Who Are The Players Who Have Given Up?

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

yet every single interview he has done in recent weeks he’s said he takes full and total responsibility

QED... He may well accept responsibilty but he does not have the desire, the capability or the knowledge to fix the problems.

Repeating the same mistakes over and over again in the hope that one week, we'll get lucky, is hardly a remedy to instill confidence in a team.

yet every single interview he has done in recent weeks he’s said he takes full and total responsibility

10 weeks of taking responsibility hasn't had the desired affect. I think at some point you have to look at yourself and ask am I the right person for this job, with all the issues associated with it.

Resignation is an option for all employees.

Just now, Musn't Grumble said:

QED... He may well accept responsibilty but he does not have the desire, the capability or the knowledge to fix the problems.

Repeating the same mistakes over and over again in the hope that one week, we'll get lucky, is hardly a remedy to instill confidence in a team.

Thats literally nothing other than your opinion to be fair

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Animis said:

10 weeks of taking responsibility hasn't had the desired affect. I think at some point you have to look at yourself and ask am I the right person for this job, with all the issues associated with it.

Resignation is an option for all employees.

Monk isnt the real problem 

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

With respect, if we are measuring performances by results, it's a bit more than an opinion.

You can blame a delivery driver for not making it from A to B is a target time period everyday if you wish, especially if you choose to ignore a number of factors that may contribute to his performance and entirely out of his control.

Imo too many are feeling sorry for themselves, instead of rolling their sleeves up and being the one to step up and fight

The last time we had someone who stepped up was probably Reach at the start of a the Jos era when everyone was dropping like flies, he dragged us through that period 

The main feeling sorry for themselves gang are Rhodes, Lees, Lee, Dawson, Bannan, FF and Borner seem to start ok but their heads drop as soon as we go a goal down

Fletcher apart there’s genuinely not a single leader in this current team. Maybe the inevitable points deduction might jolt a bit of life into them, but I very much doubt it

I’ll be very surprised if we aren’t playing league one football next season, and if we are then I hope that DC is run out of town. Completely unacceptable what has happened to this club over the past 3 years

Guest The Horse

This all started when Semedo left.

He ran the dressing room and was Mr. Sheffield Wednesday.

Now he's gone, the kids are blowing paper balls at the walls and turning up to class when they want.

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Monk isnt the real problem 

You say that, but explain the horrendous form and performances of the team since Christmas. DC has been in Thailand for most of this time, and essentially lets Monk do what he wants. 

If the suggestion is Doyen are running day-to-day matters, then ok. But what does this mean - signings, yes. Are we really suggesting the Hutch & Westwood situation are anything more than a fall out between a mediocre manager and highly opiniated senior pros? If so, then what is, because the crash in form appears to be directly related to this issue. 

Of course, Fletcher's injury has played its part - but why hasn't Monk gone to Winnall and Rhodes more to fill this gap? He brought in Wickham who has been totally ineffective.

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

After he’s blamed every other single footer from social media to the tea lady. I’ve never heard him say” I got that wrong today” he says” I’m the manager so I’m responsible” different thing. I’m sick of his excuses and blame. He’s the problem

Guest timrud

Palmer has been clearly not putting a shift in.

It is no coincidence the last time he had any form was when his last contract was due. This season I can't remember him having a game better than 5/10.

Him, Lees, Bannan need to go ASAP

Guest timrud
Just now, Plonk said:

After he’s blamed every other single footer from social media to the tea lady. I’ve never heard him say” I got that wrong today” he says” I’m the manager so I’m responsible” different thing. I’m sick of his excuses and blame. He’s the problem

So you didn't watch his interview on the youtube channel?

4 minutes ago, The Horse said:

This all started when Semedo left.

He ran the dressing room and was Mr. Sheffield Wednesday.

Now he's gone, the kids are blowing paper balls at the walls and turning up to class when they want.

Lost Loovens too. We didn't replace them with similar professionals.

However who would have thought those type of players were keeping the players in line? I would have expected certain players to step up

12 minutes ago, Plonk said:

you clearly haven’t paid attention to his interviews

if you had you should be very very concerned at his last one talking about behind the scenes at the club being rotten to its core

Owlstalk Shop

you clearly haven’t paid attention to his interviews

if you had you should be very very concerned at his last one talking about behind the scenes at the club being rotten to its core

What does that even mean though?

Behind the scenes there is only DC.

There's been players excluded for a month - if they were causing bother before, then how can they possibly be still doing so?!