Carlos “I am finished... This is the new me”

7 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

The play off failures are a cancer at the club.

They've sucked millions out in wages, and coasted for the majority of the time, bottling it when it really matters.

Carlos is just just Carlos. A joke of a manager, who wasn't worthy of our club.

Nailed it. I’d sussed Carlos out from the off, but was late to the party in terms off the majority of playing and coaching staff. Hopefully the majority have all f ecked off by the time the game starts up again.

17 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Which ex players? 

Which managers? The two with fantastic records, not just at our club but at others too? Monk has no managerial pedigree in terms of being successful or bringing players in when he has had the opportunity.

Which players do you think are causing the bad atmosphere currently?

This is the squad by and large that has been involved in most matches this year:

Dawson

Palmer

Fox

Borner

Lees 

Iorfa

Harris 

Murphy

Bannan

Lee

Wickham

Wildsmith

Forestieri

Pelupessy

Windass

Da Cruz

Nuhiu.

Then you've got Fletcher would would obviously have been involved more had he been fit but given the praise he has rightly received from Monk I can't see him being 'part of the problem'

The highlighted players are the ones that were involved in the Carlos era. Which of those are creating the bad culture that exists from top to bottom and have influenced all of the other new players?

Bannan? Can't see it given he is picked every week and now put forward to speak on behalf of the club? Lee? Doesn't seem the type to create dissent and be a bad influence. Lees? Again doubt he is that type, he is simply shot of form and confidence? Forestieri? Has made some questionable decisions in his time with us and his attitude has been questioned but Monk doesn't need to include him and if anything he has worked as hard as anyone recently? Any of the others seem like the type to lead a revolt?

In Monks only season at Leeds he too then to the brink of the play offs. Correct me if I’m wrong, he brought in Hernandez. Possibly Wood and Ayling.

Previous managers under that chairman didn’t do so well.

When he left Boro they were in the play off positions. 

He took Brum from the bottom half, to the top half. 

14 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

In Monks only season at Leeds he too then to the brink of the play offs. Correct me if I’m wrong, he brought in Hernandez. Possibly Wood and Ayling.

Previous managers under that chairman didn’t do so well.

When he left Boro they were in the play off positions. 

He took Brum from the bottom half, to the top half. 

He worked with Hernandez at Swansea so had a way in. He took Leeds to the play-off positions for much of the season then blew it when push came to shove. They have done better since he left. 

Monk got sacked at Middlesbrough when they beat us, they were outside the play-offs at the time, Pulis took them into the play-offs. He spent over 50M that summer. He initially did well at Birmingham but they finished the season in 17th. Without a 9 point deduction they would have finished 15th. Inspirational stuff. 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Better than. the playoffs?

I think you'll find they finished outside the play-offs in Monk's only season having tailed off when well placed. research needed it seems.

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He worked with Hernandez at Swansea so had a way in. He took Leeds to the play-off positions for much of the season then blew it when push came to shove. They have done better since he left. 

Monk got sacked at Middlesbrough when they beat us, they were outside the play-offs at the time, Pulis took them into the play-offs. He spent over 50M that summer. He initially did well at Birmingham but they finished the season in 17th. Without a 9 point deduction they would have finished 15th. Inspirational stuff. 

What the f@£k do you expect from a club that were turned down by Steve McLaren. 

I’d love to know. 

And as you know so much about Leeds, where did they finish in the season before Monk, and the season after. 

And Boro, since Monk ? Got to the play offs - under the mercurial Tony Pulis, lost over 2 legs without scoring. Where are they now. Where’s Pulis now. 

So back to the managerial pond we’re fishing in, do tell us all who the answer is. 

Is this the same Ross Wallace that 'shushed' the North when he scored a tap after playing terribly for months? A game we went on to lose. 

Carlos was far from perfect but you can't deny he went down trying his damnedest, the players are a disgrace. 

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

What the f@£k do you expect from a club that were turned down by Steve McLaren. 

I’d love to know. 

And as you know so much about Leeds, where did they finish in the season before Monk, and the season after. 

And Boro, since Monk ? Got to the play offs - under the mercurial Tony Pulis, lost over 2 legs without scoring. Where are they now. Where’s Pulis now. 

So back to the managerial pond we’re fishing in, do tell us all who the answer is. 

No need to get so angry. chill out a bit.

Middlesbrough finished 5th then 7th after Monk left. They have dropped off now but not as a result of getting rid of Monk I don't think. Looking to try and get us into trouble as they can't recoup the money lost on Monk's spending in League One if they go down.

Leeds finished mid-table the next season, managed to find someone less charismatic and tactically aware than Monk. Not done bad since though, doubt they want him back. 

Birmingham are doing OK with Monk's assistant in his place, shame James Beattie is about the only coach of note Monk is still on speaking terms with. 

26 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I think you'll find they finished outside the play-offs in Monk's only season having tailed off when well placed. research needed it seems.

8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

No need to get so angry. chill out a bit.

Middlesbrough finished 5th then 7th after Monk left. They have dropped off now but not as a result of getting rid of Monk I don't think. Looking to try and get us into trouble as they can't recoup the money lost on Monk's spending in League One if they go down.

Leeds finished mid-table the next season, managed to find someone less charismatic and tactically aware than Monk. Not done bad since though, doubt they want him back. 

Birmingham are doing OK with Monk's assistant in his place, shame James Beattie is about the only coach of note Monk is still on speaking terms with. 

Right, so apart from Leeds, who didn’t do so well in their first season after Monk left, the other two are in the same pot as us. 

Probably looking for a better manager. But then there are no guarantees are there.

But as you’re so keen to point out has bad Monk is and offload him, answer the question about his replacement.

And were you calling for his head when when we were third.

It's very difficult for a fan to look at this and see these players for what they are.

Many of them are getting paid very well to play a sport, but to them it's a job. 

A couple of poor seasons to them is nothing, they still get paid and more often than not there's another club ready to give them another contract.

It's like with anything, when things get too easy you stop working for it, human nature.

Hats off to all the lads at the highest level, delivering the goods every week.

2 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

It's very difficult for a fan to look at this and see these players for what they are.

Many of them are getting paid very well to play a sport, but to them it's a job. 

A couple of poor seasons to them is nothing, they still get paid and more often than not there's another club ready to give them another contract.

It's like with anything, when things get too easy you stop working for it, human nature.

Hats off to all the lads at the highest level, delivering the goods every week.

Your points sum up where we are. It’s too easy to turn up and collect 10/20/30k a week. In fact for some of them it seems they couldn’t even turn up for training on time.

The much maligned Lukuhay tried to tackle that. As bad as we were under Jos, I applaud him for that.

Then we have a keeper who’s appearances have been limited, who’s form was inconsistent, yet managed to trouser another lucrative deal. 

It’s utterly embarrassing.

As for those delivering it every week, is it not what they’re paid for.

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Who in hell is Si Ferry who claimed to have played for us.....mind you he also claimed we were relegated from league 1 to league 2 so the first claim is probably as believable as the second one

He was talking about his time at Swindon, we won 3-1 at Hillsborough under Megson to relegate them. 

The most embarrassing thing about this whole thing is the fact Chansiri and Carlos are still idolised for that era, yet they clearly enabled a holiday camp mentality. While our current manager is being pillared by fans for trying to weed it out some 5 years later.

I’d be interested to hear what McGeady had to say about Carlos, after Si Ferry hinted to some more horror stories. Especially considering McGeady was at the club at a time when many look back now and claim everything was rosy. 

12 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

He was talking about his time at Swindon, we won 3-1 at Hillsborough under Megson to relegate them. 

The most embarrassing thing about this whole thing is the fact Chansiri and Carlos are still idolised for that era, yet they clearly enabled a holiday camp mentality. While our current manager is being pillared by fans for trying to weed it out some 5 years later.

I’d be interested to hear what McGeady had to say about Carlos, after Si Ferry hinted to some more horror stories. Especially considering McGeady was at the club at a time when many look back now and claim everything was rosy. 

Ah McGeady, went onto have a great career at this level after leaving us, not as if he would hold a grudge or anything....