Doyen and Dan Petrescu

7 hours ago, danx38 said:

Uninteresting fact of the day:

Dan petrescu the SWFC player who very much resembled the x-files character fox mulder is married to a lady called Dana. Dana scully was fox mulders partner and love interest in the tv series. Amazing I know!!!

thank you and good night

Remember it well, 

Moldy and Sulky.

7 hours ago, danx38 said:

Uninteresting fact of the day:

Dan petrescu the SWFC player who very much resembled the x-files character fox mulder is married to a lady called Dana. Dana scully was fox mulders partner and love interest in the tv series. Amazing I know!!!

thank you and good night

it could be a case for Mulder and Scully!! 

10 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Are we celebrating another back to the future anniversary or something on here this week?

I think those of us with memories are simply saying all the signs and warnings were there from the off. 

I like most hoped it would be different for Wednesday. A club in denise for 25 years resurrected from the dead and restored too the top table of English football. 

We've been had, the only remaining questions are who benefited from this debacle and why?

The irony is the blind watchgaurds at the EFL are trying to prosecute those responsible for the wrong crimes and the eventual punishments will be handed out to the victims of the crime. i.e. the fans... Football destroyed at Sheffield Wednesday for another generation. 

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Without a doubt... Chelsea  had our pants down

just about everybody 'had our pants down' in relation to transfer dealings, we were very sloppy, it's hard to imagine any professional out fit as badly run, for as long.

you can bet a number of amateur ones were better run.

45 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

I think those of us with memories are simply saying all the signs and warnings were there from the off. 

I like most hoped it would be different for Wednesday. A club in denise for 25 years resurrected from the dead and restored too the top table of English football. 

We've been had, the only remaining questions are who benefited from this debacle and why?

The irony is the blind watchgaurds at the EFL are trying to prosecute those responsible for the wrong crimes and the eventual punishments will be handed out to the victims of the crime. i.e. the fans... Football destroyed at Sheffield Wednesday for another generation. 

absolutely 100%. the 'dumplings' will tackle the 'victims' as they full well know they're no match for the 'responsible body' in any way.

the dear 'old farts' running our game are having rings run around them.

51 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Lucky Denise WTF:but otherwise true Oz UTO

• Haha 3

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

I take your point but I think it was more the way Dan Petrescu went about getting his move to Chelsea.
Same with Emmerson Thome.

I wish we had a squad FULL of players trying to get to the Premier League 

Players with real ambition, matched with hard work, effort and pure determination to do it

Instead we have an ageing squad happy to sit on fat contracts and just see out their days with us

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I take your point but I think it was more the way Dan Petrescu went about getting his move to Chelsea.
Same with Emmerson Thome.

The end justifies the means they didn't harm anyone.  I'm sure 95% of players would move heaven and earth to play in the Prem.

Whilst they were here they always appeared to give their best.

Wish we had that that quality now?

11 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

The end justifies the means they didn't harm anyone.  I'm sure 95% of players would move heaven and earth to play in the Prem.

Whilst they were here they always appeared to give their best.

Wish we had that that quality now?

Dan Petrescu was already in the Premier League at the time!!!!

12 hours ago, torryowl said:

Not all ....my right back is sterland 

Sterland was quality, but he wasn't an international player

Nilsson was world class

I remember Bobby Robson giving Sterland his international debut

Mel dropped a bolllock during the game

My mate said to me at the time, Robson won't pick him again after that, and he didn't

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I wish we had a squad FULL of players trying to get to the Premier League 

Players with real ambition, matched with hard work, effort and pure determination to do it

Instead we have an ageing squad happy to sit on fat contracts and just see out their days with us

With the knowledge that if they do get us promoted

Most of them will be shipped out

That is why they always bottle the big games

Monk knows the we need young hungry players

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.