Early Bird Season Ticket Deadline

4 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think this a little over the top.
Think a lot of people go to the games as its a chance to meet family and friends and have a shared interest.

Could go anywhere to do that though.

There's got to be something on the pitch to watch that is a tad entertaining surely, this blind loyality to watching, whatever is going on in and around the club is something I've never understood.

23 minutes ago, Watto said:

Could go anywhere to do that though.

There's got to be something on the pitch to watch that is a tad entertaining surely, this blind loyality to watching, whatever is going on in and around the club is something I've never understood.

It's what supporters do 

• Like 1

I'm unlucky in the fact I've got a 4 year multi year season ticket ... £1800 down the karzy .. Part of me thinks that at least i've got a season ticket, i've helped the club with my very slight injection of funds and i can go to home games without the hassle of buying tickets, POTG etc .. but the other half of me simply cannot be bothered with it any-more ... passionless, soul-less, no enjoyment, no entertainment, no value for money whatsoever .. boredom, frustration etc etc etc only good thing is meeting up with the gang for a few beers before and after and even then that's not a given with playing footy in the morning and having 2 kids .. rather spend time playing football or wiping my young un's arses and them moaning and crying and whinging and annoying me then whats dished up at Hillsborough at minute ...

sigh ...

Guest LittleG
6 hours ago, Heeleyowl said:

Comments about the Bleats shouldn’t feature in any decision about a ST - They and Wolves have shown what is possible in a short space of time

a.  Spend a shitload of money BUT spend it wisely on skilful players that build a team or

b. Find a fantastic manager who can turn L1 players into Premier League.  

They have both left us trailing massively and the current PL finances make any comparison to previous times completely irrelevant.  we are literally not in their league at present.  The Prince has seen his ‘£10 mill investment’ in the Bleats rise tenfold with promotion.

That said I’m only interested in Wednesday and yes it’s pretty poo at the moment but if you can’t be optimistic watching football then why would you go.  We’ve won one cup since 1935 why should there be any realistic expectation of changing that.  

I’ve renewed by the way.

Apologies for my earlier reply; misread your post.

18 hours ago, bladeshater said:

I buy my season tickets not because of who the chairman is who the manager is I SUPPORT SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY because that's my club

Totally get that too, but when I look at how some of the players are taking thepiss out of us, the way the chairman is gambling and taking risks, ill be honest, Ive just lost the desire and can't motivate myself anymore!

5 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Totally get that too, but when I look at how some of the players are taking thepiss out of us, the way the chairman is gambling and taking risks, ill be honest, Ive just lost the desire and can't motivate myself anymore!

If I ever felt like that I would quietly walk away find something to do I enjoy and would delete my login on here it's simple for me

Guest Kameron
1 hour ago, bladeshater said:

If I ever felt like that I would quietly walk away find something to do I enjoy and would delete my login on here it's simple for me

That’s exactly what I’ll be doing at the end of the season when I become a fan and no longer a supporter.  After 32 consecutive years as a ST holder that will be me out until there’s a considerable light at the end of the tunnel.  Like many others I’ve renewed year after year making 4hr round trips to watch mostly utter poo , there comes a time when you ask yourself why the f o ok am I doing this.  It’s time out for me.

(I'm out largely for personal reasons: no longer go with (a)(the) kid(s). Will get a membership and hope to make quite regular visits.

I've not had a contact from the club saying they've noticed I've not renewed my ST; if this is an oversight, I should get in touch; if not, are there any things they could do to get me to rethink. Perhaps that will come, but I suspect it won't. It really ought to. Business which have lost regular customers who have paid four figure sums over the year generally chase those customers up.

25 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

(I'm out largely for personal reasons: no longer go with (a)(the) kid(s). Will get a membership and hope to make quite regular visits.

I've not had a contact from the club saying they've noticed I've not renewed my ST; if this is an oversight, I should get in touch; if not, are there any things they could do to get me to rethink. Perhaps that will come, but I suspect it won't. It really ought to. Business which have lost regular customers who have paid four figure sums over the year generally chase those customers up.

I was thinking the same last night. I've had a ST for over 30 years now and mine expires this season. I've not renewed yet, but had nothing from the club asking why I've chosen not to. 

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I was thinking the same last night. I've had a ST for over 30 years now and mine expires this season. I've not renewed yet, but had nothing from the club asking why I've chosen not to. 

Yeah, should at least get a phone call asking why and offering you one last chance at early bird prices.

7 hours ago, bladeshater said:

Seems a bit drastic to just completely eliminate football out of your life that view, im simply taking a year or two out because I refuse to be one of Chansiri's sheep being spoon fed bullshitt.

Hopefully he will go and we get someone in who can run a football club and offer the fans some value for money.

36 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Seems a bit drastic to just completely eliminate football out of your life that view, im simply taking a year or two out because I refuse to be one of Chansiri's sheep being spoon fed bullshitt.

Hopefully he will go and we get someone in who can run a football club and offer the fans some value for money.

Your choice Mr chansiri as more season ticket holders than any time in our history can't see him changing his ways or leaving anytime soon so carry on whinging

22 hours ago, kevtheowl said:

Renewed mine on the first day, looking through the thread it’s the same people moaning that was moaning last season and the season before .........      UTO 

My three year one runs out. If monks still here next season I won’t be there. His football has finished me off

1 hour ago, TaxiMark said:

Had to give you a neg just for the Chansiri Sheep Insult.  We can still continue supporting our club without being oblivious to all that may be wrong you know.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"