Who Are The Players Who Have Given Up?

Dawson - a flapper. Gets stitched up by those in front of him. Makes some rash decisions, but as far as I can see is fairly positive

Palmer - body language sometimes suggests his heads not in the right place.

Lees - jeez this guy's head has gone. He couldn't drag himself out of a mire let alone the team. He needs to get some sports psychological help.

Iorfa - performs better or worse depending on who is next to him. He gives his all, but is scuppered by Lees ineptitude next to him.

Borner- pretty steady, can't see anything phasing him. He's not a problem

Fox- turned it around, wants the shirt. Not worried about him.

Murphy- young, inconsistent, can turn it on, but makes too many mistakes. Wouldn't say it's not caring I think it's just more carelessness.

Harris- a conundrum. Started the season well. He's been found out though and his confidence is shot. He doesn't want to take anyone on anymore. Needs a confidence boost but not sure where it would come from.

Bannan- personally I think he thinks he knows better than anyone. When it's working it's fine but if it's going wrong he's not much of a motivator to his team mates and gets on everyone's back instead of ensuring he's doing his own job well. In poor/inconsistent form recently.

Joey- he's a trier.not much if a footballer when up against it. Fine in simple situations . Just lacks the quality when more skill and decision making is required.

Lee- no reason to doubt he's still not the model professional he's always been. He's just off the pace.

FF- Mardy arse. Puts it in when he wants to but his head goes down and the toys fly everywhere when he's not getting his own way. It must be annoying realising you never achieved your full potential. That is partially down to his antics when his contract was in dispute.

Fletch-always gives his all

Reach- hearts in the right place and he covers a lot of ground. Not sure what position he is though. Can't beat a man for pace on the wing. If he got stuck in a bit more he'd make a good wing back.

Nuihu- good character to have around. A positive influence, but limited on the pitch at this level.

Luongo-From what I've seen he has a good work ethic and gets stuck in. Fitness is his downfall though.

Rhodes- thumbs up. No idea

Winnall- he'll not be happy he's excluded, but he's no where near the pace 

Westwood and Hutch - something's happened, it's happened before and it'll happen again if we don't get shot.

Wickham- not our player, not match fit yet 

Windass- not our player, given more in the few games he's played than many on the pitch with him

Da Cruz- not our player, young, inexperienced, not used to the pace of the championship. Can see him losing his poo though.

I'm sure I've missed someone but that's my appraisal.

Based on that there are a fair few who might not be a good influence in the dressing room or on the pitch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
3 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Erm erm erm Fletcher erm erm Iorfa erm erm Palmer erm erm Fox erm erm erm I think that's your lot. :duntmatter:

Agree with that. I might add Murphy to the list, as he has actually upped his game during our sheite run.

5 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Dawson - a flapper. Gets stitched up by those in front of him. Makes some rash decisions, but as far as I can see is fairly positive

Lees - jeez this guy's head has gone. He couldn't drag himself out of a mire let alone the team. He needs to get some sports psychological help.

Iorfa - performs better or worse depending on who is next to him. He gives his all, but is scuppered by Lees ineptitude next to him.

Murphy- young, inconsistent, can turn it on, but makes too many mistakes. Wouldn't say it's not caring I think it's just more carelessness.

Harris- a conundrum. Started the season well. He's been found out though and his confidence is shot. He doesn't want to take anyone on anymore. Needs a confidence boost but not sure where it would come from.

Bannan- personally I think he thinks he knows better than anyone. When it's working it's fine but if it's going wrong he's not much of a motivator to his team mates and gets on everyone's back instead of ensuring he's doing his own job well. In poor/inconsistent form recently.

Joey- he's a trier.not much if a footballer when up against it. Fine in simple situations . Just lacks the quality when more skill and decision making is required.

Lee- no reason to doubt he's still not the model professional he's always been. He's just off the pace.

FF- Mardy arse. Puts it in when he wants to but his head goes down and the toys fly everywhere when he's not getting his own way. It must be annoying realising you never achieved your full potential. That is partially down to his antics when his contract was in dispute.

Reach- hearts in the right place and he covers a lot of ground. Not sure what position he is though. Can't beat a man for pace on the wing. If he got stuck in a bit more he'd make a good wing back.

Nuihu- good character to have around. A positive influence, but limited on the pitch at this level.

Luongo-From what I've seen he has a good work ethic and gets stuck in. Fitness is his downfall though.

Westwood and Hutch - something's happened, it's happened before and it'll happen again if we don't get shot.

Windass- not our player, given more in the few games he's played than many on the pitch with him

Da Cruz- not our player, young, inexperienced, not used to the pace of the championship. Can see him losing his poo though.

Based on that there are a fair few who might not be a good influence in the dressing room or on the pitch.

Thats a pretty good summing up but it points more to players not actually being good enough rather than a refusal to play.

The performances recently in terms of effort, getting blocks in , tracking your runner etc are night and day to the city game. Why? Because it was on tv to a  worldwide audience and these shitesters didn’t want to show themselves up. Nothing to do with playing for the team or fans. 

Just now, toppOwl said:

Thats a pretty good summing up but it points more to players not actually being good enough rather than a refusal to play.

That's a fair point and we're all aware of that.

Leaving out Hutch and Westwood there are a few, FF,Bannan,Lees possibly Palmer who may be a negative influence. Added to a few on the fringe who probably aren't positive or confident, Winnall, Harris, Murphy, Reach.

That's enough to render any dressing room impotent.

It can only take one player to drag everyone else down. I've seen it happen, granted at youth level, it can be toxic.

6 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Exactly. He’s summed up the players pretty well but hardly listed any who are “problem players”. Apart from being not good enough no one is able to identify the ones who Monk believes aren’t trying.

Just now, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

That's a fair point and we're all aware of that.

Leaving out Hutch and Westwood there are a few, FF,Bannan,Lees possibly Palmer who may be a negative influence. Added to a few on the fringe who probably aren't positive or confident, Winnall, Harris, Murphy, Reach.

That's enough to render any dressing room impotent.

It can only take one player to drag everyone else down. I've seen it happen, granted at youth level, it can be toxic.

Indeed..and thanks for your earlier summary..best post on here for a while..

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Also not many players left from the “2 years of failure” group everyone keeps harking back to. Half the team plus majority of the subs are new to us this season. Our problem stems from having no midfield & poo tactics unfortunately.

1 hour ago, 0114 said:

All of them yesterday. Watch the goals it’s disgusting. 

First goal Dawson pulls a shocker but every single player in the box just stands watching, no reactions. 

3rd goal... Windass Fletcher and Da Cruz go to press but just get caught in no mans land. Brentford cut through and literally the entire centre of midfield is vacated. Brentford easily pick holes in the defence. 

last goal. Bannan stands on the edge of the box watching Brentford. Disgraceful. 

3rd goal fox just lets the winger run behind him...shocking 

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Bannan one of the main culprits, the guys an absolute joker but no one wants to see/admit it 

Absolutely this, but just because he got singled out by Guardiola, people think that automatically means he’s quality. He’s a fancy dan with a horrendous attitude 

19 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

The myth that fox is ok is simply laughable. Sympathy vote. Shocking footballer

8 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Also not many players left from the “2 years of failure” group everyone keeps harking back to. Half the team plus majority of the subs are new to us this season. Our problem stems from having no midfield & poo tactics unfortunately.

Yet four of those players are on the list.

It was obvious from the 2016 final we needed a midfield destroyer. 

That was never addressed and here we are four years later.

I don't think any tactics would work for prolonged periods. They showed they can concentrate when it suits them, i.e. when we play Man city and on the TV. But they don't have the work ethic or mental strength or will to carry that through to subsequent games. Some are not trying to excel. They are trying to do just enough to keep them on the payroll.

It's ambivalence.

That is what monk said yesterday and that is what we are seeing week in week out.

Edited by OwlBiSeeinThi

I’ve always seen Hutch and Westwood as 100% professional. The sort who if they were unhappy about a situation, would wish to say so, and make a difference on the pitch, giving it their all, not shying away from the challenge in front of them, you know, leadership types. 

I do hope they haven’t upset Mr C with their opinions and views on incoming player selections.

Edited by theowlsman

Lack of ability/ Needs a fresh start:

Tom Lees

Adam Reach

Moses Obujaro

Joey Pelupessy

Kieran Lee

Not interested/know its over for them at the moment:

Sam Winnall

Jordan Rhodes

Adthe Nuhui

Kieran Westwood

Sam Hutchinson

Playing for a contract elsewhere:

Fernando Foresteri

Not fit:

Steven Fletcher

Connor Wickham

Out of form:

Dawson

Palmer

Bannan

Harris

Bannan 

Doing ok:

Fox

Iorfa

Borner

Windass

Fletcher - when back upto speed. 

Edited by Road Runner

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Name them?

Phoning it in:

Lees 

Bannan 

Palmer 

Those who are just crap:

Dawson 

Joey

Da Cruz 

Windass 

Not so bad, but still not great:

Iorfa 

Fox 

Murphy 

Fletcher 

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

I’ve always seen Hutch and Westwood as 100% professional. The sort who if they were unhappy about a situation, would wish to say so, and make a difference on the pitch, giving it their all, not shying away from the challenge in front of them, you know, leadership types. 

That’s why it hurts so much, if reports are true then it’s a betrayal to the fans who believed they were our leaders.

3 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I do hope they haven’t upset Mr C with their opinions and views on incoming player selections.

Westwood - the 100% professional - who refuses to sit on the bench.

Hutchinson mocking a manager after he was sacked.

Two players binned off by two managers.

People give them leeway because they were/are good players. The two of them know this too imo. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Phoning it in:

Lees 

Bannan 

Palmer 

Those who are just crap:

Dawson 

Joey

Da Cruz 

Windass 

Not so bad, but still not great:

Iorfa 

Fox 

Murphy 

Fletcher 

You genuinely think that Lees and Palmer are simply not trying hard enough? I find it hard to believe