Who Are The Players Who Have Given Up?

3 minutes ago, cowl said:

What does that even mean though?

Behind the scenes there is only DC.

There's been players excluded for a month - if they were causing bother before, then how can they possibly be still doing so?!

Just because their excluded from the first team doesn't mean we can put them in isolation.

By all accounts, they now train with the U23s.

Plus, players talk.

Isn't this two seasons running where these two have been excluded and results have gone off a cliff. Now yes, they are both good players, but they're not that good. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Just because their excluded from the first team doesn't mean we can put them in isolation.

Plus, players talk.

Isn't this two seasons running where these two have been excluded and results have gone off a cliff. Now yes, they are both good players, but they're not that good. 

Perhaps other players don’t appreciate the team around them being deliberately weakened.

Imagine being Dominic Iorfa and looking in front of you and seeing Joey Pelupessy then turning round and seeing Cameron Dawson

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, agentwalker said:

For me one the the things over the last few games is the quality of set pieces. Especially against city. This should have been the main weapon but every corner has been shocking.

Cant remember the last time we took a decent corner. Back in the 90's i suspect

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

Perhaps other players don’t appreciate the team around them being deliberately weakened.

Imagine being Dominic Iorfa and looking in front of you and seeing Joey Pelupessy then turning round and seeing Cameron Dawson

Yeah, that'll be it. 

That's the reason why our form has dropped off a cliff and we are producing performances that an under 8s team would be embarrassed by. 

Out of all the rubbish...

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

And if this is the actual reason, then our players are even more of a disgrace than I thought they were already. 

Makes me laugh though. 

People bemoan the culture at the club how it is rotten to the core and yet they'll defend certain players because they are their favs. 

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Plus, players talk.

That's my point though - a lot seems to be being pinned on the machinations of just two players. Those two being excluded certainly doesn't explain the drop-off in form.

And if they're training with the U23s and they're causing issues then the club management deserve no sympathy. Make them train by themselves - or even banish them from coming in altogether.

10 minutes ago, Stoop said:

I wonder if Bullen will put them both back in again if Monk goes

Yes he would, in a heartbeat and that's why he should be on his way too. 

Pandering to the players and giving them complete control is at the heart of this mess. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Plus, players talk.

And there we have it ,  nail , on , head 

3 hours ago, toppOwl said:

So why does Bannan come out after games and apologise, he did it again yesterday. The reaction after the late goal v Charlton also didn’t look like the reaction of players who are refusing to play, Fletcher is another who you can’t put into this category and add Murphy, Fox and Iorfa.

its all very confusing.

Footballers might be a bit stupid, on the whole, but they know they’re a damn sight less stupid than half the halfwits who follow them and cheer them on.

Bannan can come out and apologise because he knows full well that it buys him favour, time and excuses amongst a high percentage of our fans, who won’t ask questions or critique him if he says what they want to hear.

Likewise, a bit of a showy celebration after a 95th minute winner can seemingly convince people that fundamental problems with this teams commitment and application since August aren’t actually a problem.

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Yeah, that'll be it. 

That's the reason why our form has dropped off a cliff and we are producing performances that an under 8s team would be embarrassed by. 

Out of all the rubbish...

Dismiss it all you want but player motivation will be affected by poorer players being selected in favour of better ones.

Just a simple part of psychology

Fox and Fletcher have only just come back from injury and wont be match fit, perhaps back too early but we have a lack of options don't think we have a problem with them. Dave for me is Wednesday through and through and gives his all, not always coming off. Lofra, Murphy, Borner, Luongo, Reach for me have not given up. Dawson is totally exposed, with poor defending not helping him- low on confidence would try Wildsmith

Wickham has not proved his worth but as with Rhodes was he brought in to please the supporters. Da Cruz well off the pace and has not adapted to life in the championship. Windass is hot and cold but I think he would like to join the owls.

FF and Bannan play well when they want.

For me Lees, Westwood, Hutchinson, Winnall, Rhodes all experienced pros that could influence the younger ones,  may be the ones we want out now. 

As for Monk, if players are not doing as they are told then what ever tactics are employed they wont work. We need all 11 players fully committed not 6 or 7. For now Monk has few options to change things, its not good bring in the young ones as it could destroy them. Jos actually may have seen the same thing and tried the young ones, this summer we must have a good clear out .Can we survive this season- lets hope so and then lets hope DC can see the errors and get rid of the dross. (I don't think he will sell)I would bring in Palmer or Waddle to advise him or better still John Pearson. Corona Virus may be stopping DC coming over or perhaps he has no idea what to do and doesn't want to experience the wrath of the fans again.

21 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

You can blame a delivery driver for not making it from A to B is a target time period everyday if you wish, especially if you choose to ignore a number of factors that may contribute to his performance and entirely out of his control.

True, but it can get frustrating for the customer expecting that delivery.

If it's a constant stream of excuses to justify poor performances week after week then I think I'm with the customer on this one.

22 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Iorfa wants to look at himself before looking at others anyway. Apart from a decent performance against city He’s been as bad as anyone since Christmas. 

Personally I don't think any of them have actually downed tools. If they had Monk wouldn't pick them. They have come out and praised Monk as a manager and Bannan keeps mentioning the players taking responsibility. It looks as though they are dejected and so low on confidence due to the way the club is run that it's ruined any team spirit and they are struggling to get out of it. That goal against Charlton looked a relief to all of them.

However, for me the problem is we do not have anybody who can either lead with character or lead with ability on the pitch. There's not one player that can drag the team forward. That one player who can be relied upon to come up with something when it's needed. There are certainly no natural leaders and when you don't have one of them you give it to one of your key payers (hence Bannan). Makes sense as to why Monk says training is good but when it comes to matchday there's no one out there on the pitch that can lead. If Monk gets his chance to recruit in the summer I am certain he'll look to bring in a few big characters who can lead on the field.

47 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Iorfa wants to look at himself before looking at others anyway. Apart from a decent performance against city He’s been as bad as anyone since Christmas. 

Monk treating him like he’s a founding member of the Hokey Cokey hasn’t helped

• Haha 1

On 08/03/2020 at 09:51, jonnyowl said:

I'd go,

Westwood

Lees

Pelupessy 

Harris

Reach

Winall 

Rhodes

Wickham

Bates

Hutchinson

Pelupessy certainly not. I wouldn’t think Reach either as he’s just injured, and he doesn’t strike me as the character (from interview)