Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

So we could possibly lose out to Derby for Zohore and Bannan leaves for Brentford, not the window I was anticipating to be honest.

Was hoping for at least three lean, eager players two being forwards.

Least we got Paterson over the line that will put the rest of the league in fear and dread of us.  

it puts me in fear and dread for us

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Well most of them are in a similar age bracket to the ones Carlos signed, and was heavily criticised for doing so. Not sure offhand, but I’d say Dunkley, Kachunga 28, Paterson, Windass 26. That’s not exactly the reenergising of the squad we maybe imagined Only Brown and FDB fall into that category 

However, my point is about what we do now, given that we already have about a dozen players with plenty of experience, let’s now bring in some younger talent

I believe the squad has been re-energised with the signings to-date, they are all fit players in or coming to their prime. We have also promoted from the u23s so that has added more energy.

I totally agree on future signings being young guns, other than an experienced out and out striker we desperately need.

53 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Most of our squad was 30 or over so getting players mid to late 20s is a big difference. By the time Kachunga, Paterson and Dunkleys deals expire they will still be under 30. Windass too and FDB. Older players like flint would be a loan.

Ideally I would like to bring in younger talents from the premier league but agents are worried about us being their best option at the moment. We did well to get FDB due to that uncertainty. We can see how our U23s do and next summer hopefully in this league on a level field we can go again with that.

Kachunga is 29 in April, don't know the length of his contract, but if it's more than 1 year he will be over 30, if it is for less then he can leave on a free soon.

56 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Maybe on owlstalk

Not true , 2 lads I go to the match with don't rate him say he slows us down and everything goes through him , too reliant on him and he plays in our half rather than the opposition's.

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

Most of our squad was 30 or over so getting players mid to late 20s is a big difference. By the time Kachunga, Paterson and Dunkleys deals expire they will still be under 30. Windass too and FDB. Older players like flint would be a loan.

Ideally I would like to bring in younger talents from the premier league but agents are worried about us being their best option at the moment. We did well to get FDB due to that uncertainty. We can see how our U23s do and next summer hopefully in this league on a level field we can go again with that.

And Dunkley is 29 in Feb, he signed on a 2 year deal, as yet to play and will be 30 when his contract expires.

4 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Kachunga is 29 in April, don't know the length of his contract, but if it's more than 1 year he will be over 30, if it is for less then he can leave on a free soon.

I have noticed we didn't report how long our recent signing's contracts are for , or did I miss it ?

If fit, I think Dunkley and Kachunga can benefit the group, my problem is not with them, it’s what we do in the rest of the window. With plenty of experience in the group, it’s a few younger legs that we need now, with some pace and guile up front please

1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

I would want to go if I was Baz 

Not appreciated here 

Hopefully only by a very small minority.

I wouldn't swap him for any other championship midfielder.

Get him signed up for 3 more years.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Hit and miss with announcements I think, Dunkley was for 2 years, Kachunga possibly 1, FDB might have been 4?

Bloomin Eck, I really do hope there is a good footballer in there then. Not impressed at all so far.

• Like 1

With the rumours of an offer for Bannan does anyone know what happened to Jackson Irvine, we could get rid of Bannan and get some money in and free up what has to be one of our top earners and replace him with a similar player that will add more of a goal threat in midfield.

Bannan is currently being wasted with our team set up and the funds could help us also get the striker in we need with the chairman being funds light at the moment.

I would also be bring in Mendez- Laing to have a look at, not sure why he left Cardiff but would offer us more on the right wing that Harris is currently doing and he the physical presents about him to mix it up in the box.

Both have a lot of championship experience and both can scrap at the wrong end of the table which is what we currently need in the team to get us up the table.

1 minute ago, royalowlisback said:

With the style of football we play, all our central midfielders are wasted.

Bannan, Luongo and Brown is as good a midfield 3 in the division as any.

With hoofball though, they are mere spectators.

They are, and we have to keep them Maybe DC is thinking it’s Monk he needs to get rid of?

49 minutes ago, room0035 said:

With the rumours of an offer for Bannan does anyone know what happened to Jackson Irvine, we could get rid of Bannan and get some money in and free up what has to be one of our top earners and replace him with a similar player that will add more of a goal threat in midfield.

Bannan is currently being wasted with our team set up and the funds could help us also get the striker in we need with the chairman being funds light at the moment.

I would also be bring in Mendez- Laing to have a look at, not sure why he left Cardiff but would offer us more on the right wing that Harris is currently doing and he the physical presents about him to mix it up in the box.

Both have a lot of championship experience and both can scrap at the wrong end of the table which is what we currently need in the team to get us up the table.

Jackson Irvine is nothing like Bannan he box to box tall and does score a few but he limited footballer and got to ask why hull let him go ? Could be money reasons but would av thought he’d have been a big plus in league one for them?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Jackson Irvine is nothing like Bannan he box to box tall and does score a few but he limited footballer and got to ask why hull let him go ? Could be money reasons but would av thought he’d have been a big plus in league one for them?

I think the wage cap in League one of £2,500  a week means any player they had out of contract in the first team is gone.

• Like 1