The fans tonight.

Just for a bit of balance, I’m a season ticket holder I went last night, I’ve renewed and I went with 5 other season ticket holders, 

we are aged between late 30s and mid 40s, we don’t drink real ale, our tickets are on the north 

not sure if @MrFarrell is trying to be clever, funny, on a wind up or just being an argumentative pr1k, but not sure attacking season ticket holders is the way to go 

4 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

Just for a bit of balance, I’m a season ticket holder I went last night, I’ve renewed and I went with 5 other season ticket holders, 

we are aged between late 30s and mid 40s, we don’t drink real ale, our tickets are on the north 

not sure if @MrFarrell is trying to be clever, funny, on a wind up or just being an argumentative pr1k, but not sure attacking season ticket holders is the way to go 

Its a wind up...Farrels got a 10 yr season ticket....

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Its a wind up...Farrels got a 10 yr season ticket....

If that’s the case I apologise to @MrFarrell 

Nice to see, theres nothing like Hillsborough when the fans wake up and make some noise. 

However, we/our fans cant be taken for granted, I wouldn't go as far as fickle, but do need to be given something to get behind. I remember my dad once texting me while at a match asking if we'd scored as he was driving past and heard the crowd, had to tell him "no,  just a corner"

• Haha 1

Guest LittleG
1 hour ago, PARKOWL said:

He likes to wind people up. I'm a season ticket holder on North and the seats around me were all occupied by the usual holders

13 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Think this is the point... would guess most of the attendees were POTG people. Probably only half the season ticket holders turned up. Season ticket holders are there only through habit and an element of not wanting to pay sky high prices to pick and choose. Would be surprised if more than 70% of them renew for next season tbh. And the POTGers are happy to come to watch Man City but don't want to pay £40 to watch Reading or Barnsley which is understandable. They need to drastically lower ticket prices to boost attendances and the atmosphere... it's simple

Must admit not many of the usual ST holders around me. Just don't get why they would miss a decent cup tie.

1 hour ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

It was POTG for all in every stand, season ticketholders don't get to use em for cup matches. 

that’s not what I meant, but guess you knew that :biggrin:

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

2 hours ago, PARKOWL said:

T F you don't drink real ale. One of the biggest rip offs there is.😉

14 hours ago, maldino2004 said:

Thought that they made plenty of noise tonight, especially the the North, rallied behind the team after the goal went in. 

I was in the Grandstand tonight and noticed quite a few more kids than usual, great to see them there and hopefully most of them will be helping to form our core group of support in the future. 

I was on the grandstand with my two. Absolutely loved it.

We were all getting into it.

Celebrating three passes strung together, went mental when we won a corner. The kids had fun, which is what it's about.

It was the loudest I'd heard Hillsborough since Christmas.

5 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

No coincidence that since POTG fans were driven out, the atmosphere has been diabolical.

Season ticket holders are just lazy, and aren't prepared to contribute to the atmosphere.

Yes... well... thanks Mr F! Let's have a campaign to bring back the POTG people and all go to a game together! Season ticket holders and POTGs together!

It's our future.

I used to be POTG many years ago when I was a vulnerable young man, but my father gave me some advice....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

No coincidence that since POTG fans were driven out, the atmosphere has been diabolical.

Season ticket holders are just lazy, and aren't prepared to contribute to the atmosphere.

Think that is a very tough comment. I was there last night as a person who had a first season ticket in 1961 and our family have bought debentures (North Stand) and shares over the years to support the club (all shares given to Mr. Mandaric). I might not be as loud and demonstrative in my 70s as I was as a young lad! Everyone who went last night was a POTG customer as everyone had to pay. I think the price could have been less but the challenge we have is if we are going to ever keep out of the Finance and Sustainability rules, the club has to have a decent income from somewhere to offset the crazy salaries for players. Season ticket holders' money is, I think, counted as income in the year of payment with any further years purchased recorded as liabilities which helps the accounts now even though it gives problems for the future. On the occasions where the POTG prices have been dropped, the increase in attendance is not actually great. 

• Like 1

Guest samowl
5 hours ago, David1867 said:

The support cant be faulted last night but there was enough shown on the pitch to warrant it. 

The only fault I have is with the group of supporters on the south stand singing along with their song about hating Man United. Embarrassing. 

Bit disappointing to hear them. Especially as the older Man Utd fans have respect for our club. We were their first opponents after Munich. 

2 hours ago, Aingarth said:

Think that is a very tough comment. I was there last night as a person who had a first season ticket in 1961 and our family have bought debentures (North Stand) and shares over the years to support the club (all shares given to Mr. Mandaric). I might not be as loud and demonstrative in my 70s as I was as a young lad! Everyone who went last night was a POTG customer as everyone had to pay. I think the price could have been less but the challenge we have is if we are going to ever keep out of the Finance and Sustainability rules, the club has to have a decent income from somewhere to offset the crazy salaries for players. Season ticket holders' money is, I think, counted as income in the year of payment with any further years purchased recorded as liabilities which helps the accounts now even though it gives problems for the future. On the occasions where the POTG prices have been dropped, the increase in attendance is not actually great. 

Don't mean to be harsh but you 70 year olds need to step up on match days.

Lets see you stood on your seats leading a few chants. Throw the scotch blanket and travel sweets away, and lead a North stand conga.

You know it makes sense.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Lets see you stood on your seats leading a few chants. Throw the scotch blanket and travel sweets away, and lead a North stand conga.

You know it makes sense.

I might just do that as a final Hurray as the EFL relegates us and we succumb to Coronavirus!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

You know it makes sense.

On the basis that literally every comment you make is negative, I'm guessing that you ain't exactly leading the singing section yourself.

11 minutes ago, Nero said:

On the basis that literally every comment you make is negative, I'm guessing that you ain't exactly leading the singing section yourself.

Every game.

It's negative ninnys like you, moaning and being negative about people on Owlstalk being negative that also need to step up.

Typical season ticket holder. Always blames someone else.

2 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Every game.

It's negative ninnys like you, moaning and being negative about people on Owlstalk being negative that also need to step up.

Typical season ticket holder. Always blames someone else.

I reckon you are a lovely lad in real life.

You just need to get these urges out somewhere.

Good for you.

• Thanks 1