Arbitration

Guest Grandad

7 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

They say grass roots football benefits from any fines...

I'd like to see evidence of this major upcoming investment in grass roots football... 

Middlesbrough have probably got some new training academy they want SWFC to pay for. 

Edited by Ozymandias Owl
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Looks like Nick didn't write the rules on football law then

:duntmatter:

So Mr C could have bought Hillsborough for £20m, and there would have been no case to answer, instead he bought it for £60m and he'll have too pay a £40m fine...

:bullen:

And another thing, if the EFL have £40m of QPR and they will get another £40m of us, and maybe even Derby, what are they going to spend this money on? Hamlet Cigars and Moet Chandon for EFL board meeting for the next 1000 years ?

lol

What do the EFL actually do apart from maintaining the fixtures list and organising second rate referees to attend said fixtures, and litigating against the members of their club?

If the past is anything to go by... Prostitutes, gifts for their mistresses, bribes and cocaine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bez said:

Who let you free?

let me see your grovelling apology that got you your posting rights back!

Wouldn't you be better off explaining to Nev why you used his post highlighting a personal tragedy ... to then downvote it because it doesn't agree with your crummy politics?

58 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Wouldn't you be better off explaining to Nev why you used his post highlighting a personal tragedy ... to then downvote it because it doesn't agree with your crummy politics?

Where is this?

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

What agreement ?

Story I was told is the EFL had given the club a written agreement to what they proposed to do with selling the ground to DC,  EFL’s case is that they weren’t aware of full details , Chansiri says they were and has written proof of agreement but form a previous employee of the EFL 

Just now, Royal_D said:

Story I was told is the EFL had given the club a written agreement to what they proposed to do with selling the ground to DC,  EFL’s case is that they weren’t aware of full details , Chansiri says they were and has written proof of agreement but form a previous employee of the EFL 

Yes I remember now.. cheers mate.

36 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Whether it's from a previous employee or not, if the EFL gave us their explicit written consent for us to do exactly what we did, then they don't have a leg to stand on, unless there was a disclaimer within the agreement (for example, should further information come to light we reserve the right to... etc, etc).

This was the opinion of a sports lawyer who Radio Sheffield bought on air at the time that the charges were announced.

My apologies but is your source reliable? I may have missed it but as with a lot of threads I tend to just jump in on the last few pages to see what the latest news is. Cheers.

Just now, Ronnie Starling said:

You mean the embarrassment of riches their academy has produced over the years compared to our pitiful crop?

I saw an opportunity to divert attention from the doom and gloom around here. 

Whatever their facilities are like, they always get a better write up in ‘Britain’s Crap Towns’

25 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I saw an opportunity to divert attention from the doom and gloom around here. 

Whatever their facilities are like, they always get a better write up in ‘Britain’s Crap Towns’

He's not daft Gibson as the training facilities are just outside Darlington at Hurcliffe. Very scenic and a five star hotel too.