"Chansiri has just been badly advised"

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

This place would have been in total meltdown had we signed any of those players bar one.

There wasn't a meltdown when we signed Morgan Fox, George Boyd, Kadeem Harris, Luongo etc. And who cares anyway. Let the fans decide and we end up shelling out millions on Jordan Rhodes, if you believe that tripe.

A management team with a strong idea of how they want to play recruits players who fit that mould. 

14 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

There wasn't a meltdown when we signed Morgan Fox, George Boyd, Kadeem Harris, Luongo etc. And who cares anyway. Let the fans decide and we end up shelling out millions on Jordan Rhodes, if you believe that tripe.

A management team with a strong idea of how they want to play recruits players who fit that mould. 

Exactly my point, thanks.

19 hours ago, mogbad said:

Anybody any idea if our commercial income has increased under DC.  I understand why DC charges the fans so much, I don't with agree it, but it would be even more difficult to accept if our already poor commercial income hadn't improved under DC.

IMO I don't think it has .. doesn't look like it has anyway and its a massive example of where DC puts all his focus. Naive approach to the on the field stuff with a couple of bizarre season ticket incentives thrown in ...

18 hours ago, toppOwl said:

We did sign McGoldrick once, he was useless for us.

4 games 1 goal. Hardly enough time to judge a player is it ..

On 01/03/2020 at 11:39, KivoOwl said:

I see this claim so often when people are defending the chairman. An excuse to let him off the hook - it's not his fault, he just needed advice from people who knew about football and business, and he's been led up the garden path by those he trusted.

Let's have a look at the key personnel he's had at his disposal since joining in 2015.

Stuart Gray

Experience as a player (Nottm Forest, Barnsley, Aston Villa) and coach (Southampton, Aston Villa, Burnley). Appointed to the 'Sporting Director Committee' in April 2015 while still Head Coach of the first team. Sacked from both roles six weeks later.

Glenn Roeder

Experience as a player (Leyton Orient, Crystal Palace, Newcastle United, Watford) and manager (West Ham, Newcastle, Norwich City). Appointed to the 'Sporting Director Committee' in April 2015. Left the club in December 2015.

Adam Pearson

Experience as a football executive (commercial director at Leeds United, owner an chairman at Hull City and chairman at Derby County. Appointed to the 'Sporting Director Committee' in April 2015. Left the club one month later.

Paul Senior

Experience as a football executive (West Ham, Crystal Palace, Charlton, Tottenham). Appointed to the 'Sporting Director Committee' in April 2015. Left the club in November 2015.

Jonathan Hill

Experience in youth coaching (Wigan Athletic, Manchester United, Fulham) Appointed to the 'Sporting Director Committee' in May 2015. Left the club in November 2015.

Joe Palmer

Experience as a football executive (director at Shakhtar Donetsk). Appointes as COO in July 2016. Left the club in January 2018.

Katrien Meire

Experience as a football executive (Standard Liege, Charlton Athletic). Appointed as CEO in January 2018. Left the club twelve months later.

The only three people still advising the chairman from key postitions are Amadeu Paixao (agent advising on player recruitment), John Redgate (finance director - currently charged by the EFL for financial misconduct) and Tipparut Chansiri (his wife).

he may still be 'badly advised'.

thus the 'loss' of the above due to that advice.

44 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

IMO I don't think it has .. doesn't look like it has anyway and its a massive example of where DC puts all his focus. Naive approach to the on the field stuff with a couple of bizarre season ticket incentives thrown in ...

4 games 1 goal. Hardly enough time to judge a player is it ..

You have to ask why he only got four starts, he was a journeyman before he went to United.

3 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

You have to ask why he only got four starts, he was a journeyman before he went to United.

Because he signed on a 1 month emergency loan ....

He was at ipswich for 5 years before going United, his 5th permanent club. He's had a few loan deals mind but don't think that signals journeyman ..

Years Team Apps (Gls)
2004 Notts County 4 (0)
2004–2009 Southampton 64 (12)
2005 Notts County (loan) 6 (0)
2007 AFC Bournemouth (loan) 12 (6)
2007–2008 Port Vale (loan) 17 (2)
2009–2013 Nottingham Forest 63 (8)
2011 Sheffield Wednesday (loan) 4 (1)
2012–2013 Coventry City (loan) 22 (16)
2013 Ipswich Town (loan) 13 (4)
2013–2018 Ipswich Town 133 (36)
2018– Sheffield United 65 (15)
National team
2014– Republic of Ireland 12 (1)
Edited by Hack-Abusi

On 01/03/2020 at 13:37, Rev Owl said:

DC's famous loyalty and sense of 'family' may be at play here?

Clearly after spending untold millions we are not currently much further forward.

There can't be sound financial or strategic reasons for carrying on with the same setup, so it must be a personal, ethical or emotional stand on the part of DC.

I've no doubt about his good intentions or his generosity but I do wonder about his judgement.

we've gone backwards, not 'forward'.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

he may still be 'badly advised'.

thus the 'loss' of the above due to that advice.

So how much longer do we give him to work out that his adviser is clueless? When we're in league one?

Chansiri has been here 5 years. If he can't see that things are going boobies up then its a hugely damning indictment of his judgement and competence. 

20 hours ago, owls maniac said:

So how much longer do we give him to work out that his adviser is clueless? When we're in league one?

Chansiri has been here 5 years. If he can't see that things are going boobies up then its a hugely damning indictment of his judgement and competence. 

how do we 'give him' anything?

how much 'longer'?, I imagine he'll make that decision, not you or i.

he was without doubt (in my opinion) poorly advised from the start, that said the first and second seasons 'nearly' went to plan with the 'fan base fully on board', and giving nigh on total support, with in the vast majority only seeing the wembley defeat as any sort of negative.

poor signings at the end of each season cost us, whilst failing to cover our on field inadequacies, with players who were no longer on 'the rise' and some 'past it' joining the 'aged players rest home'.

long, well rewarding contracts, few releases, and way less sales (as just about everyone on our books apart from ff and bannan weren't worth anything ANYMORE).

of course he can see things aren't going well, or to plan, he's in, or on damage limitation no doubt.

I laugh at when I see fans saying they wanted a statue of Milan outside Leppings Lane, yes he came in to save us but he made his money out of us, and lets be honest it looks like he didnt give a sht who bought us, that mamadov fella was a real bullet dodged but the second bullet looks like it hit with his Doyen connections.

Piaxio is controlling the signings and he is stuck to the club like glue especially to Chansiri, sometime you get the impression that DC is some sort of figurehead for Doyan.

BTW the deal to buy that land that Presto Tools used to be that Milan had cited as being a sporting facility, did SWFCs money buy that land? If so what happened to it? 

This club isn't going anywhere under this lot, this is only the tip of the Iceberg.