Carlos “I am finished... This is the new me”

A reminder this is how we rewarded players like Ross Wallace.

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2018/may/owls-duo-bid-farewell/

Bloke was here 3 years, part of a side that failed to get us promoted twice, and in that clip shows how much he cared about the club, fans and his manager at the time. Less than 2 years on he’s happy to go on a podcast and take the wee wee. A lot of players in that dressing room that day are still in the dressing room now. Tells you all you need to know.

Sheffield Wednesday rewarding failures. 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

A reminder this is how we rewarded players like Ross Wallace.

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2018/may/owls-duo-bid-farewell/

Bloke was here 3 years, part of a side that failed to get us promoted twice, and in that clip shows how much he cared about the club, fans and his manager at the time. Less than 2 years on he’s happy to go on a podcast and take the wee wee. A lot of players in that dressing room that day are still in the dressing room now. Tells you all you need to know.

Sheffield Wednesday rewarding failures. 

Monk has said about the culture of the club 

Just hope we stay up this year and get rid of as many as we can 

Also love in that clip how Ross looks genuinely surprised when Carlos blamed them. 

As if they’re completely free from responsibility. The same happened to Jos and now the same is happening to Monk. I don’t know, Ross players like yourself maybe need to start looking at yourself for your own performances?

Absolute sick to the back teeth of these bunch of wasters. The day all those players who were part of our play off failures go the better. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, torres said:

Monk has said about the culture of the club 

Just hope we stay up this year and get rid of as many as we can 

Monk has been slated and blamed 

“get em managed” people have cried

”it’s the managers job to manage these problems” they said

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

They weren’t before Carlos/Chansiri arrived though?

I believe the aim was to get promoted as quick as possible. So we deliberately appointed a manager who deployed the methods to do that. Read up on Carlos and tactical periodisation it explains a lot. 

The problem is if you don’t achieve your objective which we didn’t. Problems start to arise. And that is exactly what happened to us. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Monk has been slated and blamed 

get em managed” people have cried

”it’s the managers job to manage these problems” they said

That is still the case is it not?

The thing a lot of people don't get or are unwilling to understand is that it takes time 

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

They weren’t before Carlos/Chansiri arrived though?

That's naive - there's always been problem players.

I think the issue we've had the past few years moreso is the volume of players of that type, lack of accountability as well as bad management from the very top. We've got players who've had money thrown at them, building up their egos, and then not dealt with when underperforming (i.e. not being shipped out when necessary, etc). They are too secure in their roles knowing they get their fat pay cheque whatever and don't have to worry about moving to another club for some time, generally.

How OTT are these comments.

Wallace, Hooper and the likes of Loovens who were in that squad were the best thing in the world at the time

They are allowed to have a laugh and personality, I'd say in most workplaces there's some kind of stuff like this about the boss, and it had gone sour by the point, but blaming the players would never have helped. 

I can't figure out if its meant to be CC having a laugh and joke or losing his marbles for reak

The play off failures are a cancer at the club.

They've sucked millions out in wages, and coasted for the majority of the time, bottling it when it really matters.

Carlos is just just Carlos. A joke of a manager, who wasn't worthy of our club.

4 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

How OTT are these comments.

Wallace, Hooper and the likes of Loovens who were in that squad were the best thing in the world at the time

They are allowed to have a laugh and personality, I'd say in most workplaces there's some kind of stuff like this about the boss, and it had gone sour by the point, but blaming the players would never have helped. 

I can't figure out if its meant to be CC having a laugh and joke or losing his marbles for reak

I think it gives a clear idea of the attitude of the 'play off heroes'. 

Look Carlos had his flaws but the bloke was trying to get the players to play for Sheffield Wednesday, but all the lads could do was laugh and take the wee wee. Ross even seemed happy at the fact a man was about to lose his job.

Arseholes. 2 years on and we have the same problems. I will be happy man when they all go. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

The play off failures are a cancer at the club.

They've sucked millions out in wages, and coasted for the majority of the time, bottling it when it really matters.

Carlos is just just Carlos. A joke of a manager, who wasn't worthy of our club.

The decks need clearing, only the very best players keep focused after that and motivation wanes, and that's the clubs mistake for not offloading. 

I'm say the players in those 2 years over achieved jn season 1 then season 2 were planly playing how their manager told them. And it got results. Yes they and he bottled it against Huddersfield. 

Yes they need to go and we need to move on from that recruitment and period but don't see a huge amount wrong tbf. Most footballers these days need smoke blowing up their arse if you wana get a tune out of them. You get into the ones who need it one on one. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I think it gives a clear idea of the attitude of the 'play off heroes'. 

Look Carlos had his flaws but the bloke was trying to get the players to play for Sheffield Wednesday, but all the lads could do was laugh and take the wee wee. Ross even seemed happy at the fact a man was about to lose his job.

Arseholes. 2 years on and we have the same problems. I will be happy man when they all go. 

Not saying the attitude is good, but it's the same at every club bar the exceptionally elite few. 

That's the recruitment we had, experienced pros will come with more of that type of baggage. We need to clear the decks for sure and assess our recruitment moving forward. 

2 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

. Most footballers these days need smoke blowing up their arse if you wana get a tune out of them. You get into the ones who need it one on one. 

we would have needed a LOT of smoke for Hoopers!!!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, fudge27 said:

Not saying the attitude is good, but it's the same at every club bar the exceptionally elite few. 

That's the recruitment we had, experienced pros will come with more of that type of baggage. We need to clear the decks for sure and assess our recruitment moving forward. 

Recruitment was to blame for sure. But the players need to show the right mentality and attitude and those lot clearly didn't have it. Says a lot about them as characters in my opinion.