"Chansiri has just been badly advised"

There is a naivety amongst our supporters re. the modern game.

Football is a comparatively unregulated money rinse compared to the now more tightly controlled examples of art and jewels/antiques etc.

If you take Roman at Chelsea for example, what on paper is millions of losses becomes simply a commission for the millions remaining which are no longer “black” but clean.

If you have lots of money and you want to build a big mansion, the first thing you do is find an architect who has a track record of building mansions that don't fall down and are nice to live in.

If you have ridiculous amounts of money then you poach the architect from another job.

That's because if the architect is rubbish you waste all of your subsequent investment.

In this analogy DC hired in a building firm and spaffed his cash on a load of journeyman brickies, plumbers etc.

No architect and no project management in sight.

5 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

And that's the sad thing.

Why does DC do a lot of things ?  

No logic to someone with no experience dispensing with all help other from those with vested interests.

Maybe a year or 2 of getting bent over and seeing cash sploshing up the wall. But 5 years ?

Only he knows what he's thinking.

Yes - DC does appear to act in an unconventional way. I do wonder what conversations he has with the family - a multi-billion pound company, who must have tight and carefully thought through strategies, procedures and quality staff to deliver these.

He must just nip out for a fag when he sees his Dad coming over for a chat at the family get togethers. 'Seen our Deljphon?'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

If you have lots of money and you want to build a big mansion, the first thing you do is find an architect who has a track record of building mansions that don't fall down and are nice to live in.

If you have ridiculous amounts of money then you poach the architect from another job.

That's because if the architect is rubbish you waste all of your subsequent investment.

In this analogy DC hired in a building firm and spaffed his cash on a load of journeyman brickies, plumbers etc.

No architect and no project management in sight.

He was given the architects, the plans and the construction company by our previous owner based on their success at Leicester City Mansion.

5 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

There is a naivety amongst our supporters re. the modern game.

Football is a comparatively unregulated money rinse compared to the now more tightly controlled examples of art and jewels/antiques etc.

If you take Roman at Chelsea for example, what on paper is millions of losses becomes simply a commission for the millions remaining which are no longer “black” but clean.

I can see that for Russian, middle east or maybe Chinese money, but Thai?

I'll be honest, I don't know, and maybe the perceived 'personal' loses to DC aren't actually his loses after all?

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

To be honest if I were a football consultant that sorts finding and buying/loaning players for a club, and made thousands and thousands doing it regardless of whether it brought success I would be knocking on Chansiri’s door 

Don’t all agents/consultants in football make there £££ off player sales regardless of success ? 

got a horrible feeling that all this bad advise and been so stubborn will send this club to league 2 within 3 years. any points deduction this season above 10 points we are down, financial meltdown follows ,players leave in summer along with a fire sale. new signings would be freebies who nobody wants so just keeping in league 1 might be an effort. some supports think a few players will leave in summer and the garden will be rosy again , well a massive amount came off wage bill last summer and didn't exactly make much difference on the pitch apart from we look like the worst team ive ever seen play at Hillsborough since I started going in early 1980s. 

2 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

got a horrible feeling that all this bad advise and been so stubborn will send this club to league 2 within 3 years. any points deduction this season above 10 points we are down, financial meltdown follows ,players leave in summer along with a fire sale. new signings would be freebies who nobody wants so just keeping in league 1 might be an effort. some supports think a few players will leave in summer and the garden will be rosy again , well a massive amount came off wage bill last summer and didn't exactly make much difference on the pitch apart from we look like the worst team ive ever seen play at Hillsborough since I started going in early 1980s. 

Bet your a reyt laugh on a neyt out 

1 minute ago, Animis said:

I can see that for Russian, middle east or maybe Chinese money, but Thai?

I'll be honest, I don't know, and maybe the perceived 'personal' loses to DC aren't actually his loses after all?

Look at Leicester.  As is usually the case we “missed the boat.”

Look at our smelly neighbours. funded by academy sales and not by the owner who covered up a truly secret embargo and has to borrow 3m quid from the Bin Ladens to avoid a winding up order and then they got truly lucky with Wilder who faced off interference from the Prince’s man from Belgium who was involved with the Saudi national team and is involved heavily in the Prince’s other club (Beerschot) in Belgium.

Game’s gone mad, we joined the game and are currently losing but it’s all very fine margins.

12 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

He was given the architects, the plans and the construction company by our previous owner based on their success at Leicester City Mansion.

I agree but none of that has been utilised and has now disappeared.

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

To be honest if I were a football consultant that sorts finding and buying/loaning players for a club, and made thousands and thousands doing it regardless of whether it brought success I would be knocking on Chansiri’s door 

EXACTLY!!! And a good few other doors as well.

1 minute ago, Rev Owl said:

I agree but none of that has been utilised and has now disappeared.

Nope.

We failed to get past signing off on the plan.

Now we’re just trying to make the best of a bad job.  We are the equivalent of Barkers Pool.

It’s a Sheffield thing.