Murphy Sitter

1 hour ago, steelowl said:

I was thinking this myself  TBH the only person off the top of my head I'd put my house on would be di Canio who would have gone round that keeper twice before scoring 

I hoped Murphy would take it closer but had lack of confidence in him scoring  -there went the game 

Which is why he's on loan here and not in NUFC's team....

Murphy should have buried that chance.  Would have finished them off.  Having said that Wickham could have put that chance in the second half away also.

I think in future, I would like to see Murphy round their keeper when given a similar chance like that again in the future.  He certainly has the pace to do it, and would almost guarantee plenty of goals scored. 

I liked to see how we broke their back line with one killer pass.  Was definitely direct attacking football.  Would like to see more of that. 

Although he scored it seems that Murphy lost us points today. Scored awful own goal and missed one on one with the keeper. Btw why is he taking all our corners, we never had problems with those and Bannan delivered them much better ?!

5 hours ago, steelowl said:

I was thinking this myself  TBH the only person off the top of my head I'd put my house on would be di Canio who would have gone round that keeper twice before scoring 

I hoped Murphy would take it closer but had lack of confidence in him scoring  -there went the game 

So would Drew Talbot :happy:

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

no excuse for him missing but as an ex striker I feel he had too much time to think about what he would do with it ,strikers score their best goals when instinct takes over , 

He had pace on his side and 100% should have gone past the keeper for a tap in , I was a striker too and would back myself to put that chance away , bad bad miss . 

21 hours ago, Ronio said:

Murphy should have buried that chance.  Would have finished them off.  Having said that Wickham could have put that chance in the second half away also.

I think in future, I would like to see Murphy round their keeper when given a similar chance like that again in the future.  He certainly has the pace to do it, and would almost guarantee plenty of goals scored. 

I liked to see how we broke their back line with one killer pass.  Was definitely direct attacking football.  Would like to see more of that. 

We're going to have to do that against Man City, who are guaranteed 80% possession.  Quick breaks with our quickest players up front.  Maybe Mr Murphy will have learned to chip the 'keeper by then, or at least run round him

On 22/02/2020 at 18:09, steelowl said:

Drew Talbot at Cardiff