them more of a fan to aggressively defend against ANY comments about SWFC

Either way it's a bit bizarre to want to lash out like that instead of (and in replacement for) debating the topic

I think youve nailed it

Guest Grandad
Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

I don't know who you think has been most aggressive in this thread. I have given a viewpoint of the content of Maguire's post and the tone an approach of some of his previous reports. 

Others have chosen to directly abuse posters for having a different point of view, calling them brainless crybabies who lack the capacity to debate.

I wasn't aiming anything at you. At all.

But if the cap fits

Just now, Grandad said:

I wasn't aiming anything at you. At all.

But if the cap fits

I doff my cap to you sir!

You know this topic?

Yeah

Let's talk about that.

Who said it though?

Eh?

Who said the quote in the topic.

Dont' worry about that. Let's discuss the topic

Yeah but someone said it. The quote. Someone said it

Yeah but don't worry about that. Stick to the TOPIC

Hang on though.. let's talk about who said it, and slag them off

NO... Stick to the topic. Otherwise it just becomes another slanging match right?

I want to slag him off though

NO.. dont' do that mate you'll ruin the thread. Let's stick to the topic and discuss that. Like it should be.

Yeah but...

NO NO NO... stick to the topic. You know what the topic is.. stick to that and the thread will go well and we can have a mature debate about it.

Yeah but I want to slag him off..

I know you do... I know. But let's stick to the topic. Maybe if you want to discuss the pundit, start a new thread about them, with the title of the topic being their name and then you have a full thread all about them where you can discuss them there?

Yeah but not but yeah but I wanna slag him off in THIS topic

Why?

Because he said something...

So why not start a new thread about them and discuss their qualifications, or skills as a journalist or brodcaster? THAT would be the right thing to do

Yeah but I wanna trample all over THIS thread instead in order to look reyt cool n that.

No.. stick to the topic

But I wanna slag em off. Why can't I slag em off? Why shouldn't I be able to just slag em off in this thread all over this thread in this thread?

Because like I've said many MANY times it ruins the threads if you do that because every thread becomes a slanging match about the pundit. Why not start a new thread about the pundit and discuss them in there?

Yeah but no but yeah but I wanna slag em off in this thread....

*repeat forever*

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You know this topic?

Yeah

Let's talk about that.

Who said it though?

Eh?

NO... Stick to the topic. Otherwise it just becomes another slanging match right?

NO.. dont' do that mate you'll ruin the thread. Let's stick to the topic and discuss that. Like it should be.

Yeah but...

NO NO NO... stick to the topic. You know what the topic is.. stick to that and the thread will go well and we can have a mature debate about it.

I know you do... I know. But let's stick to the topic. Maybe if you want to discuss the pundit, start a new thread about them, with the title of the topic being their name and then you have a full thread all about them where you can discuss them there?

Why?

So why not start a new thread about them and discuss their qualifications, or skills as a journalist or brodcaster? THAT would be the right thing to do

Yeah but I wanna trample all over THIS thread instead in order to look reyt cool n that.

No.. stick to the topic

But I wanna slag em off. Why can't I slag em off? Why shouldn't I be able to just slag em off in this thread all over this thread in this thread?

Because like I've said many MANY times it ruins the threads if you do that because every thread becomes a slanging match about the pundit. Why not start a new thread about the pundit and discuss them in there?

*repeat forever*

You missed off "Yeah, and anybody who doesn't denounce that same pundit is a c*** as well"

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Do you definitively know it is only 4 clubs? Even since his report it has been noted there are others. 

Also the number of clubs that have an accounting year end 31/05/20020 and will have therefore had to report to the EFL prior to this and prior to the extension being put in place far outweighs the number of clubs that have a later accounting year end like ourselves.

Given what he does for a living, he well be well aware of this but chose to omit this. 

I've spent literally all week investigating this using the entire apparatus of the state and haven't ate or slept since last Thursday. :dry:

Even if there are others delaying their 2020 accounts, only a couple of them are currently under investigation for potential financial irregularities and only one of them has sold it's stadium to itself despite (allegedly) the sale not being formalised by the Land Registry even a year later, no funds being transferred (as of last November at least) and despite the chairman publicly saying that the club had a huge financial problem even after this was all supposed to have been arranged.

This forensic hypersensitivity is way out of hand. Some randomer says Keiren Westwood is exiled because he can't be bothered to train, that Sam Hutchinson attacked the manager, Garry Monk has told all and sundry he doesn't want them here, Gary Hooper was bullying Jordan Rhodes, Dejphon Chansiri is skint, Atdhe Nuhiu only tries when his contract is about to expire, Mike Ashley is buying the club, Kieran Lee will never play again and it becomes accepted as the truth with hardly a murmur. But someone raises an eyebrow that a club with a track record for late submissions of annual accounts has taken the opportunity to do so again, and in complete accordance with the feelings of many of the club's own supporters, and we're on the verge of the Nuremberg trials. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

I've spent literally all week investigating this using the entire apparatus of the state and haven't ate or slept since last Thursday. :dry:

Even if there are others delaying their 2020 accounts, only a couple of them are currently under investigation for potential financial irregularities and only one of them has sold it's stadium to itself despite (allegedly) the sale not being formalised by the Land Registry even a year later, no funds being transferred (as of last November at least) and despite the chairman publicly saying that the club had a huge financial problem even after this was all supposed to have been arranged.

This forensic hypersensitivity is way out of hand. Some randomer says Keiren Westwood is exiled because he can't be bothered to train, that Sam Hutchinson attacked the manager, Garry Monk has told all and sundry he doesn't want them here, Gary Hooper was bullying Jordan Rhodes, Dejphon Chansiri is skint, Atdhe Nuhiu only tries when his contract is about to expire, Mike Ashley is buying the club, Kieran Lee will never play again and it becomes accepted as the truth with hardly a murmur. But someone raises an eyebrow that a club with a track record for late submissions of annual accounts has taken the opportunity to do so again, and in complete accordance with the feelings of many of the club's own supporters, and we're on the verge of the Nuremberg trials. 

Have you reviewed how many football clubs have an accounting year end at the end of July rather than the end of May which is relevant to having not filed by this time? That in itself is strange but was something which was changed for last years submission and was discussed in detail at the time.

5 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

bet your fun in whatapps group chars 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Christ. 

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You know this topic?

Yeah

Let's talk about that.

Who said it though?

Eh?

Yeah but...

Why?

No.. stick to the topic

*repeat forever*

Even club legends don't escape the wrath of some of these self-proclaimed protectors of the club's honour. Remember the Chris Waddle one from a few days ago?

Foaming at the mouth nutcase.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Have you reviewed how many football clubs have an accounting year end at the end of July rather than the end of May which is relevant to having not filed by this time? That in itself is strange but was something which was changed for last years submission and was discussed in detail at the time.

I don't care if there isn't a single football club in the world that hasn't filed it's accounts for 2020 yet.

We are in a completely unique position, entirely of our own making.

4 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

I don't care if there isn't a single football club in the world that hasn't filed it's accounts for 2020 yet.

We are in a completely unique position, entirely of our own making.

Other course we are and I have been critical of this but this specific post that he made - the subject of this topic - refers to a non-issue at this time.

Journalists and pundits who use 'witty' hidden messages in their reports which are directly abusive of club owners do themselves no favours in terms of their professional integrity.

Guest Grandad
10 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Even club legends don't escape the wrath of some of these self-proclaimed protectors of the club's honour. Remember the Chris Waddle one from a few days ago?

Foaming at the mouth nutcase.

Don't forget the club legend who single handedly took the entire club down a couple of years ago because his son didnt accept a contract offer. 

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Other course we are and I have been critical of this but this specific post that he made - the subject of this topic - refers to a non-issue at this time.

Journalists and pundits who use 'witty' hidden messages in their reports which are directly abusive of club owners do themselves no favours in terms of their professional integrity.

If Donald Trump says something slightly ill-advised in his next press briefing (surely not), what are the odds that the reaction will be completely proportionate to just that comment? It will of course be loaded by the enormous catalogue of narcissistic idiocy that has gone before.

This thread is doing my head in now. @casbahowlnormally laughs at me and my posts, especially ones that in any way criticise his chum chairman Chansiri. As a failed stand-up comedian I find that quite rewarding and infinitely preferable to slightly menacing invitations for a "drink".

Earlier though I think he may have laughed with something I posted. That's nice but a bit of a mind-fizz. I'm going to have to post something anti-DC asap. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I really don't understand the aggressive defence thing

Why are people so sensitive about it that they start aggressively attacking people in a way they would never do to their faces? It seems a bit weird to me

:ohmy: Kettle ...........

Just now, DJMortimer said:

If Donald Trump says something slightly ill-advised in his next press briefing (surely not), what are the odds that the reaction will be completely proportionate to just that comment? It will of course be loaded by the enormous catalogue of narcissistic idiocy that has gone before.

Not sure what you are getting at.

Have a read of these:

http://priceoffootball.com/sheffield-wednesday-2017-18-when-the-sun-goes-down/

Why would any journalist/reporter/financial analyst worth any salt completely undermine their analysis by doing something you would expect of a 12 year old Utd fan?

People on here have seen legal action brought/threatened for less.......

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Why would any journalist/reporter/financial analyst worth any salt completely undermine their analysis by doing something you would expect of a 12 year old Utd fan?

People on here have seen legal action brought/threatened for less.......

Did Chansiri/The Club take legal action against him for it?

Owlstalk Shop