FAO the Dawson Supporters

It is not as simple as who is the better or best keeper.

My opinion and the key is not just the skill of  the goalkeeper but the whole defence. Louvens was a good captain but no longer was good enough as a CH. Tom Lees Is now past his best but has never been a clear leader on the pitch or an organiser of the defence.

It didn’t matter that much when Westwood was in goal as he shouted and organised the defence. We now have no-one organising and leading the defence as neither Lees or Dawson do this. With Hutch on the pitch, he did shout and organise the midfield. So at present there is no clear leader or captain or organiser of the defence on the pitch.

I think this is the root cause of our demise. Bannan tries to do it,  it affects how he plays and results in everyone deferring to him and it doesn’t work. 

We desperately need a Mike Lyons or Nigel Pearson on the pitch. In the short term, it probably needs the two who have been dropped back In the team to provide some leadership until a strong captain is recruited. But Mr Monk Is unlikely to do this. 

Edited by Aingarth
Errors

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

So you are saying his form hasn't dipped and he is performing just as well as he did pre-Christmas?

He is a contributing factor to our poor form.

For me he wasn't at fault for the  goals today.  And his performances have been no better or no worse than Westwood.  I have no problem with Westwood being in goal I just dont think he would make a difference or a significant one.  I'm a big Westwood fan.  

The problem is elsewhere as I have previously stated.

There’s definitely two camps on here...

a Dawson in the first XI camp and a Dawson out of the first XI camp

whats interesting is the second group acknowledge both poor performances and decent ones (you see it in the ratings threads over the weeks) but the first camp outright refuse to acknowledge any accountability on the part of Dawson for all the goals we’re shipping...unless it’s a cataclysmic error

strange

21 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I stand by that statement and have read plenty of your opinions in MOM threads, which highlights your poor judgement of your footballing  'expertise'

i’m very comfortable with my knowledge, and have been proven right many times on here with unpopular opinions...the most recent being Harris...which I called out him being super predictable months and months ago...now everyone is catching up...

so please do think what you want about my expertise. 

5 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

For me he wasn't at fault for the  goals today.  And his performances have been no better or no worse than Westwood.  I have no problem with Westwood being in goal I just dont think he would make a difference or a significant one.  I'm a big Westwood fan.  

The problem is elsewhere as I have previously stated.

Whether he was directly at fault today is open for debate but you haven't answered whether he form in the last 13 games has dropped compared with pre-Christmas. Dawson has had more poor games in this spell than Westwood has had this season and Westwood lost his place.

It has been acknowledged that we have defensive problems elsewhere and defenders have been dropped as a result of their poor form. Dawson is in poor form. 40% of shots on target go in, I doubt the sides we have faced recently have this sort of success rate overall this season - they wouldn't be in the lowly league positions they are if this was the case. He consistently fails to kick well and that in turn brings more pressure against us.  

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

i’m very comfortable with my knowledge, and have been proven right many times on here with unpopular opinions...the most recent being Harris...which I called out him being super predictable months and months ago...now everyone is catching up...

so please do think what you want about my expertise. 

I will be watching

4 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

whats interesting is the second group acknowledge both poor performances and decent ones (you see it in the ratings threads over the weeks) but the first camp outright refuse to acknowledge any accountability on the part of Dawson for all the goals we’re shipping...unless it’s a cataclysmic error

strange

What self-aggrandising, fraudulent, straw man, divisive, 'I'm better than you', playing to the gallery, lip trembling bollocks.

12 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

strange

The second camp are just as blinkered in their anti Dawson rhetoric as the first are in their support

you yourself have corrected people tonight blaming him for conceding the first....we had some idiot the other day blaming him for conceding a penalty

Trying to make out those sharing your view point are more reasonable than those that don’t is just wrong.....all football fans are binary (with the exception of @DJMortimer- it’s the nature of the beast

Edited by Ian

1 minute ago, Ian said:

The second camp are just as blinkered in their anti Dawson rhetoric as the first are in their

you yourself have corrected people tonight blaming him for conceding the first....we had some idiot the other day blaming him for conceding a penalty

Trying to make out those sharing your view point are more reasonable than those that don’t is just wrong.....all football fans are binary (with the exception of @djmortimer) - it’s the nature of the beast

i think that was just one person who admitted they hadn’t seen a reply though. 

not sure anyone would truly blame him for the first if they watch it back...

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

Look. I've won.

Go on, tell me I've won.

This proves I've won.

Everyone knows I've won.

I've won so hard.

# STICKS TONGUE OUT #

I can’t work out if you’re writing that on my behalf or not

Edited by McRightSide

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Whether he was directly at fault today is open for debate but you haven't answered whether he form in the last 13 games has dropped compared with pre-Christmas. Dawson has had more poor games in this spell than Westwood has had this season and Westwood lost his place.

It has been acknowledged that we have defensive problems elsewhere and defenders have been dropped as a result of their poor form. Dawson is in poor form. 40% of shots on target go in, I doubt the sides we have faced recently have this sort of success rate overall this season - they wouldn't be in the lowly league positions they are if this was the case. He consistently fails to kick well and that in turn brings more pressure against us.  

If Westwood had played in the games instead of Dawson then going from the errors he made earlier in the season its plausible to assume he would have made errors at the same rate as before and we would be in more or less the same position.  I don't think Dawsons form has dropped significantly.

Westwood and Dawson are not the urgent problem.  

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

If Westwood had played in the games instead of Dawson then going from the errors he made earlier in the season its plausible to assume he would have made errors at the same rate as before and we would be in more or less the same position.  I don't think Dawsons form has dropped significantly.

Westwood and Dawson are not the urgent problem.  

172 goals in 179 games

v

86 goals in 66 games

Not very smart to assume that Westwood would continue to concede at the same rate as Dawson.

I mean, that’s just silly.

Some of our supporters really need to take their rose tinted glasses off when it comes to Westwood. Look at previous seasons when we were in poor form and the amount of goals he used to concede, the mistakes he made and the kicks he used to shank all over the place. And people really think he's the answer to our problems right now?

Not to mention the fact that he's the only keeper in our history to concede 4 goals at home to you know who. 

But yeah he shouts and lot and organises the defense better and yak yak yak.

Just now, SUPER OWLS O.K. said:

Some of our supporters really need to take their rose tinted glasses off when it comes to Westwood. Look at previous seasons when we were in poor form and the amount of goals he used to concede, the mistakes he made and the kicks he used to shank all over the place. And people really think he's the answer to our problems right now?

Not to mention the fact that he's the only keeper in our history to concede 4 goals at home to you know who. 

But yeah he shouts and lot and organises the defense better and yak yak yak.

We have a new attendee for Dawson camp 1.

Please sign in at the front desk.