Early Bird Season Ticket Deadline

49 minutes ago, vulva said:

I used to see season tickets as a badge of honour, but now see them as a badge of stupidity. To be logging on late at night to throw more money at a failed business model 6 months before the product is known, ready or due is just stupid. The whole thing is starting to anger me, and I have genuine respect for those that have the mental resolve to say enough to is enough. 

Well said (from a ST holder of over 40 years).  I’m bloody renewing (in the next 10 mins), primarily because of the joy in my sons eyes when I’ve just told him. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

The plan was to muddle through until we found a buyer to take us forward.

sadly, even that seems off the table at the moment so bizarrely we have even less of a plan than back then.

'Muddling through' involved taking legal action against our own supporters, publicly being personally abusive to some and ending up in the courts begging to be given more time to save ourselves. 

2 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Well said (from a ST holder of over 40 years).  I’m bloody renewing (in the next 10 mins), primarily because of the joy in my sons eyes when I’ve just told him. 

I would bail out if not for my lad and going to pub before. 

This early deadline nearly the tipping point for me.  Club and Chansiri weeing up the fans backs for too long now. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

You make a good point. I'd forgotten about the delay after Bruce, and yes I suspect Monk is not happy at not being able to bring his own team in.

It is concerning there doesn't seem to be any sort of structure below Chansiri too.

It gets worse when you consider the Bruce compensation angle. Some imagined DC would use those unexpected funds to recruit a similarly high profile manager or management team, but it appears we've spent just a fraction of the compensation to offset the loss of Bruce, which has got to make you wonder what the funds were used for.

But let's all blame FFP and harp on about how DC is desperate to put more money in, but simply cannot... seems more likely that he's spunked the lot.

I'm out chiefly down to personal circumstances. 

Have had an ST for a few years. Initially me and the two kids. They were interested and it was a nice thing to do together. Then the older was off to uni and the younger doesn't really have time. Experimented this season with one just for myself but while I am happy to go to some games alone week in week out in the same seat isn't quite the same. 

Prior to having an ST I was an occasional attender, with whether or not I went depending on who fancied going with me, other commitments, and to a lesser extent the quality of the offer. 

No idea how many games I'll end up doing. It could be a fair few. At any rate I'll get a membership, I suppose. 

We have played well once this season at home, v Leeds. Dull stuff and since Christmas largely inept as well as dull. I hope those who think Monk has potential are right but I can't see it for a moment. 

Beyond that, we wait not for the owner to develop a strategy: DC could no more write a business strategy than play right back. But I have hoped that he will see the light and get someone to actually run the club for him. I still think that might happen if the sentient members of the family perceive a reputation Al risk and stage an intervention. But increasingly that seems a long shot 

17 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

I guess there’ll be a few in the next couple of weeks when the Man City tickets go on sale, just like there was for Arsenal, Brighton, Wycombe to name but a few. 

Debatable whether the City game will sell out but we’ll see. Given the crowd against Everton and the form we’re in we’ll do well to sell out.

You’ve missed out Hull but even with that it’s 4 games in 25 years (and 3 of those are in the same season).

9 minutes ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

I would bail out if not for my lad and going to pub before. 

This early deadline nearly the tipping point for me.  Club and Chansiri weeing up the fans backs for too long now. 

my dads 76, ST for all he’s adult life, he’s said he’s not going as it’s too much for him watching players being half arsed too often.

Losing 1 limb of the three of us is hard, I’m going to renew as I just can’t lose both limbs.  My lads 17 this week, it’s all he’s ever known from the age of 4 on a Saturday.  I actually admire those with the resolve to see it for what it is. 

20 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

'Muddling through' involved taking legal action against our own supporters, publicly being personally abusive to some and ending up in the courts begging to be given more time to save ourselves. 

I think what’s done it this time is for a couple of seasons we had real hope - and now with the style of play and potential points deductions it’s gone belly up big style. That’s been a real kick in the gonads.

The disappointment is compounded by the pigs prospering while we flounder apparently rudderless - with all the jibes about pub team, pound shop prince and Bannan being miles better than Fleck looking a bit silly.

As a plus point no threats today - veiled or otherwise. 

10 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I think what’s done it this time is for a couple of seasons we had real hope - and now with the style of play and potential points deductions it’s gone belly up big style. That’s been a real kick in the gonads.

The disappointment is compounded by the pigs prospering while we flounder apparently rudderless - with all the jibes about pub team, pound shop prince and Bannan being miles better than Fleck looking a bit silly.

As a plus point no threats today - veiled or otherwise. 

If the stuff about Utd affects whether you get a season ticket or not then perhaps you are better off not going. They told us they were 'light-years ahead when they got promoted in 2006......swings and roundabouts that sort of thing. In the 70's they had players their fans still speak of now, Currie, Woodward, while we were at our worst. By 1979 that had turned around.

I agree on the hope and the style of play but if you've had a season ticket for 20,30,40+ years then you've seen a lot worse. If the style of play continues for the next 3 months I can't see Chansiri sticking with him in the summer and with some high earners off the books this summer there is a chance of something different.

The timing of the deadline is wrong for me though., not sure what purpose it serves when the transfer window doesn't open until July and the club have moved the accounting period to the summer as well, all it does is understandably make some fans cynical about the reasoning behind it. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The timing of the deadline is wrong for me though., not sure what purpose it serves when the transfer window doesn't open until July and the club have moved the accounting period to the summer as well, all it does is understandably make some fans cynical about the reasoning behind it. 

Nail on head

39 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Swansea was a decent game I thought (even though we threw it away at the end).

But other than that agree, we’ve scored 14 goals in 16 games at Hillsborough this season 

3 games in 16 classed as enjoyable isn't a great advert for buying a season ticket in early February is it! Especially when 2 of those games were draws and the 1 win came under a different manager. :1276983839_MonkHome:

The all round standard of the top 2 divisions save for 2 or 3 sides at the top of both divisions hasn't been worth watching by and large for me though. Brentford have started playing some really good stuff recently but not many sides have come to Hillsborough and played really well. Blackburn looked good but I think a side from Blackburn Meadows could have looked decent against us that day.  

48 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

I buy my season tickets not because of who the chairman is who the manager is I SUPPORT SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY because that's my club

Same.

If watching terrible football, poor quality players throwing matches away week after week in a run down, out-of-date stadium, was a reason to stop going, I could have packed it in years ago!

I'm used to it now - it's the norm at S6! *

* baring the carlos play off seasons. 

7 hours ago, bobness said:

It gets worse when you consider the Bruce compensation angle. Some imagined DC would use those unexpected funds to recruit a similarly high profile manager or management team, but it appears we've spent just a fraction of the compensation to offset the loss of Bruce, which has got to make you wonder what the funds were used for.

But let's all blame FFP and harp on about how DC is desperate to put more money in, but simply cannot... seems more likely that he's spunked the lot.

Can DC be trusted to spend any more he want to put in? FFP to him is like taking your credit card off your wife. You feel the fall out in terms of performance on the pitch, but save a load in the meantime :1276983839_MonkHome:

One thing about early renewals is that it puts us first in the queue for the cream of the crop. Let’s not forget that was the reason this buying of season tickets nearly 200 days before the season starts kicked off in the first place.  

• Haha 5

Not renewed after last minute talk with son last night.

We have 3 season tickets in family,and 2 have not be used by holders since November.

Youngest after 2 years of watching every home match,doesnt want to go anymore,i only got season ticket to take him and guarantee seats together.

Eldest lad after 12 years as just fell out with football in general and most of lads he used to go with have stopped attending.

Will pick and choose a few games next season but no way can i say s/t would be any value to us.

shame really 

• Like 1