No analysis of SWFC accounts until at least the end of July..

Just now, rickygoo said:

Now we're deciding what "proper" journalists do as well as "proper" accountants!

Great.

That's just great.

NOW we have to compare Daveyboys qualifications as a journalist vs the journalists do decide who to trust on the matter

That's just great...

Owlstalk Shop

21 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Correct

So lets crack on with that then

Like me, Wednesday have delayed them till the end of July. Like me again, I guess it's in their best financial interests to do so.

Subject closed.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nero said:

Like me, Wednesday have delayed them till the end of July. Like me again, I guess it's in their best financial interests to do so.

Subject closed.

Because you say so? And what's your qualification for being a subject closer?

Edited by rickygoo
  • Haha 2

Guest Grandad
1 hour ago, Triple O said:

So I try to literally reply in a reasonable manor and you respond with a personal dig regarding clickbait. The cheapest of shots, good job I'm not a journal eh

Journalist? You can't even spell it pal lol 

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

So...why are journalists and pundits off limits ? If they put there heads above the parapet and talk nonsense then they are there to be shot at like anyone else. And @hirstyboywonder gave a perfectly good example of how the article could have been written without slanting it to have a dig. AS proper journalists should do. 

You do know Maguires not a journalist right? 

Errr GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Guest Grandad
Just now, rickygoo said:

So he's some way off being a "proper" one. 

Im not sure he'd claim to be either

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I will say it again

As I have repeatedly done so over the last 48 hours

Every. Single. Thread. is getting derailed by the same ranty nonsense of people piling onto whoever says something in the press/online

Every one of them.

So effectively it reduces Owlstalk  as a forum to just being who can rant loudest against a pundit/journalist.

The topic gets ignored every. single. time.

Instead it just becomes a d|ck swinging competition as to who can slag the pundit off the most

I don't believe this is the case but even if you feel it is, maybe this was the wrong thread to make such an issue of it.

The topic in question in this case is the fact that Maguire posted on Twitter that we have not yet filed our accounts.

The reality at this stage is that really there is nothing to discuss as the accounts are not late and nothing wrong has been done in this respect. It certainly doesn't amount to 14 pages of discussion.

I offered an opinion as to why I thought there was no need for Maguire to make such a post or to word it in the way that he did. As the thread have shown some have disagreed with my interpretation, others haven't but I don't think there was any need to make such an issue of it in this case. 

26 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Journalist? You can't even spell it pal lol 

You do know Maguires not a journalist right? 

Errr GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Great I make a typo and have to have a lesson from Grandad. Don't know which is worse.🤔

• Haha 1

Guest Grandad
Just now, Triple O said:

Great I make a typo and have to have a lesson from Grandad. Don't know which is worse.🤔

:tongue:

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Exactly my point all along.

But the point is what he has 'reported' or revealed is nothing. We haven't filed our accounts, we aren't expected to have filed our accounts by now, its a non-story with no value.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

But the point is what he has 'reported' or revealed is nothing. We haven't filed our accounts, we aren't expected to have filed our accounts by now, its a non-story with no value.

It's still the topic.

The topic. The subject matter.

Trying to move the thread into a pundit bashing thread (again.. as usual) isn't the topic.

It's literally THAT simple

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I don't agree. He was referencing one of the four clubs delaying their accounts also being one of those who was being investigated by the EFL and that only two years ago it had delayed them for reasons that are still to be determined.

Given what he does for a living, it seems perfectly acceptable to me. Certainly not worthy of some of the defensive outrage we saw subsequently.

Just now, DJMortimer said:

I don't agree. He was referencing one of the four clubs delaying their accounts also being one of those who was being investigated by the EFL and that only two years ago it had delayed them for reasons that are still to be determined.

Given what he does for a living, it seems perfectly acceptable to me. Certainly not worthy of some of the defensive outrage we saw subsequently.

Bang on the money

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad

I really don't understand the aggressive defence thing

Why are people so sensitive about it that they start aggressively attacking people in a way they would never do to their faces? It seems a bit weird to me

8 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Do you definitively know it is only 4 clubs? Even since his report it has been noted there are others. 

Also the number of clubs that have an accounting year end 31/05/20020 and will have therefore had to report to the EFL prior to this and prior to the extension being put in place far outweighs the number of clubs that have a later accounting year end like ourselves.

Given what he does for a living, he well be well aware of this but chose to omit this. 

6 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I really don't understand the aggressive defence thing

Why are people so sensitive about it that they start aggressively attacking people in a way they would never do to their faces? It seems a bit weird to me

It's really odd isn't it.

I think it might be simply because they don't have the capacity to debate the actual topic that's under discussion, and instead just want to lash out in frustration at the pundit making the point

Plus there's the very real possibility that some people think it makes them more of a fan to aggressively defend against ANY comments about SWFC

Either way it's a bit bizarre to want to lash out like that instead of (and in replacement for) debating the topic

Owlstalk Shop

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's still the topic.

The topic. The subject matter.

Trying to move the thread into a pundit bashing thread (again.. as usual) isn't the topic.

It's literally THAT simple

But the fact I believe the subject matter is not worthy of reporting, particularly in the way that he did, relates to the author.

You've had a right fly off the handle at me and others in this thread, I'd like to know where the majority of my posts (as you infer 'as usual') are pundit bashing and result in non-discussion of the topic.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

But the fact I believe the subject matter is not worthy of reporting

Which is fine

That's totally fine

No issues with that.

That's related to the TOPIC

Derailing the topic by attacking the pundit isn't. 

That makes the topic about the pundit

That makes the topic about attacking the pundit.

Which isn't about the actual topic

You've got the FIRST part right as you mentioned what the topic was in your last post

You just gotta work on the second bit now....

I'll keep working with you as I now view you as an active case study

lol

Owlstalk Shop