"Chansiri has just been badly advised"

Guest Ferkorf
9 hours ago, Rodger Wylde said:

How long does it take someone to realise they are being badly advised?

A huge points deduction and relegation to league one, starting the league one season on minus 9 should probably do it.

But I worry with Chansiri I'm unsure it would ring any alarms at all

Just now, Ferkorf said:

A huge points deduction and relegation to league one, starting the league one season on minus 9 should probably do it.

But I worry with Chansiri I'm unsure it would ring any alarms at all

……..add to this that we might well be below a Rotherham team that in total cost less than JVA.

Edited by Beauchief Owl

34 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

If we do get relegated (and its still a very big if) I think we would find it very hard to get out that league.
We and Sheffield United found it very hard before and would be an air of apathy round the club.

It's hard to say. Blackburn were in a similar mess to us. Pissed off fanbase, clueless owners, and they ended up getting automatic promotion. 

It's true though that it can go either way. Everyone expected Ipswich to romp it and their wheels have come off big time. 

• Like 1

When running any business you surround yourself with the best staff you can from top to bottom

especially in areas where you might not be as strong in 

if chansiri can not identify financial or performance wise what’s going wrong he needs to recruit those who can 

if he can’t listen to them or see this it’s his fault the book will always stop at him and it’s not like he’s been at this 6 months now 

he’s not experienced enough or strong enough to be the pig headed control freek that he is hire a chief executive or a director of football or even both and alongside them you set the vision the budget and the time frame then trust them to execute you put targets in place with reviews to ensure they are on track to achieve and you support them the best way you can

as far as I can see we start every season with the words we want promotion and no clue or plan in how to achieve it

Bruce was the only one I believed in chansiri a reign ( and Carlos first season ) had a chance of delivering it because he was adding structure and identifying holes in the squad ( pace) that needed to be addressed he had a vision and a plan 

chansiri has a wallet and dream 

Despite his total ineptitude on all matters surrounding the club - on field and off field 

He is still the only chairman in my 30 odd years that has shown any ambition for the club - which makes things even more sickening 

Richards - just wanted just to be liked by the FA - never pushed us on when we had a REAL chance

Allen  - ego trip 

Stafford  - lots of wacky ideas but nothing to back it up

Manderic  - very wise on running a football club but wanted to sell from minute one. 

DC - wants us to become bigger, put the money in to back his wish - just totally clueless on all fronts 

Now i can't stand DC for how he has gone about things but does that sum up what we have had to put up with as a club for far far too long 

9 minutes ago, fpowl said:

When running any business you surround yourself with the best staff you can from top to bottom

especially in areas where you might not be as strong in 

if chansiri can not identify financial or performance wise what’s going wrong he needs to recruit those who can 

if he can’t listen to them or see this it’s his fault the book will always stop at him and it’s not like he’s been at this 6 months now 

he’s not experienced enough or strong enough to be the pig headed control freek that he is hire a chief executive or a director of football or even both and alongside them you set the vision the budget and the time frame then trust them to execute you put targets in place with reviews to ensure they are on track to achieve and you support them the best way you can

as far as I can see we start every season with the words we want promotion and no clue or plan in how to achieve it

Bruce was the only one I believed in chansiri a reign ( and Carlos first season ) had a chance of delivering it because he was adding structure and identifying holes in the squad ( pace) that needed to be addressed he had a vision and a plan 

chansiri has a wallet and dream 

We have zero plan. What are his commercial ambitions for the club? What is his vision for our infrastructure? We've had no real word on this since the last fans forum over a year ago. The club right now is totally drifting on all fronts. 

2 minutes ago, torres said:

Despite his total ineptitude on all matters surrounding the club - on field and off field 

He is still the only chairman in my 30 odd years that has shown any ambition for the club - which makes things even more sickening 

Richards - just wanted just to be liked by the FA - never pushed us on when we had a REAL chance

Allen  - ego trip 

Stafford  - lots of wacky ideas but nothing to back it up

Manderic  - very wise on running a football club but wanted to sell from minute one. 

DC - wants us to become bigger, put the money in to back his wish - just totally clueless on all fronts 

Now i can't stand DC for how he has gone about things but does that sum up what we have had to put up with as a club for far far too long 

If we had gone for broke, lost but then come out and said we are going to sell the big earners, recruit young talent and gradually rebuild again then I think everyone would have respected that. We have had nothing. A bloated squad, past it players still putting in below par performances and a series of uninspiring managers. It's clear as day that he doesn't have a scooby what to do next. 

2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

We have zero plan. What are his commercial ambitions for the club? What is his vision for our infrastructure? We've had no real word on this since the last fans forum over a year ago. The club right now is totally drifting on all fronts. 

Comnercially we are a joke. One of the first things DC did was to double the prices of the corporate boxes, and now they sit empty every game. It's shocking business practice. 

4 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

If we had gone for broke, lost but then come out and said we are going to sell the big earners, recruit young talent and gradually rebuild again then I think everyone would have respected that. We have had nothing. A bloated squad, past it players still putting in below par performances and a series of uninspiring managers. It's clear as day that he doesn't have a scooby what to do next. 

My point was really we've been going nowhere for far too long and the only time we get someone with something behind them,he has the all the business and football acumen of a sprout 

It couldn't be more Wednesday if it tried 

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

The first and probably his biggest mistake was  sacking Stuart Gray..

And then there would have been no Carlos and back to back play off finishes. No other manager in our history has achieved what Carlos did. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Comnercially we are a joke. One of the first things DC did was to double the prices of the corporate boxes, and now they sit empty every game. It's shocking business practice. 

When he did that there was many on here congratulating him for it. 

2 minutes ago, David1867 said:

And then there would have been no Carlos and back to back play off finishes. No other manager in our history has achieved what Carlos did. 

Jesus Christ almighty

What are you going to say next - we should all love Chansiri because he got us to Wembley?

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Jesus Christ almighty

What are you going to say next - we should all love Chansiri because he got us to Wembley?

Wednesday fans are total masochists I swear.

Two failed play off attempts nearly 3 years ago that have potentially landed the club in league 1, but some continue to bow and scrape. It's no wonder we are such an attraction for clueless owners.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, David1867 said:

When he did that there was many on here congratulating him for it. 

One of the worst traits of football fans in this country is that we so blindly defend our clubs when we know what they are doing is wrong. Some of the abuse metered out to box holders (and fellow Wednesdayites) was shameful.