No analysis of SWFC accounts until at least the end of July..

Just now, Belfast Owl 2 said:

You really are the biggest pain in the arse.

Only because I'm not saying "yeah!! let's do that! Let's all turn every thread into a pundit bashing exercise!! The angrier and more furious we can get, the better we are as Sheffield Wednesday fans"

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Only because I'm not saying "yeah!! let's do that! Let's all turn every thread into a pundit bashing exercise!! The angrier and more furious we can get, the better we are as Sheffield Wednesday fans"

No its really not that.

I really can't be bothered with all this poo today.

Go annoy someone else for having a different opinion.

4 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

No its really not that.

I really can't be bothered with all this poo today.

Go annoy someone else for having a different opinion.

The only difference of opinion here really is that you think threads should be able to be ruined by people ranting about journalists and pundits, whereas I think threads and topics would make a far more interesting read if we discussed the actual topic instead

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

The only difference of opinion here really is that you think threads should be able to be ruined by people ranting about journalists and pundits, whereas I think threads and topics would make a far more interesting read if we discussed the actual topic instead

Yeah whatever you flipping think.

If its makes you feel clever doing this then go ahead. Making stupid assumptions about me. You really think I like threads ruined since we disagreed on this one.

Ive offered an opinion on Maguire for his language

Many other threads such as Waddle one Ive not commented on pundit.

With poo going on personally right now I cant be bothered dealing with this.

If you think its funny crack on

There is brutally obvious evidence that the EFL case against us rather than the other two clubs is stronger due to issues that are a matter of public record.

Sorry, but that's just as obvious as can be. Therefore, it seems perfectly reasonable for me that someone has pointed that out. The fact that he is professionally qualified and highly sought after for such opinions strengthens this further still. Given his status, it's quite possible he knows rather more than he can say at this point.

But for the most part, that has been kicked aside and instead what we've had is some utterly uninformed people squealing that this fellow has said something mildly critical about our club. The same club that in other threads has been receiving a kicking for exactly the same things for months now.

In the fullness of time, maybe we escape the charge and things get back to normal. I'd be surprised personally, but we've basically got two combatants with a track record for hollow bluster and downright incompetence so it may come down to who is the least useless when it gets down to the actual evidence. But even if that proves to be the case, the original point would still be entirely valid.

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Let's be 100% honest here

You just want threads to be a massive pile on full of angry men shaking their fists and ranting about pundits and journalists

lol

TBH don't think I've ever ranted about journalists or pundits as their reports are about the issues as they see them. They get it wrong sometimes which I believe Dom has freely admitted. I haven't got a problem with Maguire's financial reporting and analysis but he has no need to suggest things which amount to clickbait at best. 

Just now, Triple O said:

TBH don't think I've ever ranted about journalists or pundits as their reports are about the issues as they see them. They get it wrong sometimes which I believe Dom has freely admitted. I haven't got a problem with Maguire's financial reporting and analysis but he has no need to suggest things which amount to clickbait at best. 

How is it clickbait?

People literally don't know what the term 'clickbait' means but still try using it

lol

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How is it clickbait?

People literally don't know what the term 'clickbait' means but still try using it

lol

So I try to literally reply in a reasonable manor and you respond with a personal dig regarding clickbait. The cheapest of shots, good job I'm not a journal eh

37 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Yeah whatever you flipping think.

If its makes you feel clever doing this then go ahead. Making stupid assumptions about me. You really think I like threads ruined since we disagreed on this one.

Ive offered an opinion on Maguire for his language

Many other threads such as Waddle one Ive not commented on pundit.

With poo going on personally right now I cant be bothered dealing with this.

If you think its funny crack on

If you've got personal issues fella i wouldn't be on here as a stress reliever haha

Seriously though there is way more to life than football i think we've all discovered that. 

So...why are journalists and pundits off limits ? If they put there heads above the parapet and talk nonsense then they are there to be shot at like anyone else. And @hirstyboywonder gave a perfectly good example of how the article could have been written without slanting it to have a dig. AS proper journalists should do. 

Edited by daveyboy66

6 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

So...why are journalists and pundits off limits ? If they put there heads above the parapet and talk nonsense then they are there to be shot at like anyone else. And @hirstyboywonder gave a perfectly good example of how the article could have been written without slanting it to have a dig. AS proper journalists should do. 

I will say it again

As I have repeatedly done so over the last 48 hours

Every. Single. Thread. is getting derailed by the same ranty nonsense of people piling onto whoever says something in the press/online

Every one of them.

So effectively it reduces Owlstalk  as a forum to just being who can rant loudest against a pundit/journalist.

The topic gets ignored every. single. time.

Instead it just becomes a d|ck swinging competition as to who can slag the pundit off the most

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

As I indicated earlier, there were two things that singled out our club for special mention, both of them instigated by our board. Firstly, there was the disputed events of 2018 and the late filing of our accounts that the EFL has taken issue with and this year we are one of just 4 clubs (Derby were one of the others 'coincidentally' enough) that have taken up the offer to delay this year's. It seems to me perfectly reasonable to raise an eyebrow at the combination of these events that don't apply to a single other club in the league.

11 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Now we're deciding what "proper" journalists do as well as "proper" accountants!

lol

• Haha 3