The fans tonight.

Thought that they made plenty of noise tonight, especially the the North, rallied behind the team after the goal went in. 

I was in the Grandstand tonight and noticed quite a few more kids than usual, great to see them there and hopefully most of them will be helping to form our core group of support in the future. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Yep. Much better atmosphere tonight. Really missed it. Can't remember last time it was like that. Even cheered all players' names when they were read out. Can't remember last time we did that either. Cheered every throw in, free kick, corner, etc. Will no doubt be back to a morgue next Saturday. Shame. 

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, Nero said:

It was only people who wanted to be there tonight. Half our st holders have understandably lost the faith.

Think this is the point... would guess most of the attendees were POTG people. Probably only half the season ticket holders turned up. Season ticket holders are there only through habit and an element of not wanting to pay sky high prices to pick and choose. Would be surprised if more than 70% of them renew for next season tbh. And the POTGers are happy to come to watch Man City but don't want to pay £40 to watch Reading or Barnsley which is understandable. They need to drastically lower ticket prices to boost attendances and the atmosphere... it's simple

15 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Think this is the point... would guess most of the attendees were POTG people. Probably only half the season ticket holders turned up. Season ticket holders are there only through habit and an element of not wanting to pay sky high prices to pick and choose. Would be surprised if more than 70% of them renew for next season tbh. And the POTGers are happy to come to watch Man City but don't want to pay £40 to watch Reading or Barnsley which is understandable. They need to drastically lower ticket prices to boost attendances and the atmosphere... it's simple

bit harsh, I thought reading were well organized and capitalized on our lack of intent

oh, sorry 

ps I agree completely with the post ... I’m just turning to attempted humor and bootleg alcohol to get through this season (bit like the players)

• Haha 1

I’m up in Northumberland for a few days so watched it in a pub. I wasn’t looking forward to it but would have gone if I’d been at home.

I don’t understand people who missed this, you’ll never get the chance to see Aguera, David Silva & others play at Hillsborough again. Baffling

53 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I’m up in Northumberland for a few days so watched it in a pub. I wasn’t looking forward to it but would have gone if I’d been at home.

I don’t understand people who missed this, you’ll never get the chance to see Aguera, David Silva & others play at Hillsborough again. Baffling

Agreed. Place in the QF of the FA Cup at stake, Man City known for playing a strong line up in the cups, chance to see players of ridiculous quality, and of course - no matter how slim - always the chance of an upset and being there to witness it.

What was the price of tickets last night, anyone remember?

The support cant be faulted last night but there was enough shown on the pitch to warrant it. 

The only fault I have is with the group of supporters on the south stand singing along with their song about hating Man United. Embarrassing. 

15 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

No coincidence that since POTG fans were driven out, the atmosphere has been diabolical.

Season ticket holders are just lazy, and aren't prepared to contribute to the atmosphere.

Haha

Or they’re just sick of the team put out in front of them and for us it’s more of a chore than a day out of entertainment 

How you can contribute to an atmosphere at 3-0 down in 30 minutes I don’t know

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

No coincidence that since POTG fans were driven out, the atmosphere has been diabolical.

Season ticket holders are just lazy, and aren't prepared to contribute to the atmosphere.

This will be fun

WTF:

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I agree to a certain extent, I have seen my fair share of worldies but I can't recall seeing Aguero or Silva 'live' .

I know these days all kids have second 'big' club - having never seen us be ' big' and at the top of the game - so it will have been a rare opportunity, and in the case of David Silva the last - opportunity to see world class players.