"Chansiri has just been badly advised"

29 minutes ago, David1867 said:

And then there would have been no Carlos and back to back play off finishes. No other manager in our history has achieved what Carlos did. 

Not exactly sure that's such a big achievement, still ended in abject failure (and his tenure hamstrung the club for years following in view of recruitment, player conditioning and culture)

I bet Big Ron would be a bit aggrieved having won a cup and actual promotion to the top league. I'd also put Sturrock above Carlos if judging on play offs only, he actually won his one.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

I see this claim so often when people are defending the chairman. An excuse to let him off the hook - it's not his fault, he just needed advice from people who knew about football and business, and he's been led up the garden path by those he trusted.

Let's have a look at the key personnel he's had at his disposal since joining in 2015.

Stuart Gray

Experience as a player (Nottm Forest, Barnsley, Aston Villa) and coach (Southampton, Aston Villa, Burnley). Appointed to the 'Sporting Director Committee' in April 2015 while still Head Coach of the first team. Sacked from both roles six weeks later.

Glenn Roeder

Experience as a player (Leyton Orient, Crystal Palace, Newcastle United, Watford) and manager (West Ham, Newcastle, Norwich City). Appointed to the 'Sporting Director Committee' in April 2015. Left the club in December 2015.

Adam Pearson

Experience as a football executive (commercial director at Leeds United, owner an chairman at Hull City and chairman at Derby County. Appointed to the 'Sporting Director Committee' in April 2015. Left the club one month later.

Paul Senior

Experience as a football executive (West Ham, Crystal Palace, Charlton, Tottenham). Appointed to the 'Sporting Director Committee' in April 2015. Left the club in November 2015.

Jonathan Hill

Experience in youth coaching (Wigan Athletic, Manchester United, Fulham) Appointed to the 'Sporting Director Committee' in May 2015. Left the club in November 2015.

Joe Palmer

Experience as a football executive (director at Shakhtar Donetsk). Appointes as COO in July 2016. Left the club in January 2018.

Katrien Meire

Experience as a football executive (Standard Liege, Charlton Athletic). Appointed as CEO in January 2018. Left the club twelve months later.

The only three people still advising the chairman from key postitions are Amadeu Paixao (agent advising on player recruitment), John Redgate (finance director - currently charged by the EFL for financial misconduct) and Tipparut Chansiri (his wife).

I am no longer ‘ITK’, but believe me when I was, it was clear that Paixao/Doyen pulled the strings when it came to recruitment, which is obviously the most crucial aspect here.

Our recruitment was brilliant in Summer 2015 with which Paixao wasn’t involved. After that, not so brilliant.

Although I stopped been ‘ITK’ in December 2017, given that Paixao is still always with DC at games, I assume his influence is still huge. 

I did try to say to people who were just calling for CC’s head that our problems are a lot bigger and people should direct their frustrations at DC and recruitment, but most people think you’re making up your connection, until you leak them the teamsheet the day before a game ;-)

Edited by Carbone

4 minutes ago, striker said:

Not exactly sure that's such a big achievement, still ended in abject failure (and his tenure hamstrung the club for years following in view of recruitment, player conditioning and culture)

I bet Big Ron would be a bit aggrieved having won a cup and actual promotion to the top league. I'd also put Sturrock above Carlos if judging on play offs only, he actually won his one.

I still remember Sturrock in the pre-match interview when asked how do you think you'll do

"I've never actually won one"

Great....add to the nerves lol

• Haha 1

Just now, Carbone said:

I am no longer ‘ITK’, but believe me when I was, it was clear that Paixao/Doyen pulled the strings when it came to recruitment, which is obviously the most crucial aspect here.

Our recruitment was brilliant in Summer 2015 with which Paixao wasn’t involved. After that, not so brilliant.

Although I stopped been ‘ITK’ in December 2017, given that Paixao is still always with DC at games, I assume his influence is still huge. 

AP worked for Doyen though and DC then employed him, he must have seen something in his Doyen work to head hunt him, who did the recruitment in summer 2015?

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

AP worked for Doyen though and DC then employed him, he must have seen something in his Doyen work to head hunt him, who did the recruitment in summer 2015?

Mostly Glenn Roeder I believe. Paixao has pulled the strings since Roeder left in December 2015

2 minutes ago, Carbone said:

Mostly Glenn Roeder I believe. Paixao has pulled the strings since Roeder left in December 2015

DC went on record as saying Roeder didn’t make a single signing. Don’t forget we signed the likes of Lachman and Sougou in this period.

Just now, toppOwl said:

DC went on record as saying Roeder didn’t make a single signing. Don’t forget we signed the likes of Lachman and Sougou in this period.

DC has said many things at fan forums that people on here and Twitter have proven to be dishonest. 

4 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

He also went on record as saying we are up for sale and that anyone who thought utd had better players didnt know anything about football

• Haha 2

Whether he has been badly advised or not doesn't really excuse him. 

At the end of the day, he is the chairman/owner and should be more than capable of surrounding himself with people who are able to give him good advice. 

You would think given our current situation that he might be questioning why he is paying all these people (advisers, manager, players) all this money to produce such dismal results. But this is Chansiri, so who honestly knows. 

1 hour ago, sheriwozgod said:

He also went on record as saying we are up for sale and that anyone who thought utd had better players didnt know anything about football

I'm sick to death of going through this, he never said we were up for sale. We probably did have better players than United on paper, they've just landed on an exceptional manager.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

Thanks for that, I am going to have to explain this all for the hundredth time:

I was actually there on the night, DC gave an impassioned and lengthy speech on what he had done for the club, he then said "if the fans are not happy (this was referring back to what he had just said) then I will sell the club". Within seconds Andy Giddings (pig sympathiser) posted what he had said omitting the (very important in the context) "if the fans are not happy" this was then picked up by other lazy journalists as its much more of a pleasing headline than what he did actually say.

Take you Guardian article and use it for something that Andrex normally sell.

Does that mean we are up for sale..........as the fans are most definitely not happy.

And whilst they have appointed an exceptional manager , at the time of DC making his statement Dean Henderson, George Baldock, John Egan, Jack O,Connell, John Fleck, Ollie Norwood, Mark Duffy, David McGoldrick, Enda Stevens etc would have WALKED into our side.

12 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Thanks for that, I am going to have to explain this all for the hundredth time:

I was actually there on the night, DC gave an impassioned and lengthy speech on what he had done for the club, he then said "if the fans are not happy (this was referring back to what he had just said) then I will sell the club". Within seconds Andy Giddings (pig sympathiser) posted what he had said omitting the (very important in the context) "if the fans are not happy" this was then picked up by other lazy journalists as its much more of a pleasing headline than what he did actually say.

Take you Guardian article and use it for something that Andrex normally sell.

I was there too and can confirm the above is 10% accurate 

Owlstalk Shop

30 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

Does that mean we are up for sale..........as the fans are most definitely not happy.

And whilst they have appointed an exceptional manager , at the time of DC making his statement Dean Henderson, George Baldock, John Egan, Jack O,Connell, John Fleck, Ollie Norwood, Mark Duffy, David McGoldrick, Enda Stevens etc would have WALKED into our side.

This place would have been in total meltdown had we signed any of those players bar one.