FAO the Dawson Supporters

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Not really if a decent player didn't score that then he shouldn't be playing football.

I'm not a Dawson fan per say but it he wasn't at fault today.

He got to it, got plenty of glove on it and it still went in.

Was hardly a howitzer of a strike.

Should have done better I’m afraid.

20 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Ok mediocrity lover.

Feel free to watch any football show and see keepers comfortably tipping those around the post.

By the same token watch motd or quest any week to see  a dozen or more goalkeeping howlers.....3 in the Liverpool West Ham game last week for example

4 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

How long before you realise a keeper that concedes 2 goals a game most of the the time me just isn’t good enough?

Most goalkeepers have decent center halfs in front of them. 

All 3 Iorfa Lees Borner have had some dreadful performances this season, especially since Christmas. 

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

What are you even on about?

I thought it was pretty straightforward that the rate at which a team concedes comes down to a lot more factors than who happens to be in the goal, such as the quality of rest of your team relative to the opponents for example. 

Perhaps you should stick to shots per goal painting by numbers?

• Haha 1

We need a new keeper in the summer to replace butter wrists and mardy arse. Not sure where we can get quality in goal for the 50p we have to spend but it’s obvious that none of the so called keepers we have are up to it. Dawson doesn’t inspire confidence in the players in front of him and as soon as he gets a run in the team the goals start to fly in against us. Before anyone spits the dummy out Westwood isn’t the answer either. I just hope we can cling on to Championship status if we get a points deduction or we are royally screwed.

being a good keeper isn't just about shot stopping.

it's also involves organising the defence in front of you, it's clear the defence in front of him have no confidence in Dawson.

notable as well that the opposition are picking up on this, every time a pass went back to dawson 1 or 2 derby players ran at him knowing he was likely to fizz up

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dot said:

being a good keeper isn't just about shot stopping.

it's also involves organising the defence in front of you, it's clear the defence in front of him have no confidence in Dawson.

notable as well that the opposition are picking up on this, every time a pass went back to dawson 1 or 2 derby players ran at him knowing he was likely to fizz up

But yet he didn’t so where does that leave your theory 

5 hours ago, Asio otus said:

NO Keeper could have done anything when defenders are assisting the other team. The score would be the same whoever was in the net .

Although I don't think Dawson is good enough this is bang on. He's got no chance with what's in front of him at the moment.