Clubs demand Sheffield Wednesday points deduction

24 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I think the EFL have lost this case. 

Didn't the lawyer put the case  on his website then remove it? Usually they only put cases on they win. 

And putting two and two together and living in hope :biggrin:

The case was a week or so ago, the players know the result and a sudden up turn in form and results since the hearing like it's a relief and they can crack on with the season knowing there is no deduction coming. :ph34r:

But I actually do think the EFL have lost this, whether they can appeal I don't know. 

I think it’s a fair guess, Bannan recently said he thinks we can get into the playoffs.  Would he say that if there was a points deduction coming? Who knows

The rest, as they say, is yet to come.

Be surprised if the players know anything more than we do, fairly sure the EFL can appeal an independent panel decision but no idea about any arbitration decision 

35 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

I think it’s a fair guess, Bannan recently said he thinks we can get into the playoffs.  Would he say that if there was a points deduction coming? Who knows

The rest, as they say, is yet to come.

I doubt the players know if we are going to get a points deduction or not anymore than I do.
If the players have been told then its bound to get leaked.

22 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Be surprised if the players know anything more than we do, fairly sure the EFL can appeal an independent panel decision but no idea about any arbitration decision 

My understanding is the arbitration decision is binding & neither party can appeal.  If we lose arbitration & it goes to the independent panel then both sides have the right to appeal their decision.

15 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I doubt the players know if we are going to get a points deduction or not anymore than I do.
If the players have been told then its bound to get leaked.

I’d hope the players will be told the arbitration result before fans on Owlstalk. 

I just think it’s a brave thing for Bannan to publicity talk about getting to playoffs when we could be hit with a 12 point deduction a week later.  If it was common knowledge that I was waiting for results of an STD I’m not going to talk about plans to pull at the weekend (disclaimer this is a joke, I haven’t been able to pull since 1998). 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

I think he means the QC removed the case from the website as it’s not their place to announce the outcome.  

The outcome wasn't the question...He was simply down as "representing" us....Why pull that if you have won the case...Be good for your CV wouldn't it?

2 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Yep, that's what I said last week. The overall picture is a damning indictment of the decisions Chansiri has made over the years. If we're hit hard and face further embargoes or possibly relegation, I don't think he'd regain the fans' trust. 

I don’t agree.

there are some fans who refuse to accept any criticism of him other than he has been “misadvised”.

• Haha 1

Just now, asteener1867 said:

The outcome wasn't the question...He was simply down as "representing" us....Why pull that if you have won the case...Be good for your CV wouldn't it?

From memory the post on their website suggested the case was resolved as it said the QC “had represented the club during their case against the EFL”.  Whereas all the other cases on the site say the cases are ongoing. 
Clearly it’s been pulled off the site for a reason as the Derby one was still on there. 

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

I don’t agree.

there are some fans who refuse to accept any criticism of him other than he has been “misadvised”.

Well, if he fails to fight these charges successfully, I don't know what would stop them giving a vote of no confidence. It would show gross incompetence on DC's part.

9 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

From memory the post on their website suggested the case was resolved as it said the QC “had represented the club during their case against the EFL”.  Whereas all the other cases on the site say the cases are ongoing. 
Clearly it’s been pulled off the site for a reason as the Derby one was still on there. 

It was hinted yesterday that there hadn't been an arbitration hearing as such up to know & it might just be a case of documents tooing & froing between lawyers from both sides & the arbitration panel. If that's the case we might not need a QC at this stage. The QC may only be needed if we lose the arbitration & it goes to the independent disciplinary panel.

8 minutes ago, mogbad said:

It was hinted yesterday that there hadn't been an arbitration hearing as such up to know & it might just be a case of documents tooing & froing between lawyers from both sides & the arbitration panel. If that's the case we might not need a QC at this stage. The QC may only be needed if we lose the arbitration & it goes to the independent disciplinary panel.

Before it was pulled the Blackstone Chambers site said he'd reresented us before an EFL League Arbitration Panel.

For Derby it says he is representing them in disciplinary charges before an EFL Disciplinary Commission

Appendix 2 - Rules Governing Conduct of FDC Hearings says:

15.1 A party may be represented before the Applicable Tribunal (i.e. Player Related Dispute Commission, Disciplinary Commission or League Arbitration Panel) by a solicitor or counsel 

15.3 However, in the event that a party’s representative shall be considered by the Applicable Tribunal to have unduly delayed or hindered those proceedings, the Applicable Tribunal may make an order debarring that representative from appearing on behalf of that party in those proceedings.

Hope he's not been sent off for time wasting - last seen training with the Under 23s!

3 hours ago, teddybeararmy said:

There is clear rules for breaking ffp/p&s. Think its a sliding scale starting at 12 points depending on how much you go over the 39m limit. The other 9 points I believe is the maximum punishment for misconduct 

Cheers clears it up a bit. Think the rest of the rules need cleaning as we and Derby are challenging something. Typical EFL, can't run anything well.

3 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

I think he means the QC removed the case from the website as it’s not their place to announce the outcome.

He only said, (de Marco) represented sheff wed...no outcome was mentioned.

Whatever, won or ongoing why remove it from website.

Or lost why put it on in the first place, unlike Derby he never said 'representing'. He said represented

Derby are still on the site, ...ongoing.

Just seems odd...unless

DC gave him a free transfer and he has moved in with Meire.:biggrin:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

I don’t agree.

“Misadvised” and don’t forget “naive”..personally I think it obvious that the problem is “he’s lost the boardroom”.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Well, if he fails to fight these charges successfully, I don't know what would stop them giving a vote of no confidence. It would show gross incompetence on DC's part.

Under what criteria, tho Wily?

Who would call for a vote of "No confidence"??

We haven't got a mechanism for it...DC owns the lot....Who's gonna call it?

Him?

Us?

On here with a poll and all the power that carries?

Half of the posters on here can't agree to disagree without putting some f.ooker on ignore or simply retorting "Yer mam"

Half of the other f.ookin' half have 10 usernames and argue with each other..or themselves...who are each other....

and the half of that half of the half haven't been to a game since Redfearn Froggat scored...

• Haha 4