No analysis of SWFC accounts until at least the end of July..

Guest mkowl
8 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Here’s an ex-accountant with something interesting to say who does know about football and finance. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/may/05/player-wages-and-contracts-will-bankrupt-efl-clubs-its-time-for-the-pfa-to-act

Can't argue with any of that 

Football finance as long been a mystery - because I can understand you taking a punt on getting promotion to the EPL if when you got there you made a profit. But you don't, you get a shed load more money that you fully splurge on transfer fees and wages just to stay there. 

Simon Jordan totally nails this and that the EPL and EFL want to return ASAP to keep the bubble from bursting.

And they have plenty of mouthpieces in the media - which is frankly unsurprising because how many forge a livelihood from reporting and commenting on the day to day activities thereof. 

I don't like Maguire because I saw the true side of him in Twitter exchanges. Deeply unpleasant character. 

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

Can't argue with any of that 

Football finance as long been a mystery - because I can understand you taking a punt on getting promotion to the EPL if when you got there you made a profit. But you don't, you get a shed load more money that you fully splurge on transfer fees and wages just to stay there. 

Simon Jordan totally nails this and that the EPL and EFL want to return ASAP to keep the bubble from bursting.

And they have plenty of mouthpieces in the media - which is frankly unsurprising because how many forge a livelihood from reporting and commenting on the day to day activities thereof. 

I don't like Maguire because I saw the true side of him in Twitter exchanges. Deeply unpleasant character. 

He was my boss when I worked for Coopers and Lybrand/Cork Gully.

2 hours ago, mkowl said:

A Twitter argument? He might be saying the same about you in that case. We only have one side of a twitter spat to go on.

You shouldn't let that cloud the actual content of what he says regardless otherwise it just makes you come across as bitter and twisted and gnarled up like a tree stump in the summer breeze

Owlstalk Shop