No analysis of SWFC accounts until at least the end of July..

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Did Chansiri/The Club take legal action against him for it?

Seemingly not, does that make it right or acceptable? 

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Maybe the club saw it as todays news, tomorrow's chip paper

That's how I regard most of Maguire's work! lol

10 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Not sure what you are getting at.

Have a read of these:

http://priceoffootball.com/sheffield-wednesday-2017-18-when-the-sun-goes-down/

Why would any journalist/reporter/financial analyst worth any salt completely undermine their analysis by doing something you would expect of a 12 year old Utd fan?

People on here have seen legal action brought/threatened for less.......

It shows that as a bloke he's a bit of a knob/show-off but what about the content? As long as it's not skewed to fit his childish style that's what really matters. 

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

I really don't understand the aggressive defence thing

Why are people so sensitive about it that they start aggressively attacking people in a way they would never do to their faces? It seems a bit weird to me

Black balloons

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Not sure what you are getting at.

Have a read of these:

http://priceoffootball.com/sheffield-wednesday-2017-18-when-the-sun-goes-down/

Why would any journalist/reporter/financial analyst worth any salt completely undermine their analysis by doing something you would expect of a 12 year old Utd fan?

People on here have seen legal action brought/threatened for less.......

Obviously I haven't had time to digest all the data in there and assess it's accuracy, but at first glance it seems perfectly appropriate to the situation. And as Neil has already pointed out, the club apparently have not taken issue with it either. As for his text, apart from the slightly askew comment about Baldrick I honestly can see nothing in there that might be described as unprofessional or churlish. In fact at times when I was reading it, it seemed like any number of threads on here in the past year or so. I myself remarked that the whole business was "grubby" and "unbecoming of the club's standing" and plenty of people upvoted it. I still have seen absolutely nothing from Maguire that I would consider in any way out of keeping with the situation. In fact, he could go much further.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Kieran's on Look North now.

They've asked his expert opinion on stuff..

I hope he doesn't mention it's "Wednesday" tomorrow.

That would completely invalidate his professional qualifications and make him a bad person.

:dry:

• Haha 2

Just now, DJMortimer said:

I hope he doesn't mention it's "Wednesday" tomorrow.

That would completely invalidate his professional qualifications and make him a bad person.

:dry:

I wonder if he will make reference to his articles hidden message in which he typed 'Chansiri interferes with goats'? 

I wonder if more esteemed football finance experts like David Conn have ever considered getting such messages into their articles?

Strange character. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

I wonder if he will make reference to his articles hidden message in which he typed 'Chansiri interferes with goats'? 

I wonder if more esteemed football finance experts like David Conn have ever considered getting such messages into their articles?

Strange character. 

500_F_139161915_7oMYqJUqI8mSPnXjHdXKiMvhe7bvJzoH.jpg

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

500_F_139161915_7oMYqJUqI8mSPnXjHdXKiMvhe7bvJzoH.jpg

I take your opinion with a pinch of salt mate, water off a ducks back. Try ignoring me again if it makes you feel better.

This thread suggests you are the one that has over reacted.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

So that's what you were on about? How did that come to light? Surely no one reading it noticed that?

There's no denying that's pretty pathetic and goes a long way to explaining why some think he's such a tool.

Still doesn't negate the substance of that column though.

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

So that's what you were on about? How did that come to light? Surely no one reading it noticed that?

There's no denying that's pretty pathetic and goes a long way to explaining why some think he's such a tool.

Still doesn't negate the substance of that column though.

Apparently he has done it before with other clubs so as he is not just targeting us like this it is deemed OK by some.

Gets away with it writing freelance stuff. Anyone with any journalistic professional integrity would never even consider doing something so crass. 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How come it's only on page 16 that Hirstyboywonder discloses that Kieran wrote that Chansiri interferes with goats?

If that's true then why not mention it earlier?

I'm confused

I'm not doing the background research into my reasoning for you and as I have linked, it has been discussed on here previously. 

Besides which you said taking anything he has written in the past into account is irrelevant.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I'm not doing the background research into my reasoning for you and as I have linked, it has been discussed on here previously. 

Besides which you said taking anything he has written in the past into account is irrelevant.

So the accounts then...

Owlstalk Shop