"Chansiri has just been badly advised"

Bad advice or not, he's been here 5 years and the club is a shambles. At what point does he decide to recruit experienced football people who actually know what they are doing. He's an absolute disaster. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My concern is that Paixao has too much influence and that it may be part of the deal (as I seem to recall reading that he is part of the financial set up too). If that's the case, it's possible that Chansiri does not have a straightforward way out. Whether he wants one or not is a different matter.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

I see this claim so often when people are defending the chairman. An excuse to let him off the hook - it's not his fault, he just needed advice from people who knew about football and business, and he's been led up the garden path by those he trusted.

Let's have a look at the key personnel he's had at his disposal since joining in 2015.

Stuart Gray

Experience as a player (Nottm Forest, Barnsley, Aston Villa) and coach (Southampton, Aston Villa, Burnley). Appointed to the 'Sporting Director Committee' in April 2015 while still Head Coach of the first team. Sacked from both roles six weeks later.

Glenn Roeder

Experience as a player (Leyton Orient, Crystal Palace, Newcastle United, Watford) and manager (West Ham, Newcastle, Norwich City). Appointed to the 'Sporting Director Committee' in April 2015. Left the club in December 2015.

Adam Pearson

Experience as a football executive (commercial director at Leeds United, owner an chairman at Hull City and chairman at Derby County. Appointed to the 'Sporting Director Committee' in April 2015. Left the club one month later.

Paul Senior

Experience as a football executive (West Ham, Crystal Palace, Charlton, Tottenham). Appointed to the 'Sporting Director Committee' in April 2015. Left the club in November 2015.

Jonathan Hill

Experience in youth coaching (Wigan Athletic, Manchester United, Fulham) Appointed to the 'Sporting Director Committee' in May 2015. Left the club in November 2015.

Joe Palmer

Experience as a football executive (director at Shakhtar Donetsk). Appointes as COO in July 2016. Left the club in January 2018.

Katrien Meire

Experience as a football executive (Standard Liege, Charlton Athletic). Appointed as CEO in January 2018. Left the club twelve months later.

The only three people still advising the chairman from key postitions are Amadeu Paixao (agent advising on player recruitment), John Redgate (finance director - currently charged by the EFL for financial misconduct) and Tipparut Chansiri (his wife).

Balance that with Doyen and Paxo . He HAS been badly advised.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

The first and probably his biggest mistake was  sacking Stuart Gray..

Disagree to an extent, if Gray was kept on it should have been as assistant to someone like Jokanovic.  But hiring Carvalhal turned out to be the mistake. 
And letting other people choose who gets signed not the manager 

4 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

My concern is that Paixao has too much influence and that it may be part of the deal (as I seem to recall reading that he is part of the financial set up too). If that's the case, it's possible that Chansiri does not have a straightforward way out. Whether he wants one or not is a different matter.

Are you saying Paxo was stitched into the deal between MM and DC?

5 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

It looks from the outside looking in as though he has a very big role at the club. He’s supposedly an agent yet he seems to be at every one of our games?

• Like 1

I know we dont know exactly how much pull each person has behind the scenes, but everything seemed to going in the right direction when Roeder was here., looked like a shrewd appointment of a proper football man, the signings were good and sensible for the most part. 

Naive to say it was all down to him but things looked better than they ever had, was disappointing when he left so soon. 

2 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

It looks from the outside looking in as though he has a very big role at the club. He’s supposedly an agent yet he seems to be at every one of our games?

TBH - looking at it rationally, if Paxo does have an interest whether financially or contractually, I would expect him to be at the games. I'd go one step more and say I would expect him and Monk to talk frequently.

Whether Paxo is competent is another question.

13 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Probably bought a ten year season ticket & getting his moneys worth.

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, TINGLE75 said:

Me thinks that Paixao guy has a lot of control. Our recruitment over the last 4 years has been very poor. I'm afraid the chairman can have no complaints of our failings on and off t

I speculate in this latest debacle,  Paixao is Wickhams agent, and getting Wickham fit is to the benefit of the Paixao Group and not the benefit of SWFC club on its own. 

It makes you wonder if Paixao has more of a control over Chansiri, than the other way round.  

Obviously agents can't own clubs, but agents could lend money to an unsuspecting publicity seeking owner, who wanted to be involved in the Premier League glamour fest.

Not that I'm suggesting this could have happened here, at SWFC...

• Thanks 1

What was the need for advisors? Why not just hire one experienced CEO with a history of running clubs well. Surely that’s an advisor in itself? Why he needed people to advise him on what to do rather than hire people who know how to do it I’ve got absolutely no idea. 

• Like 1