"Chansiri has just been badly advised"

17 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

True that.  That big lass in the back of the motor home the other night was tough as nails!

When you say big..?

When she passed her handbag from one hand to the other did she have to throw it? 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

It seems anyone with a decent ounce of football knowledge didn't last too long in the process. Suggests to me that if you had a strong opinion then it didn't fit with the DC mould and you weren't there long. To me that's not bad advice that's just stubborn and ignorant.

Don’t think it’s anything to do with strong opinions.

Doyen/Paxo were setting up/ running the show for DC and will have said you don’t need these other people we can do that.

More dosh and control for them.

I spent my working life dealing with consultants trying to do the same. It’s a common approach which if you let continue always ends in tears.

5 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Don’t think it’s anything to do with strong opinions.

Doyen/Paxo were setting up/ running the show for DC and will have said you don’t need these other people we can do that.

More dosh and control for them.

I spent my working life dealing with consultants trying to do the same. It’s a common approach which if you let continue always ends in tears.

I didn't realise that Doyen/Paxo were in place at the start when Roeder and Gray were here. Surely the past 3 years suggest that the Doyen/Paxo approach hasn't worked? He got rid of the other lot in a heartbeat so no reason to do the same with them. That's the stubborn and ignorance in the guy!!

3 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

To be fair, given the situation we were in by then, that deal made perfect sens

Point is, who decided to sell him. Knowing who is agent is, seems to me we would have been better off getting rid if several others first, even if we had to give em away.

24 minutes ago, A12owl said:

There are CEO's in various industries who get millions of ££ in bonuses when the companies are losing money. Banking is one example. Didn't a certain owner of BHS pay himself millions while his employees lost their jobs and pensions? 

True - but at least they are direct employees. The only consultants I can think of who make tons of cash at points of business failure are administrators and lawyers... oh, and HS2 consultants...

Improving the ground and training ground \ academy don’t count towards FFP but sponsorship of them does help towards it.

We have done little in those areas in 5 years. Why is everything tied up in players for an owner who we are told wants to spend money but cannot?

Looking back at it, it was a mistake getting rid of Roeder, Pearson and Senior.

We did some good business summer 2015, Bannan, Wallace, Hunt, Pudil, Foriesteri, Joao, Hooper, Lopez was decent as was Sasso.

Since then recruitment has gone down hill badly!

3 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

What if a proportion of the money DC has wasted was Doyens, and not his ?

I think it was/is.

Doyen do loan money for players, in return they get a percentage of future transfer fees. Or if not sold the loan is called in plus interest. Usually within 3 years.

Now, if at the onset doyen put say a £30m? transfer kitty in place..

Doyen cannot lose, the loan is still payable even if transfers are unsuccessful.

41 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Point is, who decided to sell him. Knowing who is agent is, seems to me we would have been better off getting rid if several others first, even if we had to give em away.

A number of factors have to come together for a transfer to be completed. You can't just give a player away for nothing without his consent due to the potential contractual obligations, unless you are paying the outstanding amount in full, which we are hardly in a position to do. And given the financial hole we were in at that time (and still are), which of our players would have given us that kind of monetary return? Also, what has Joao done since he left to indicate it was a bad move for us?

34 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

A number of factors have to come together for a transfer to be completed. You can't just give a player away for nothing without his consent due to the potential contractual obligations, unless you are paying the outstanding amount in full, which we are hardly in a position to do. And given the financial hole we were in at that time (and still are), which of our players would have given us that kind of monetary return? Also, what has Joao done since he left to indicate it was a bad move for us?

I am not saying it was right or wrong. I said who decided to sell him.

I'm of the opinion we got very little roi, given who his agents were before he came and when he left.

32 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Also, what has Joao done since he left to indicate it was a bad move for us?

He’d be our second top scorer and may be even better as he might not have got injured. Slow start but scored 4 in his last 7 games. 

But we needed to raise money and who else could we sell for hard cash?

8 minutes ago, TINGLE75 said:

Theres absolutely no communication from the club regarding the current issues. It's no wonder there's so much negative chat on the forum. Everyone is speculating because of the lack of communication

Not this again.

A football club simply cannot be that kind of open house and it's plain daft to suggest otherwise. What possible good would be served by confirming publicly something like (if it happened) a punch up between the manager and a player or this guy has been sent to the reserves because he can't be arsed?

And as for that preventing speculation... REALLY !? :huh:

I don't get the MM/AP link, didn't AP at first work for Doyen and was then directly employed by DC?

Does anyone know who actually identifies players for recruitment, its seem to be a mystery wrapped up in an enigma...........in a bag.