Carlos “I am finished... This is the new me”

Given the constant angling towards ‘funny stories’ in the interview, it's hardly surprising that he actually had some from his 3 seasons with us.

Wallace was a good signing for us and he did well for us. This interview doesn't change that one bit.

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Ah McGeady, went onto have a great career at this level after leaving us, not as if he would hold a grudge or anything....

The mans saying he’d like to hear what Mcgeady’s thoughts were. 

Is anyone on here allowed an alternate opinion ?

Just because he didn’t do well here, it doesn’t mean he would lie. 

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs

34 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Right, so apart from Leeds, who didn’t do so well in their first season after Monk left, the other two are in the same pot as us. 

Probably looking for a better manager. But then there are no guarantees are there.

But as you’re so keen to point out has bad Monk is and offload him, answer the question about his replacement.

And were you calling for his head when when we were third.

No I wasn't calling for his head when we were 3rd. As was the case with Bruce and Luhukay and every manager we've had I wanted to see him succeed and wasn't enamoured by his appointment but at the same time wasn't distraught. 

What I have seen since December (and much of the whole season at home given we have only scored 2 first-half home goals under his management) has led me to believe he is not going to take us forward. 

Yes we have players we need to get rid of but Monk is the manager, he needs to manage what he has to work with and knew what he was walking into, our issues aren't a secret. Like in many of his jobs he started off well and has not managed to maintain it. He has a record of falling out with people in his short time in management and a record of not holding down a job for too long. 

As for his replacement, sadly I don't know who would come to us, as I have said many times we are stuck in a position where few in their right mind will take this job until the EFL case is decided and we know where we stand. That doesn't mean we can't analyse and be critical of the managers performance.

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

The mans saying he’d like to hear what Mcgeady’s thoughts were. 

Is anyone on here allowed an alternate opinion ?

McGeady chucked his toys out of the pram when he wasn't selected in the play-offs, I have an idea he will be less than complimentary. Better to slag Wallace off for reciting a funny anecdote about the manager though and see what the thoughts of a 4-month loan player who hardly pulled up any trees were and take that as gospel instead.. 

17 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Ah McGeady, went onto have a great career at this level after leaving us, not as if he would hold a grudge or anything....

He’d had a very good career beforehand and has played under some very good managers. 

It’d be good to hear his point of view of that time considering he’s played at the very top level. 

11 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

McGeady chucked his toys out of the pram when he wasn't selected in the play-offs, I have an idea he will be less than complimentary. Better to slag Wallace off for reciting a funny anecdote about the manager though and see what the thoughts of a 4-month loan player who hardly pulled up any trees were and take that as gospel instead.. 

I don’t see where I, or anyone else has said they’d disregard Wallace’s opinion in favour of McGeady’s. Or anyone saying they’d take McGeady’s account as gospel. As my post says above, he’s had a varied career, his opinion would be an interesting one. 

22 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

May as well get lewis mcgugan on the phone while we're at it.

It's always amazing how het up people get when people understandably say Carlos had a great first season. Their reaction is utterly bizarre.

Just now, Owls2k said:

It's always amazing how het up people get when people understandably say Carlos had a great first season. Their reaction is utterly bizarre.

I don’t think anyone’s doubting the success of that season.

But given the seasons that have followed I’d say fans have every right to dissect where things have gone wrong. When you hear interviews like this with Wallace, it’s hard to see beyond a group who were playing for themselves and not the manager. Carlos was lauded by the fans and the media as a mastermind that orchestrated a bunch of misfits to relative success. It’s quiet clear from Wallace’s account that, that wasn’t the case at all. 

6 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

For some it is going to be Carlos' fault that we are having a bad time until such point that we have a good time then we can finally put Carlos' awful time as manager, which included finishing 6th and finishing 4th, behind us.

34 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

I don’t think anyone’s doubting the success of that season.

But given the seasons that have followed I’d say fans have every right to dissect where things have gone wrong. When you hear interviews like this with Wallace, it’s hard to see beyond a group who were playing for themselves and not the manager. Carlos was lauded by the fans and the media as a mastermind that orchestrated a bunch of misfits to relative success. It’s quiet clear from Wallace’s account that, that wasn’t the case at all. 

It's not 'quite* clear' at all, that's just conjecture. Carlos deserves as much credit for the first year as he does criticism for the third and eccentricities are hardly rare when it comes to football managers.

All this shows is that Wallace, like many other players are completely juvenile, take little to no responsibility and are pretty much the kids in a classroom most of the time. 

Having heard/watched many other podcasts like this (e.g. Undr The Cosh) many players have told similar stories about far more successful managers than dear, lauded Carlos. 

It's also worth noting that McGeady has been interviewed on this channel before, where he said Carlos really liked him but didn't end up playing much, possibly because he was not fit enough, maybe he didn't want to put those 'horror stories' in while he was still playing.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Also..if Carlos was focused and professional they wouldn't have had anything to laugh about..

Carlos WAS focused and professional.  Always has been.  

Can't say that about some of his players though. 

Some of you are reading too much into his interview.  Wallace was a dressing room joker.  Remember the note he pinched at Huddersfield.  He's going to sit there telling funny stories.  It's in his nature.  But Carlos put some shades on!  I didn't get the joke.  It was like listening to Rab C Nesbitt at times.  

So if the dressing room was bad when we finished 6th and 4th in the league, how come no other manager can get us in the top half of the league when they've had basically the same players.  

1 minute ago, Lincs Owl said:

Some of you are reading too much into his interview.  Wallace was a dressing room joker.  Remember the note he pinched at Huddersfield.  He's going to sit there telling funny stories.  It's in his nature.  But Carlos put some shades on!  I didn't get the joke.  It was like listening to Rab C Nesbitt at times.  

So if the dressing room was bad when we finished 6th and 4th in the league, how come no other manager can get us in the top half of the league when they've had basically the same players.  

I normally try to give a considered response to well thought out logical posts..

21 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I really enjoy Roy Keane as a pundit but please no as a manager!

He might be decent as an assistant manager though.

Didn't work too well at forest with him as O'Niels assistant.

That said though Harry used to always have joe Jordan as his assistant who was perfect as his enforcer/drill Sargent. Here probably lies the problem with bully, he's actually too nice and best buddies with the players. 

If monk or whomever replaces him in the end is to prevail he needs to have his own man in as assistant. 

4 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

Mainly becouse those players where older and in jos 's case crippled by then. 

Hmmm ... Interesting to see the opinions of fans about this video - I found it quite amusing, the insights in to what happens behind closed doors ..

I think the resentment towards Wallace isn't helped by what is happening with the club. If we were in a better position, everyone would be laughing their socks off.

This is modern football / social media / friendship groups after all and it happens across the land. It was down to the manager to then control those that weren't towing the line but I'm guessing he didn't have a clue about the whatsapp group and what was happening behind his back ...

I dunno. I think, yeah Wallace is being a little bit disrespectful but christ, it certainly is no different to what some of us lot do/be involved with and pot kettle black springs to mind

2 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Hmmm ... Interesting to see the opinions of fans about this video - I found it quite amusing, the insights in to what happens behind closed doors ..

I think the resentment towards Wallace isn't helped by what is happening with the club. If we were in a better position, everyone would be laughing their socks off.

This is modern football / social media / friendship groups after all and it happens across the land. It was down to the manager to then control those that weren't towing the line but I'm guessing he didn't have a clue about the whatsapp group and what was happening behind his back ...

I dunno. I think, yeah Wallace is being a little bit disrespectful but christ, it certainly is no different to what some of us lot do/be involved with and pot kettle black springs to mind

Having had a long time to digest it - I fully agree with you

Owlstalk Shop

All players take the p out of the manager. In fact everyone does in their daily lives.

We shouldn't forget Wallace's performance against United in Jos first game out of position  playing centre midfield with a bunch of kids round him.

He was brilliant that day.

Great player, great character.