No analysis of SWFC accounts until at least the end of July..

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

errrrr why would he?

He's talking about Sheffield Wednesday innit bruv

It was a simple question, if he's made similar comments regarding the other clubs that's fair enough.  

I'm not happy about how our finances have been run & as others have said if you were told that 4 clubs had not submitted their accounts there's a good chance we'd be one of them & I doubt they're going to be pleasant reading.

Regardless of the contents of the accounts if Maguire hasn't made similar statements regarding the other 3 clubs you can't blame people for thinking he has an agenda against us.

13 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Why are we any different to them in this context? Why are we the ones said to be 'hiding'? 

derrrrr

Because Sheffield Wednesday were the team he was referring to in his tweet?

Once again you're looking for reasons to:

1) Find offence in something where there is none
2) Be argumentative against any post I make

lol

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, mogbad said:

It was a simple question, if he's made similar comments regarding the other clubs that's fair enough.  

I'm not happy about how our finances have been run & as others have said if you were told that 4 clubs had not submitted their accounts there's a good chance we'd be one of them & I doubt they're going to be pleasant reading.

Regardless of the contents of the accounts if Maguire hasn't made similar statements regarding the other 3 clubs you can't blame people for thinking he has an agenda against us.

Similar Statements?

He literally just posted out that he was looking forward to assessing Sheffield Wednesday's accounts but can't

Not sure why he would have to post a disclaimer about every other affected club just so that the oversensitive 'offended' brigade on here don't get all upset about it

lol

Any neutral reading this thread must be either banging their heads on their desks or just crying in frustration at just how many people are trying to find stuff to be offended by

Owlstalk Shop

"Had been looking forward to analysing Sheffield Wednesday’s accounts but sadly they’ve hidden behind the rules introduced by the chancellor extending publishing the accounts for three months so nothing out until end of July...at least. By the way I'd better mention Crystal Palace etc just for those grown men on Owlstalk who cry if I don't. Even though I'm not bothered about analysing Palace's accounts or anything, but I'd better mention em otherwise they'll all be kickin off and crying about it"

Better?

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

The accounts should have been prepared and the audit completed months ago..it’s a simple one site one activity business. 

You don't work in accounts do you. Companies large, small, simple, complex simply do not file their annual accounts months before the deadline.

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

derrrrr

Because Sheffield Wednesday were the team he was referring to in his tweet?

Once again you're looking for reasons to:

1) Find offence in something where there is none
2) Be argumentative against any post I make

lol

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

"Had been looking forward to analysing Sheffield Wednesday’s accounts but sadly they’ve hidden behind the rules introduced by the chancellor extending publishing the accounts for three months so nothing out until end of July...at least. By the way I'd better mention Crystal Palace etc just for those grown men on Owlstalk who cry if I don't. Even though I'm not bothered about analysing Palace's accounts or anything, but I'd better mention em otherwise they'll all be kickin off and crying about it"

Better?

Thought you weren't replying to me tonight?

Derr, crybabies and referring to people as brainless so far tonight because they have a different opinion to yours.

Guess post, not posters only applies to those who don't make the rules.

46 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

7 pages of people crying because someone challenges them slagging off a football finance expert

lol

Yes, but it’s passed a few more hours. A few more hours towards normality.

Unless this is the new norm. Cue Melvin Udall.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Similar Statements?

He literally just posted out that he was looking forward to assessing Sheffield Wednesday's accounts but can't

Not sure why he would have to post a disclaimer about every other affected club just so that the oversensitive 'offended' brigade on here don't get all upset about it

lol

I know his post was about us, I get that, my question was whether he had made similar posts regarding the other clubs, if not why just us.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Thought you weren't replying to me tonight?

Derr, crybabies and referring to people as brainless so far tonight because they have a different opinion to yours.

Guess post, not posters only applies to those who don't make the rules.

Once again you refer to my running the site/rules

Stop crying like a little baby and stop trying to pull stuff like that into what is supposed to be a grown up discussion ffs

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, mogbad said:

I know his post was about us, I get that, my question was whether he had made similar posts regarding the other clubs, if not why just us.

He has a very large interest in Sheffield Wednesday FC mate

Always has. He spends a lot of time on us, studying our accounts, delving into the detail and trends etc

I guess we have had more problems/issues than most other clubs recently

Owlstalk Shop

A football finance expert has rated Crystal Palace as LESS valuable than Norwich, Aston Villa, and West Brom - but more than West Ham.

Kieran Maguire - lecturer on football finance at Liverpool University - has carried out calculations based on 2016 club accounts on the then 20 Premier League teams.

*logs onto crystalpalacetalk*

*sees grown men crying on there that he's 'slagged off' Crystal Palace but hasn't mentioned Sheffield Wednesday*

*nods head in knowing manner*

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He has a very large interest in Sheffield Wednesday FC mate

Always has. He spends a lot of time on us, studying our accounts, delving into the detail and trends etc

I guess we have had more problems/issues than most other clubs recently

I don't think any of us could disagree with that mate.

43 minutes ago, mogbad said:

Apologies if I've missed it but has Maguire posted similar "hiding behind the rules" statements with regard to Crystal Palace, Newcastle & Derby.

NEWCASTLE UNITED

Loads of Newcastle United fans have reacted to a claim from football finance expert Kieran Maguire that Mike Ashley would be ‘lucky’ to get £250 million by selling the Tyneside club, according to ChronicleLive.

As per the report, Maguire says that the owner will have to accept that the value of the Magpies has gone down in current circumstances and claims that the chance to sell NUFC for a potentially ‘big profit’ has likely ‘passed’. He highlights that the share price for the likes of Juventus and Manchester United have fallen, with the latter apparently losing a quarter of its original value, as per the expert.

Maguire also raised the fact that if the UK economy plummets, which it is expected to according to him, supporters may not buy as many match day tickets and spending on the likes of catering and merchandise will fall, therefore proving a decrease in revenue and thus contribute to a potential drop in the club’s overall value.

I dunno eh?

That Maguire slagging off Newcastle United calling them worthless and slating the club....

Shocking

Owlstalk Shop

Football finance expert Kieran Maguire has issued a stark warning to Derby County and their rivals in the wake of the coronavirus crisis.

"The clubs in the lower leagues, most of them have got fairly precarious finances to begin with and have operating on a week-to-week basis in terms of meeting their financial obligations, paying the rent, paying the wage bill, paying the council tax and so on," he told the PA news agency.

"And that's during a season when they were having regular fixtures.

"Both Macclesfield and Southend failed to pay wages in February. Oldham didn't pay their March wages until, I think, two days ago, so there's a backlog in terms of wages being paid.

Look at him

Just look at him

Slagging off Oldham now... 

And Macclesfield and Southend too...

Boooooo Maguire

Owlstalk Shop

"If you take a look at the losses in the Championship - there's a couple of clubs that haven't published their results, Sheffield Wednesday and Derby - I think we're looking probably at a cumulative operating loss of around about £650million in the Championship.

He's at it again look

Slagging off Wednesday in the press

What's he thinking?

Booooooo Maguire

Owlstalk Shop

16 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You don't work in accounts do you. Companies large, small, simple, complex simply do not file their annual accounts months before the deadline.

Large, complex businesses close and report in weeks not months. Our year end was 31 March and by 9th April the company accounts were finalised and group report pack finished and submitted. The audit kicked off on the 14th and was completed last Friday. Our accounts are now being consolidated into group accounts in time for the announcement of results in the middle of this month. The shareholders meeting is later in June. That’s a +$20 bn turnover multi national operating around the world not a simple one site one operation business.

What’s your experience by the way?

Edited by kobayashi
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

NEWCASTLE UNITED

Loads of Newcastle United fans have reacted to a claim from football finance expert Kieran Maguire that Mike Ashley would be ‘lucky’ to get £250 million by selling the Tyneside club, according to ChronicleLive.

As per the report, Maguire says that the owner will have to accept that the value of the Magpies has gone down in current circumstances and claims that the chance to sell NUFC for a potentially ‘big profit’ has likely ‘passed’. He highlights that the share price for the likes of Juventus and Manchester United have fallen, with the latter apparently losing a quarter of its original value, as per the expert.

Maguire also raised the fact that if the UK economy plummets, which it is expected to according to him, supporters may not buy as many match day tickets and spending on the likes of catering and merchandise will fall, therefore proving a decrease in revenue and thus contribute to a potential drop in the club’s overall value.

I dunno eh?

That Maguire slagging off Newcastle United calling them worthless and slating the club....

Shocking

Nice work, keep supporting Maguire as much as you can.

Notice the content of this article by Maguire suggests they wouldn't get £150M for the club. Looks like he got that wrong!

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

He's at it again look

Slagging off Wednesday in the press

What's he thinking?

Booooooo Maguire

Are you OK? Have you found his article yet where he made an amusing abusive message about Chansiri using the opening letters of each paragraph like a naughty little schoolboy?

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Are you OK? Have you found his article yet where he made an amusing abusive message about Chansiri using the opening letters of each paragraph like a naughty little schoolboy?

He does it for other teams too. 

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

He does it for other teams too. 

Doesn't make it any better does it, nor does posting links to articles about football finance where he was wide of the mark too.

I'm out, I'll leave you and the chief to it as you've obviously nothing better to do than sing the praises of this guy.