Murphy Sitter

I was thinking this myself  TBH the only person off the top of my head I'd put my house on would be di Canio who would have gone round that keeper twice before scoring 

I hoped Murphy would take it closer but had lack of confidence in him scoring  -there went the game 

Bad miss for sure, but he had waaaay too long to think about it - based on all the years I've watched footy, honestly feel like I'd probably back the 'keeper seven times out of ten when a player's run it that far in a 1-on-1. Freak chance and not an entirely unpredictable outcome IMO, regardless of whether it's Wednesday or anyone else.

Should've absolutely leathered it like he did for our third goal - at least make it so you're getting a corner, knocking Camp on his 'arris, chancing a lucky rebound, or if all else fails taking some Brummer's specs off ffs.

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Murphy is a modern day footballer. Strong, quick and direct. 20 years ago he would have been directed down the athletics route but the game has changed and he ticks lots of boxes. Antonio is the same. 

See Kyle Walker also.

14 minutes ago, markg said:

Seen lots of players miss like that when they have so much time to think about it. Big character test. 

Absolutely. He scored a peach and you would have backed him to bury the breakaway chance. Decent keeping but he should have gone round him.

As you say he had too long to think about it. Overall he looked good today, strong running and well up for it. You can see why he went for a lot of money early in his career, just like some of his other performances show why he was sent on loan by his parent club.

That's football. We've had worse days.

• Like 2