Murphy Sitter

On 22/02/2020 at 18:05, TodwickOwl said:

I can’t remember last time I’ve seen a player go through on goal from halfway one on one - for Wednesday or any of the other leagues 

Absolutely criminal he missed that, cannot believe it. 

this one springs to mind 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

I called him some reyt bad names.  I was through with him in the middle of the lounge and dinked and scored it.....

My cries of Noooooooooooooooooooo!!! made my Spanish neighbours think that a close family member had died.

I’d have scored it too, then got booked for pulling my shorts down and putting them on my head to celebrate. 

Try doing that at Graves Park on a Sunday morning whilst being chased by your team mates.

It should’ve caught on but never did.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I called him some reyt bad names.  I was through with him in the middle of the lounge and dinked and scored it.....

My cries of Noooooooooooooooooooo!!! made my Spanish neighbours think that a close family member had died.

Aye, if it wasn't for Mark Bright in the 1993 FA Cup Final, I would have done the same. But I still haven't got to end of my "Noooooooooooo" after Bright's effort yet. :duntmatter:

Edited by ChinaOwl
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Miffed said:

this one springs to mind 

I recall Di Piedi scoring a similar goal at Birmingham around that era, also a last minute winner, Joao also scored one at Brentford a couple of years ago.

I think Murphy had so much time it didn't help him, should have gone round keeper or just hit it instead of trying to place it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I recall Di Piedi scoring a similar goal at Birmingham around that era, also a last minute winner, Joao also scored one at Brentford a couple of years ago.

I think Murphy had so much time it didn't help him, should have gone round keeper or just hit it instead of trying to place it. 

As I mentioned before, 19 years old (or was he 20 then) Drew Talbot in Play Off's final was calm enough to take ball around keeper and score. Sorry, but I expect more from player of Murphy's calibre and who got signed for 10+m by Premiership club.

14 hours ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

He did brilliantly to get in that position, it should go down to a very, very good stop from Lee Camp.

Most of you couldn't run that distance in a week, never mind with a ball and a keeper to beat.

Hahahahah

He's a professional footballer fella - he trains literally day in day out, that's why he can run that distance. 

It's not a very good stop, the keeper just falls to the floor. At that pace you can slide straight past him or lob it over him. 

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 16:41, dewsburyowl58 said:

He had pace on his side and 100% should have gone past the keeper for a tap in , I was a striker too and would back myself to put that chance away , bad bad miss . 

not if he was caught in  2 minds and chose the wrong option , which happens more than you think  ,

Guest Bulgaria
2 hours ago, trevdi9 said:

not if he was caught in  2 minds and chose the wrong option , which happens more than you think  ,

Happened to me.

My wrong option is lying next to me eating yogurt in bed!!!