History Repeating Itself

Regardless of what’s gone off, who said what, nobody can deny that they are two talented individuals who have be frozen out. Both would bring something to the table right now. I have a few people at work who are two hats but I have learned to manage them in such a way that they make a positive contribution to our objectives. Freezing people out is weak management. 

54 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Before his final 10 matches in charge, Luhukay had guided us to 6th in the table. We then saw a horrendous run of form which resulted in his dismissal:

W 1

D 2

L 7

GF 9

GA 22

Before our last 10 matches, Monk had guided us to 3rd in the table. We've since seen the exact same horrendous run of form which did for Luhukay:

W 1

D 2

L 7

GF 7

GA 18

How a squad of players who'd been performing so well can suddenly see their form disappear into an abyss not once but for twice in consecutive seasons is baffling and probably says a lot about the mentality of our players, but it's hard to see Monk turning things around from here, isn't it?

Starting XI for his last game in charge:

Dawson

Fox

Thorniley 

Lees 

Baker

Pudil 

Pelupessy 

Reach

Onomah 

Nuhiu

Joao

Subs:

Fletcher 

Matias

Wildsmith

Palmer

Van Aken

Hector 

Jones 

Almost totally different squads. You can't pin this on the players in afraid.

13 minutes ago, Bukta said:

Regardless of what’s gone off, who said what, nobody can deny that they are two talented individuals who have be frozen out. Both would bring something to the table right now. I have a few people at work who are two hats but I have learned to manage them in such a way that they make a positive contribution to our objectives. Freezing people out is weak management. 

"Westwood and Hutchinson don't deserve the punitive action of being banished from the first team".

"Why, what have they done?"

"No idea."

:huh:

Massive positive out of this debacle.

The players and DC are finally being called out.

Aside, from the 3 usual Owlstalk Apologists, everyone is united in the belief this is unacceptable and can't go on.

Even the the Mod Apologist has been in hiding.

Enough is enough. Something has to change.

An honest if not inspiring interview from Monk...

'I said from the very start that this is a very big job. It's a lot of work that needs to be done. I've talked a lot about change and that change that needs to come. My aim is to get to that point where I can physically change that and change what I feel is the environment ...I also understand that in the meantime to get to that point you have to get results...I know what a successful changing room looks like. I've been in changing rooms for 25 years. I know what that environment looks like. That's what I'm hoping and wanting to get to, I've said from the start - and get to that point where I can actually physically change that - but in the meantime you have to get results and at the moment I haven't got the results that we need to get to that point in the future.'