Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Signing Flint would only make sense if we know Lees is going to be out for some time. Makes next to no sense if Iorfa is also going to be out (or leaving).

Even so, I'd rather we look to sign Sanderson if it were between him and Flint.

And if Hector really were to be made available, then we absolutely must do all we can to try and sign him.

• Like 1

So we aren't signing a forward or anyone else for that matter? 

Cant see us having enough fire power to keep us up. 

Bizzare decision not getting forwards at this stage. Let alone not having them in place by the start of the season.

Would love to know the reasoning behind the thinking.  Even a late punt on a lower league forward would be something. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

One is young, quick, and able to play full back, wing back and centre back, thus able to cover any short term need in the centre of the defence. The other is er.......

So if we are taking an interest in Flint and taking a sizeable amount of wages off the Cardiff bill, it makes it more likely Cardiff will be able to up their bid for Sanderson. I think go for Sanderson and leave them to pay the wages for both if they outbid us. Don't want another 'last big pay deal' signing on the books.

• Like 1

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

Bizzare decision not getting forwards at this stage. Let alone not having them in place by the start of the season.

Would love to know the reasoning behind the thinking.  Even a late punt on a lower league forward would be something. 

I've often said we don't pay enough attention to the lower leagues. Watched the Bradford City v Harrogate match the other day and couldn't help but think Harrogate had a couple of players there that were better than some on our books.

CB Smith looked better than JVA and midfield lad MOM, Falkingham, had more about him than Joey. Of course you'd need to see them over a number of matches but I'll bet there are some other very decent players throughout the division playing for clubs that are desperate for money at present.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

How on earth is it good news?

We are in desperate need of a number 9. Zohore has been our main target for the past month or so. Now he looks likely to join a rival, leaving us with two days to find someone better.

News flash - we won’t. 

Main target or not, it doesn't stop him from being an average overpriced striker.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

I've often said we don't pay enough attention to the lower leagues. Watched the Bradford City v Harrogate match the other day and couldn't help but think Harrogate had a couple of players there that were better than some on our books.

CB Smith looked better than JVA and midfield lad MOM, Falkingham, had more about him than Joey. Of course you'd need to see them over a number of matches but I'll bet there are some other very decent players throughout the division playing for clubs that are desperate for money at present.

I would take almost anyone at the moment, in the last ten days or so we have had so many injuries (bloody Carlos) if that happens again but the forward line is saffected instead we are up the creek.

26 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

Main target or not, it doesn't stop him from being an average overpriced striker.

We are on -8 points. We need a striker. Ideally someone who has scored goals at this level. 

Who else is out there and available other than Zohore? 

Edited by SallyCinnamon

53 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

come on there’s loads of time left before the window closes. Of course we will bring players in, we wouldn’t be as naive to think that we have enough, especially up top to get us out of this mess would we?  WTF:

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Haha 1

Guest wilyfox
46 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We are on -8 points. We need a striker. Ideally someone who has scored goals at this level. 

Who else is out there and available other than Zohore? 

Replacing Murphy is more important than signing Zohore