No analysis of SWFC accounts until at least the end of July..

24 minutes ago, FroggattOwls said:

The personal charges against all directors have been dropped. 

Why do people assume we have done anything wrong.

That's not what this discussion has been about. You are defending Chansiri against something nobody is talking about.

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.  

On your point, I think we'll be fine given the importance of the sale of Hillsborough in the accounts but the EFL said they gave permission and then further information emerged that throws that permission  - in particular re the timing of the sale - into a different light. As far as I know none of us have any idea what that information is. Until we do we can't definitively say either way so any speculation is extremely idle. It's not hard to understand. All will be revealed in July. 

16 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

That's not what this discussion has been about. You are defending Chansiri against something nobody is talking about.

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.  

On your point, I think we'll be fine given the importance of the sale of Hillsborough in the accounts but the EFL said they gave permission and then further information emerged that throws that permission  - in particular re the timing of the sale - into a different light. As far as I know none of us have any idea what that information is. Until we do we can't definitively say either way so any speculation is extremely idle. It's not hard to understand. All will be revealed in July. 

Well Chansiri been cleared of all the individual charges against him by the EFL.The evidence presented so far clearly illustrates SWFC have acted professionally and within the rules at all times, there have been no fines or action from companies house or SWFC on record anywhere for example. 

The EFL Rules clearly stated the sale of the ground and assets was allowed for FFP reasons. 

The auditors signed off the accounts. 

The trial of evidence so far is that SWFC have acted correctly in all accounts, there is absolutely no evidence otherwise.  Our fave football finance expert can muse all he wants, but i'm struggling here TBH

Edited by FroggattOwls

9 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Oh god...

Herw we go...

Whinge about someone questioning the pundit time...

Its a bit boring

Nah you’re right 

It always makes a right good read when every single topic is thrown to the side and the pundits slated instead over and over

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nah you’re right 

It always makes a right good read when every single topic is thrown to the side and the pundits slated instead over and over

I get it as your new angle...

But people can criticise the pundit if they see valid. Can you honestly say you have never done that?

3 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

But people can criticise the pundit if they see valid. Can you honestly say you have never done that?

I think you’re missing the point 

It details every single thread these days and just becomes about the pundit every single time

Thats why I’m so frustrated by it

Example - we now have two threads about our accounts and EFL charges ruined because people think it’s cool to slate Maguire instead

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

It details every single thread these days and just becomes about the pundit every single time

Example - we now have two threads about our accounts and EFL charges ruined because people think it’s cool to slate Maguire instead

Think its cool?

Or a bit irked by him claiming to know more about the case than he does?

8 minutes ago, FroggattOwls said:

Well Chansiri been cleared of all the individual charges against him by the EFL.The evidence presented so far clearly illustrates SWFC have acted professionally and within the rules at all times, there have been no fines or action from companies house or SWFC on record anywhere for example. 

The EFL Rules clearly stated the sale of the ground and assets was allowed for FFP reasons. 

The trial of evidence so far is that SWFC have acted correctly in all accounts, there is absolutely no evidence otherwise.  Our fave football finance expert can muse all he wants, but i'm struggling here TBH

The EFL are claiming there is additional evidence that neither you nor I are aware of that throws the transaction into doubt. There is no dispute as to whether it was allowed. The issue is the timing. 

As I said above, I think the balance of probabilities is we'll be fine but the EFL clearly think otherwise and we don't know what their evidence is. There really is no need to struggle - it all hangs on that additional evidence which means there is a bit of doubt. 

Just now, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Think its cool?

Or a bit irked by him claiming to know more about the case than he does?

Come on now..

Theres a rabid hunger to attack pundits or journalists who ever they are

Maybe it’s just something I need to get the mods to police and just delete those kind of posts 

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Come on now..

Theres a rabid hunger to attack pundits or journalists who ever they are

Maybe it’s just something I need to get the mods to police and just delete those kind of posts 

Your call.

But a bit of a weird path if we can't criticise pundits

Edited by Belfast Owl 2

8 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

I get it as your new angle...

You don't know what he knows to be fair. He may have a source. 

lol

1 minute ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Your call.

But a bit of a weird path if we can't criticise pundits

Again your desire to attack pundits (bit bizarre mate) is distracting you from the bigger picture about every thread getting derailed with it

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Again your desire to attack pundits (bit bizarre mate) is distracting you from the bigger picture about every thread getting derailed with it

Ive questioned Maguire today but havent criticises any other ones I can remember.

But your call

Guest Grandad
7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Its called shooting the messenger - and has happened on here for years

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Its called shooting the messenger - and has happened on here for years

It's hard to know if it would happen the other way round if a pundit came out and said Wednesday is a well run club and the accounts are really healthy. Sadly no-one does so perhaps we'll never find out.

lol

• Haha 2

Guest Grandad
Just now, rickygoo said:

It's hard to know if it would happen the other way round if a pundit came out and said Wednesday is a well run club and the accounts are really healthy. Sadly no-one does so perhaps we'll never find out.

lol

ExACTLY

23 minutes ago, FroggattOwls said:

FF was cleared of all charges in a court of law. Didn’t stop the “ authorities” finding him guilty?

11 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

The EFL are claiming there is additional evidence that neither you nor I are aware of that throws the transaction into doubt. There is no dispute as to whether it was allowed. The issue is the timing. 

As I said above, I think the balance of probabilities is we'll be fine but the EFL clearly think otherwise and we don't know what their evidence is. There really is no need to struggle - it all hangs on that additional evidence which means there is a bit of doubt. 

If the EFL claimed it was sunny outside i'd have to check. i don't understand why some of our fans are automatically siding with the most useless sports organisation in the world. This is the same organisation that let Bury go bust, and have an horrific track record in all aspects of the administration of the game.