The Fan's Job

Ok...I'm as vocal as anyone when things are bad and they're bad right now (and have been for a while).

How about we turn the tables and put or voices to work?

How about we just cheer whenever we can, clap when they try stuff, sing their praises and show them some good old fashioned terrace love?

It's not about what they do or don't do, it's about who we are as owls fans.

Let's show up and show them who's important at the club...us

• Like 2

I think us as fans do more than enough.

We constantly sell out away games, we get decent gates at home despite the ticket prices and we still turn up in our droves no matter our league position.

It’s time us fans get something back, we can’t do anymore. 

Guest wilyfox

Fućk that. Be giving out awards for participation next. The fans' job is to be entertained by a team they can be proud of and show their appreciation for. 

Guest Ferkorf

Balls to that! they have taken the pi55 out of us fans for long enough.

Its not the time for us to be cheer leaders and pretend everythings ok.

Its time to let them know we are absolutely fuming with them. They are a disgrace the lot of them from chansiri downwards.

20 odd thousands fans a week at home sit there getting mentally punished every game and worst bit is they've paid money to do so.

These spineless players and inept management team need to know the fans have had enough.

I'd rather turn my back towards the pitch than pretend im happy with that when I am not

7 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Without a dedicated singing section it's going to be hard to motivate the fan base to sing.

Nowt worse than standing up giving it your best Robbie, than everyone turning around looking at you as if you're a loony.:unsure:

-

It wouldn't be the first time, amigo 

When the team is playing poorly, Hillsborough gets used against us. It becomes a ghost town - quiet, big and drafty. Everyone sat fed up. Same old faces. 

Concede first and they’ll be nothing to shout about again. Reading will run the clock down. We’ll be agitated. 

Time these players put on a performance to be proud of. 

I want to be calm, and give them a chance, but I’m also literally wasting my Saturdays at the moment. 

1 hour ago, toooldforthis said:

Ok...I'm as vocal as anyone when things are bad and they're bad right now (and have been for a while).

How about we turn the tables and put or voices to work?

How about we just cheer whenever we can, clap when they try stuff, sing their praises and show them some good old fashioned terrace love?

It's not about what they do or don't do, it's about who we are as owls fans.

Let's show up and show them who's important at the club...us

What about the players doing their bit!

The fact 23k of us turn up week in week out shows a certain level of commitment. The backing they get especially away is awesome but makes no difference to them does it. All this be the 12th man rubbish we could play 15 and still lose.

During the 80s and 90s we used to sing to the away support that they only sang when they were winning.

We are now those fans.

We are in a viscous circle and someone has to blink first.

I doubt the majority of players will have it in them. The fancydan's have egos which need to be stroked, just like performing artists. They thrive off applause.

The way Fox has turned it around shows there is some hope after the arseholes he got from some hopefully ashamed "fans"

Can we not just applaud and cheer the good things we see however small when they happen and who knows it may snowball.

• Like 1

I already have a job, I don't get paid much but what I get paid I work hard for.

I then have to make sacrifices so that I can come to Hillsborough every other Saturday and watch a group of overpaid, over-rated "footballers" run around and not do their jobs to any great affect.

I'll be honest with you, it's really starting to p**s me off.

Perhaps if the players did their jobs then the fans would get behind them but while ever they are basically taking the p**s out of fans with their half a**ed performances, the onus will be on them to win the fans over. 

Certain posters have a clear negative agenda against our owner from day 1 and will look for any chance to be gleefully negative, just so they can say they were right.

Them being posititve about anything will be a difficult and painful experience.

Back to fans in general its our job to support through thick and thin, not moan because prices have gone up 50p