The fans tonight.

Guest LondonOwl313
18 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

No coincidence that since POTG fans were driven out, the atmosphere has been diabolical.

Season ticket holders are just lazy, and aren't prepared to contribute to the atmosphere.

We must have one of the oldest average attendances in the country.. when you look around nearly everyone has grey hair. Younger people are more energetic and vocal.. and they don’t have the money to waste on it when prices are at least 50% too high for what it’s worth.

On top of that, they haven’t ever seen us be any good as if you’re under 30 we’ve been rubbish the whole time. So no positive memories to hold on to.. no wonder they don’t go. The club will be finished in 20 years at this rate

3 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Haha

Or they’re just sick of the team put out in front of them and for us it’s more of a chore than a day out of entertainment 

How you can contribute to an atmosphere at 3-0 down in 30 minutes I don’t know

That's an excuse to sit on your hands sulking.

Pretty sure one of the reasons we are so bad at home this season is lack of support from the season ticket holders.

We need POTG back to get behind the team.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

We must have one of the oldest average attendances in the country.. when you look around nearly everyone has grey hair. Younger people are more energetic and vocal.. and they don’t have the money to waste on it when prices are at least 50% too high for what it’s worth.

On top of that, they haven’t ever seen us be any good as if you’re under 30 we’ve been rubbish the whole time. So no positive memories to hold on to.. no wonder they don’t go. The club will be finished in 20 years at this rate

Our season ticket holders are either too old, obsessed with real ale and the 70's or geeky vegan 30 somethings.

No wonder they keep quiet.

• Haha 3

FFS if we can't generate an atmosphere in the 5th round of the greatest cup competition in the world against one of the best teams in the world, then we are well and truly screwed. Great atmosphere from the 15000 who turned up and to keep City to one goal was an exceptional result. Iorfa, one player we must keep.

19 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Thought they were a few thousand more there last night than the official 20,000 attendance.

Think this is because of the "official" league attendances quoted. There was no way there was 5000 more for the Derby game which was about 6/7000 overstated. Makes it difficult to know how many are actually in the ground. In a few seasons when we are back in the Prem and the ground is packed to the rafters we'll look back at these days and wonder why, same as I did in the 90's when looking back at the 70's crowds.

6 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

FFS if we can't generate an atmosphere in the 5th round of the greatest cup competition in the world against one of the best teams in the world, then we are well and truly screwed. Great atmosphere from the 15000 who turned up and to keep City to one goal was an exceptional result. Iorfa, one player we must keep.

Iorfa showed Stones and Otamendi - and England and Argentinian International defensive pairing - how you really defend. 

Tackle, Block, Clear  with any available part of your body. Cover for your team mates. Give the ball to someone further up the field that's wearing the same shirt as you. Try and get on the end of some set pieces if the gaffer has said you can go up for them.

Somehow the game has forgotten a few basic defensive skills, now it's ' collect ball from keeper, play short passes or dribble with the ball until you lose it and put your team back under pressure ' .  

Atmosphere on north was better than it normally is, whoever stayed away clearly don’t have much of an impact on the atmosphere 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Atmosphere on north was better than it normally is, whoever stayed away clearly don’t have much of an impact on the atmosphere 

Season ticket holders.

Case proven.

If we want to improve the atmosphere, reduce the Truefans.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, maldino2004 said:

Thought that they made plenty of noise tonight, especially the the North, rallied behind the team after the goal went in. 

I was in the Grandstand tonight and noticed quite a few more kids than usual, great to see them there and hopefully most of them will be helping to form our core group of support in the future. 

Fans where really good last night...the "big game" occasion always helps but to be fair the players, they showed a bit of fight and spirit and to be honest that all most fans ask for. Its when they roll over and have their bellies tickled, the fans lose interest!! 

Sadly i suspect there was a lot more kids their to was they will have jumped at a chance to watch City rather us. Kids in school playgrounds have Aguero & Sterling etc... plastered all over their shirts these days.

33 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Thought they were a few thousand more there last night than the official 20,000 attendance.

I don't know. North and South we're pretty full and they brought a lot but Kop seemed a bit sparse. This is usually the case when it's one price wherever you sit.

The atmosphere wasn't bad and the North did their best but they didn't get the backing they would have from a full Kop and so the south didn't get too involved.

Guest LittleG
32 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Bet you're a barrel of fun at parties!

Guest LittleG
21 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Farrell trying to be controversial again, he’ll never get over Geoff Sheard

He's like a broken record; to be honest I nearly did bite!

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

Good atmosphere last night. I :biggrin:didn't want to go really cos I feared a major beating but no way was I missing it. I class myself as a supporter. I support the team financially and vocally. I can't do that from my front room while moaning about the BBC coverage. 

I thought the BBC coverage was quite good,  loved the drone shots of the ground. :tongue:

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

I’m up in Northumberland for a few days so watched it in a pub. I wasn’t looking forward to it but would have gone if I’d been at home.

I don’t understand people who missed this, you’ll never get the chance to see Aguera, David Silva & others play at Hillsborough again. Baffling

I never watch the opposing players. I went last night and again, just watched what our players were up to. I thought everyone did that?!

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

No coincidence that since POTG fans were driven out, the atmosphere has been diabolical.

Season ticket holders are just lazy, and aren't prepared to contribute to the atmosphere.

Not sure how many POTG were there last night.  I suspect that with prices being the same all round last night that many of the STs from the Kop used the opportunity to sit in the South and North, as a few of my mates did.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

Our season ticket holders are either too old, obsessed with real ale and the 70's or geeky vegan 30 somethings.

No wonder they keep quiet.

I know 4 season ticket holders and they all fit into those categories, and 2 of em always have bad breath!!!

3 hours ago, BIG D said:

I’m up in Northumberland for a few days so watched it in a pub. I wasn’t looking forward to it but would have gone if I’d been at home.

I don’t understand people who missed this, you’ll never get the chance to see Aguera, David Silva & others play at Hillsborough again. Baffling

I'm afraid recent home performances have pushed some to the limit, making going to Hillsborough a real chore, whoever the opposition happens to be.