Carlos “I am finished... This is the new me”

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Makes you wonder if the players have direct communication with the chairman too (to bypass/challenge the manager's decisions)

Didn't Luhukay's dismissal come the day after the players had a meeting at the training ground with Chansiri, or was that just another rumour?

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Monk has been slated and blamed 

“get em managed” people have cried

”it’s the managers job to manage these problems” they said

It was all there to see in the game against Villa at the end of last season. They don't have any fight. It's just another game as Carlos said before the September 2017 Derby.

TELEMMGLPICT000141645766_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqa4c9iII49Coi-fQLVCwOcRHPi209xMOP77NWb7b_Srs.jpeg.fd22bca8107f69cdbc06e0725362a2f1.jpeg

At least they have folded their hand before we get the heart ache of the  play off chase this year.

I am still blaming the Paxo Stuffing though, as none of the last three coaches chose these players, technically. 

IMG_20200310_075205.thumb.jpg.f3f075530a5b7c5d54361afc0d707e33.jpg

5 hours ago, torres said:

That is still the case is it not?

The thing a lot of people don't get or are unwilling to understand is that it takes time 

Wholeheartedly agree. Speaking from experience, when a team, with a ringleader who has everyone else’s ear, turns against a manager, it is toxic.

Despite the performances, I’d still keep Monk. The bad apples will be gone soon. If Monk goes, the vicious cycle continues. The bad guys win.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Carlos had the opportunity to stamp it out the second the first player showed signs of it

Wasn't that first player McGugan. Banished to train by himself?

It could be my memory is at fault.

46 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Wholeheartedly agree. Speaking from experience, when a team, with a ringleader who has everyone else’s ear, turns against a manager, it is toxic.

Despite the performances, I’d still keep Monk. The bad apples will be gone soon. If Monk goes, the vicious cycle continues. The bad guys win.

Who are the bad guys that are still involved and have been influencing everyone else for the past 3 months then?

It is Monk who has set us up not to attack at home all season long.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Who are the bad guys that are still involved and have been influencing everyone else for the past 3 months then?

Two managers, some ex players, some pundits have all said there's a bad culture at the club from top to bottom

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Two managers, some ex players, some pundits have all said there's a bad culture at the club from top to bottom

Which ex players? 

Which managers? The two with fantastic records, not just at our club but at others too? Monk has no managerial pedigree in terms of being successful or bringing players in when he has had the opportunity.

Which players do you think are causing the bad atmosphere currently?

This is the squad by and large that has been involved in most matches this year:

Dawson

Palmer

Fox

Borner

Lees 

Iorfa

Harris 

Murphy

Bannan

Lee

Wickham

Wildsmith

Forestieri

Pelupessy

Windass

Da Cruz

Nuhiu.

Then you've got Fletcher would would obviously have been involved more had he been fit but given the praise he has rightly received from Monk I can't see him being 'part of the problem'

The highlighted players are the ones that were involved in the Carlos era. Which of those are creating the bad culture that exists from top to bottom and have influenced all of the other new players?

Bannan? Can't see it given he is picked every week and now put forward to speak on behalf of the club? Lee? Doesn't seem the type to create dissent and be a bad influence. Lees? Again doubt he is that type, he is simply shot of form and confidence? Forestieri? Has made some questionable decisions in his time with us and his attitude has been questioned but Monk doesn't need to include him and if anything he has worked as hard as anyone recently? Any of the others seem like the type to lead a revolt?

Massive over reaction on here.....Wallace is just sharing a funny moment from his time with carlos as manager....so what.....I’d hope all players have moments they laugh at over every manager.....the best managers will also laugh with them at it, especially 3 years later

Wallace earned the right to have a laugh....if it was Jones or Abdi I might have a different view

Just now, Ian said:

Massive over reaction on here.....Wallace is just sharing a funny moment from his time with carlos as manager....so what.....I’d hope all players have moments they laugh at over every manager.....the best managers will also laugh with them at it, especially 3 years later

Wallace earned the right to have a laugh....if it was Jones or Abdi I might have a different view

Yep, they have taken a soundbite from a much longer interview and have turned it into something it isn't.

20 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

@owistslk beat me to it, although more succinctly.

I will add, this thread is about the culture that Monk inherited, and not cultivated.

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Have you watched the full interview?

All 1 hour 17 minutes? No and to be honest It'd take much longer as I'd have to keep going back to fully understand him, but I've watched more than to cast his Wednesday career aside based on a 100 second soundbite.

Have you never had a boss/work colleague that you liked and respected but had a good anecdote about a time you took the p**s out of them?

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Thought not

lol

If that's the best you can do I'm not even going to bother having a conversation with you, not very mature at all.

Have a good evening! 😉