Carlos “I am finished... This is the new me”

On 16/03/2020 at 14:39, @owlstalk said:

We had a hell of an unlucky streak if we have managed to go out and recruit a huge group of players all with the same attitude, character and mentality....

Unprecedented in fact 

i'm gonna choose yours to reply to instead of using multi quote and ending up with a post long enough to paper the wall with. when you buy players who have in the past been in championship promotion sides, and then been unloaded by the promoted sides, are you getting someone who knows IF we get up he's outa the door again? (and lets be fair wednesday weren't paying buttons were we?) are you better off just falling short of promotion, or going up and running the risk of being got shut of again.

likewise players who are 'proven championship players'?

imagine if we played together, and were on £10k per week, we'd be mad to encourage that place to get shut of us, and we might have to go to toytown on £4k per week.

19 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

No I wasn't calling for his head when we were 3rd. As was the case with Bruce and Luhukay and every manager we've had I wanted to see him succeed and wasn't enamoured by his appointment but at the same time wasn't distraught. 

What I have seen since December (and much of the whole season at home given we have only scored 2 first-half home goals under his management) has led me to believe he is not going to take us forward. 

Yes we have players we need to get rid of but Monk is the manager, he needs to manage what he has to work with and knew what he was walking into, our issues aren't a secret. Like in many of his jobs he started off well and has not managed to maintain it. He has a record of falling out with people in his short time in management and a record of not holding down a job for too long. 

As for his replacement, sadly I don't know who would come to us, as I have said many times we are stuck in a position where few in their right mind will take this job until the EFL case is decided and we know where we stand. That doesn't mean we can't analyse and be critical of the managers performance.

tbh, anyone (for me) that couldn't see fletcher was THE attack, and IF and WHEN we lost him we were ****ed, due to ALL the attackers on the bench and in the reserves being shyte either doesn't know a deal about football, OR has an agenda and wants to use our form (without fletcher) to hammer that agenda home.

numbers in our support are still 'baying' for the ball to be played square at the back all day long.

On 16/03/2020 at 13:36, Costello 77 said:

Also..if Carlos was focused and professional they wouldn't have had anything to laugh about..

yer I didn't find carlos funny one bit ,I knew even then this was a huge wasted opportunity. club could be set back well over 10 years by him and chansiri`s crazy gamble. 

22 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Your points sum up where we are. It’s too easy to turn up and collect 10/20/30k a week. In fact for some of them it seems they couldn’t even turn up for training on time.

The much maligned Lukuhay tried to tackle that. As bad as we were under Jos, I applaud him for that.

Then we have a keeper who’s appearances have been limited, who’s form was inconsistent, yet managed to trouser another lucrative deal. 

It’s utterly embarrassing.

As for those delivering it every week, is it not what they’re paid for.

I can accept players being played at a level they aren't ready for, most notably the younger players.

I can accept players being out of form.

With the 2 scenarios above you would expect a manager/coach to be fully aware of it and try to work through it.

What I will never accept are players who are happy to lose, you will lose games, the best teams in the world lose games but we have to have a reaction.

Both coaches and fans need a reaction from the players, Monk isn't getting one, we aren't getting one, the players are doing the bare minimum.

They either want a change in the dressing room, that would explain a lot after a decent start to the season, Monk just simply can't motivate them.

or

They have given up on the season, from being in a decent 3rd place seems a bit strange. This is when I think maybe the off field issues have affected them mentally without realising it.

The performance against Man City wasn't bad, they are one of the best teams in Europe, easy to say but if you can turn up for that one then why not Brentford away.

Simply, Brentford wanted it more and they were willing to run further and faster, that happens a lot to us.

54 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

They either want a change in the dressing room, that would explain a lot after a decent start to the season, Monk just simply can't motivate them.

or

They have given up on the season, from being in a decent 3rd place seems a bit strange. This is when I think maybe the off field issues have affected them mentally without realising it.

The performance against Man City wasn't bad, they are one of the best teams in Europe, easy to say but if you can turn up for that one then why not Brentford away.

Simply, Brentford wanted it more and they were willing to run further and faster, that happens a lot to us.

Even if they have issues with the manager, and I doubt they all do, to collectively down tools is unacceptable. In any other walk of life they’d be pulled, one by one and held to account.

But our hapless chairman has run us aground, with a squad containing certain individuals who just look forward to payday.

Monk needs to look at himself too, starting with his persistence of having Tom Lees as captain.