Clubs demand Sheffield Wednesday points deduction

Guest wilyfox
12 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Under what criteria, tho Wily?

Who would call for a vote of "No confidence"??

We haven't got a mechanism for it...DC owns the lot....Who's gonna call it?

Him?

Us?

On here with a poll and all the power that carries?

Half of the posters on here can't agree to disagree without putting some f.ooker on ignore or simply retorting "Yer mam"

Half of the other f.ookin' half have 10 usernames and argue with each other..or themselves...who are each other....

and the half of that half of the half haven't been to a game since Redfearn Froggat scored...

Metaphorically speaking. It was a figure of speech. My point was, if we're sanctioned, deducted, embargoed (again), possibly relegated, surely people could no longer defend him. 

5 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I doubt the players know if we are going to get a points deduction or not anymore than I do.
If the players have been told then its bound to get leaked.

When Birmingham were deducted points last year the news broke on the 22nd March. It could be similar this year. 

Edited by flo

6 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Metaphorically speaking. It was a figure of speech. My point was, if we're sanctioned, deducted, embargoed (again), possibly relegated, surely people could no longer defend him. 

Matters not tho mate....He can more or less do what he wants...Carry on...pack up..whatever scenario leaves us floundering

4 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

In the end, it's his club, and commercially and financially he either succeeds in his plan, or fails. The extent of the failure in your potential outcomes, would mean he will continue to hemorrhage 10s of millions each year, with no sign of PL success. He can't carry on doing this - he's gambled and lost a substantial amount of money over 5 years. He's looking for someone to buy the debt off him, in his bizarre valuation of the club (as of Dec 2018). 

Like the Co-op, he will eventually have to take the haircut. The alternative is the EFL change their rules and it becomes a free for all in who can spend the most. If he at this point, can get his family interested, we may have a shot, but so will many others.

A more sustainable model is out there - Pigs, Huddersfield and potentially Brentford have proved that you don't have to go crazy; just employ the right people in the right areas with some astute signings and a team ethic and philosophy. Unfortunately DC's record on this isn't good.

We simply have a dictatorship....I know that sounds as though I think he's a despot...I actually don't...I go along with the well meaning but , lets be honest, befuddled strategy since we missed out on the play offs.

We sold the farm didn't we?

You can't blame Wednesday ..It was like manna from heaven at the time....

"I know little of football"

Oh how we laughed..Cos he had the money...What did that matter?

Well happenstance..It f.ookin' did matter..and you can dress it up how you like, but it was a mistake..on his part, on our part.

10 mill on Rhodes when a bit of that could have got someone in who knew "A FAIR" bit about football.

WE went merrily along....The vast majority of us anyhow....Excusing the POTG prices....Desperate for a bit of success....

All our pigeons are now heading back to a f.ookin' roost we don't own, cos the chairman sold the roost to himself and might have flouted the rules of the league our...errr.. pigeons fly in.

Its worrying....

I'm not particularly worried about relegation TBH....I'm worried about the future of the whole bloody club

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

We simply have a dictatorship....I know that sounds as though I think he's a despot...I actually don't...I go along with the well meaning but , lets be honest, befuddled strategy since we missed out on the play offs.

Well happenstance..It f.ookin' did matter..and you can dress it up how you like, but it was a mistake..on his part, on our part.

10 mill on Rhodes when a bit of that could have got someone in who knew "A FAIR" bit about football.

WE went merrily along....The vast majority of us anyhow....Excusing the POTG prices....Desperate for a bit of success....

All our pigeons are now heading back to a f.ookin' roost we don't own, cos the chairman sold the roost to himself and might have flouted the rules of the league our...errr.. pigeons fly in.

Its worrying....

I'm not particularly worried about relegation TBH....I'm worried about the future of the whole bloody club

The pigeons who lived in them rows and rows of lofts you could see on the way to the match back in the day have long flown. Their disappearance always felt a bit like the ravens leaving the Tower to me. We haven’t been in the Prem since they left. We could be sleeping with the fishes soon. Tuna ones ...

3 hours ago, Animis said:

A more sustainable model is out there - Pigs, Huddersfield and potentially Brentford have proved that you don't have to go crazy; just employ the right people in the right areas with some astute signings and a team ethic and philosophy. Unfortunately DC's record on this isn't good.

Not having brentford, never won fa and mostly in the 3rd div.

Can't have hudds either, they are in danger of going down even with massive parachute payments.

I'll give you the pigs.:biggrin:

4 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Its worrying....

No different to your dictatorship at home, why should the fact that you pay the mortgage give you the right to stop me entering your home and me deciding I'm giving you a compulsory purchase order for your Renoir.

10 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Its worrying....

Oh bloodyhell, don't mention flaming pigeons...been there, done that:wacko:

27 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Seeing as the EFL make things up as they go. I reckon they’ll dock us enough points to put us in danger of going down but not put us straight in the bottom 3

That should keep Steve Gibson and a few others happy at least 

I think that is quite likely.

It wouldn't please Gibson. Categoric about that.

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

I keep asking this but get no answers...WHO exactly are the clubs demanding that we are deducted points??

Well for a start all the clubs fighting relegation would love to see us hit with a big points deduction, or relegation, so that in effect there might only be another two places to fill. 

On 18/02/2020 at 19:43, Ronio said:

I have always said, that the time a club usually moves forward is when it is able to sell players at a profit.  Profit which we can then be reinvested back into the squad.  

I think we have two significant problems, both of which are interlinked.  The ability to scout decent up and coming players and knowing when to sell and for how much.  

You only have to look at the list of all the players we have signed to get an idea of our recruitment strategy.  What used to wind me up was seeing players get signed then don't get anywhere near the first team for the foreseeable future.  I just don't get the reasoning behind a lot of our signings. 

i'd love to see a full explanation on the signings. 

who first brought up each persons name?

who supported that suggestion?

who scouted them?

we've bought some ****ing shyte, and when you look at the books, it's for good money too.

the best of them were 'jam today' signings, a good percentage didn't know jam existed.

how we'd to pay compensation to qpr over vic mobley, and abdi was ok is beyond me.

53 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

I keep asking this but get no answers...WHO exactly are the clubs demanding that we are deducted points??

It's a good point - only Gibson/Middlesbrough have put their head above the parapet - maybe others are lobbying the EFL, but don't want to be seen publicly making a fuss, in case they end up in the same position.

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

Probably those that have stayed within the rules. That said, I'm still not convinced that we have actually done anything wrong in this instance. However, if it is proved that we have, I for one won't be blaming any other person or club other than ourselves.

3 hours ago, Stoop said:

Seeing as the EFL make things up as they go. I reckon they’ll dock us enough points to put us in danger of going down but not put us straight in the bottom 3

That should keep Steve Gibson and a few others happy at least 

I don’t know why but whenever someone mentions Steve Gibson and the EFL, I can’t help but think about these two garymegson

BB85D7E1-5C35-401C-877B-DA870F566A6B.jpeg

15 hours ago, wilyfox said:

You'd be surprised how much people will condone and tolerate.

Dave Allen had a hardcore of our supporters who believed he was quite right to try and ruin our fans through the court system.