Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Before his final 10 matches in charge, Luhukay had guided us to 6th in the table. We then saw a horrendous run of form which resulted in his dismissal:

 

W 1

D 2

L 7

 

GF 9

GA 22

 

Before our last 10 matches, Monk had guided us to 3rd in the table. We've since seen the exact same horrendous run of form which did for Luhukay:

 

W 1

D 2

L 7

 

GF 7

GA 18

 

How a squad of players who'd been performing so well can suddenly see their form disappear into an abyss not once but for twice in consecutive seasons is baffling and probably says a lot about the mentality of our players, but it's hard to see Monk turning things around from here, isn't it?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bizarre. 

 

To think he gave the players Xmas day off. 

 

They've won 1 league game since? 

 

Bunch of tw@ts 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose it's a confidence thing, not helped by a desperate manager who's now going for a scatter gun team selection approach.

 

Although, I believe Luhukay wanted to be sacked and used it in his favour, Monk is just looking inept.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Before his final 10 matches in charge, Luhukay had guided us to 6th in the table. We then saw a horrendous run of form which resulted in his dismissal:

 

W 1

D 2

L 7

 

GF 9

GA 22

 

Before our last 10 matches, Monk had guided us to 3rd in the table. We've since seen the exact same horrendous run of form which did for Luhukay:

 

W 1

D 2

L 7

 

GF 7

GA 18

 

How a squad of players who'd been performing so well can suddenly see their form disappear into an abyss not once but for twice in consecutive seasons is baffling and probably says a lot about the mentality of our players, but it's hard to see Monk turning things around from here, isn't it?

And the same Westwood/Hutchinson/Pelupessy debate as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, s6 owl said:

Monk needs to go but the players are an absolute disgrace to the club.

 

This, only way of staying up is by getting rid and bringing in a new manager (I think we need someone more experienced and with a stronger character). A rebuild and a far more sensible approach is needed in the summer but sadly we never seem to learn from mistakes and keep repeating the same mistakes each season ever since the Play Off failures.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sheffield_dave said:

Suspicious, isn't it.

 

I almost feel sorry for Monk.

 

He's had to work with what he inherited for the most part, and was doing a very good job until Boxing Day. Since then, it's been one thing after another: lackadaisical team performances; abject individual mistakes; bizarre tactical decisions...

 

The longer this run has gone on, the more desperate Monk has seemed. I'm sure he must be as furious as the rest of us with what he's seeing, but unless he can come up with a short-term solution very sharpish, he's not going to earn the right to be here to try and sort a long-term answer to our very evident problems.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ultimately, Monk is only part of the problem. 

 

Until we have a proper clear-out, a real rethink about what we want do achieve and how we are going to achieve it, then we will be going nowhere fast...well, apart from League One. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If he sacked Luhukay on the that run of results, DC leaves himself with no option if he is to retain any semblance of credibility...

 

He has to be seen to be acting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Ultimately, Monk is only part of the problem. 

 

Until we have a proper clear-out, a real rethink about what we want do achieve and how we are going to achieve it, then we will be going nowhere fast...well, apart from League One. 

 

Absolutely this. 

 

If anyone thinks sacking Monk will fix all our problems, their kidding themselves. 

 

This runs way deeper than Monk 

 

:Chansiri:

Link to post
Share on other sites

What the hell has happened over the past 2 months? I don't think Monk is the problem but I think his position is untenable now.

 

The footballing side of this club needs fully evaluating in the summer, a structure put in place to best help us succeed long term, and personnel brought in that either want the club to succeed, or are driven to succeed personally. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

 

I almost feel sorry for Monk.

 

He's had to work with what he inherited for the most part, and was doing a very good job until Boxing Day. Since then, it's been one thing after another: lackadaisical team performances; abject individual mistakes; bizarre tactical decisions...

 

The longer this run has gone on, the more desperate Monk has seemed. I'm sure he must be as furious as the rest of us with what he's seeing, but unless he can come up with a short-term solution very sharpish, he's not going to earn the right to be here to try and sort a long-term answer to our very evident problems.

 

I won't happen, but it would be nice if he resigned and immediately called the players out on it.

 

This is the most pitiful, loathesome Wednesday "team" I've ever seen, and that includes everything from the last 20-25 years.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

 

I almost feel sorry for Monk.

 

He's had to work with what he inherited for the most part, and was doing a very good job until Boxing Day. Since then, it's been one thing after another: lackadaisical team performances; abject individual mistakes; bizarre tactical decisions...

 

The longer this run has gone on, the more desperate Monk has seemed. I'm sure he must be as furious as the rest of us with what he's seeing, but unless he can come up with a short-term solution very sharpish, he's not going to earn the right to be here to try and sort a long-term answer to our very evident problems.

Excellent post 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s preposterous I know...... but Monk smacks of a guy wanting out but only with compo that comes from a sacking.

 

There are so many personnel at this club from the top down that need outing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...