Who Are The Players Who Have Given Up?

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

You genuinely think that Lees and Palmer are simply not trying hard enough? I find it hard to believe

Having seen Palmer’s recent performances I think it’s very fair to say he isn’t trying.

He’s coasting through games (again)

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

Lack of ability/ Needs a fresh start:

Tom Lees

Adam Reach

Moses Obujaro

Joey Pelupessy

Kieran Lee

Not interested/know its over for them at the moment:

Sam Winnall

Jordan Rhodes

Adthe Nuhui

Kieran Westwood

Sam Hutchinson

Playing for a contract elsewhere:

Fernando Foresteri

Not fit:

Steven Fletcher

Connor Wickham

Out of form:

Dawson

Palmer

Bannan

Harris

Bannan 

Doing ok:

Fox

Iorfa

Borner

Windass

Fletcher - when back upto speed. 

Good post. Although I think Wickham is closing in on the not interested category. He had a full pre season. Not been injured I don’t think this season, been on bench a lot played a few cup games for palace and featured in most games for us since his arrival. So why does he still look so unfit? Or is it that he just can’t be bothered and doesn’t want to get injured again?

Just now, McRightSide said:

It was a last second winner.

Try not celebrating.

It was much more than that, the majority of players ran straight to the dug out and celebrated liked they'd won the league, watch it again.

Just now, toppOwl said:

It was much more than that, the majority of players ran straight to the dug out and celebrated liked they'd won the league, watch it again.

I don’t need to.

Squad who never win celebrate last second winner.

Apparently that means everything is hunky dory.

some of our players just aint good enough or have gone back to been poor ie pelepessy palmer lees these 3 at present wouldn't get into any league 2 team ,yes these 3 do try I don't see any lack of effort with them . then we look at other players for instance its not rocket science that a midfield 2 of either bannan and pelepessy or k lee will get totally overrun in midfield once that happens your defence becomes under immense pressure and keeper , regards pressing etc this past few weeks ive noticed the forward players doing very little , wickham is just bone idol what is he bringing to pitch? cruz is just not good enough ,windass left wigan to come here for one reason he aint good enough for wigan , forestieri another sometimes cant be arsed . then there are other players in/out form , fletcher has done nowt since he has come back . just saying players have downed tools isn't totally correct but clearly there are players out there who should never play for us again. 

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I don’t need to.

Squad who never win celebrate last second winner.

Apparently that means everything is hunky dory.

No, if they didn't care (as is the suggestion) there'd have been a muted celebration and the final whistle.

3 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Good post. Although I think Wickham is closing in on the not interested category. He had a full pre season. Not been injured I don’t think this season, been on bench a lot played a few cup games for palace and featured in most games for us since his arrival. So why does he still look so unfit? Or is it that he just can’t be bothered and doesn’t want to get injured again?

Yes I thought that but gave him benefit of doubt, I think he is just here to get match fit for the summer and next season. He looks massively off the pace. 

Hodgson said he wouldn't get game time there. 

5 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

I think everyone is noticing that ,he came in for a few angry outbursts at Brentford . he needs sending back. 

5 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

You genuinely think that Lees and Palmer are simply not trying hard enough? I find it hard to believe

A few years back I saw Tom Lees put in one of the most miserable CB performances I've ever seen. Towards the end of CCs time here.

It was a game against Ipswich and I think we drew 2-2 with a last minute equaliser.

Lees was so bad, I could swear he had given up and didnt want to be there. 

I'm seeing similar now.

Westwood was on the bench twice over the Christmas period before being removed from it.

Forest and Bristol City games.

Around the same time a number of players were told they no longer had futures at S6 beyond the end of this season for various reasons. 

Thought I’d help you out with facts rather than conjecture.

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

A few years back I saw Tom Lees put in one of the most miserable CB performances I've ever seen. Towards the end of CCs time here.

It was a game against Ipswich and I think we drew 2-2 with a last minute equaliser.

Lees was so bad, I could swear he had given up and didnt want to be there. 

I'm seeing similar now.

Saw that game on Sky the other day and thought the same about Lees. I couldn’t remember him playing as bad as that under CC. Maybe it’s true that Loovens and possibly Hector last season made him look better than he his.

18 minutes ago, Castleford Owl said:

Absolutely this, but just because he got singled out by Guardiola, people think that automatically means he’s quality. He’s a fancy dan with a horrendous attitude 

He's quality without a doubt but I think he's got bored, been here a few years now and quality of team around him is getting worst year on year. 

3 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Around the same time a number of players were told they no longer had futures at S6 beyond the end of this season for various reasons. 

But what possible reason could the club have had to do that?!

To motivate their agents to get them a move in January? No-one even moved! And if the rumours about DC cancelling exits at the last moment, then he'd obviously not read the script.

7 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Westwood was on the bench twice over the Christmas period before being removed from it.

How do you know thats fact and why didn't some move on in January?

Try performing well at work when the boss has gone awol, the manager is clueless, different people keep being put in different jobs, others disappear totally from the work place, you've been told that you are on borrowed time and the pay doesnt always arrive on time.

Edited by kobayashi

8 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

So he sucked it up and sat on the bench for two games.

Why did Jo's bin him off too?

Facts please; not conjecture. 

"The art of good management is getting people to do what you want to do because THEY want to do it"

For whatever reason, by accident or design, the players don't (or can't) want to do it.

The manager does not appear to undestand the difference between "fault" and "responsibility" in that the problem might not be his fault but it is HIS responsibility.

The buck stops firmly at the manager's door. He either fixes it or he walks.

1 minute ago, Musn't Grumble said:

"The art of good management is getting people to do what you want to do because THEY want to do it"

For whatever reason, by accident or design, the players don't (or can't) want to do it.

The manager does not appear to undestand the difference between "fault" and "responsibility" in that the problem might not be his fault but it is HIS responsibility.

The buck stops firmly at the manager's door. He either fixes it or he walks.

yet every single interview he has done in recent weeks he’s said he takes full and total responsibility

Owlstalk Shop