Early Bird Season Ticket Deadline

Sad to say.........season ticket for over 40 years. myself..............then 30 years with my son.............same seats on kop since it was seating only......was dreading breaking it to my son but he was in agreement.. SO.NOT RENEWING......had enough....Stoke Cardiff Hull Blackburn Wigan Barnsley........results and manner of defeats PLUS player attitude.............in my late 60's........too much effort required to go anymore............especially cold night matches......will be there in spirit...........WAWAW.............UTO..............

I haven't renewed yet but no doubt will.

My sons haven't renewed yet but no doubt will.

Just in case we leave it too late or forget.   If we have a late surge & make the playoffs, has anyone got 3 log ins? (and remember, I asked first).

Dun't matter, we've renewed. 

2 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Struggling to find the will to push the button on best part of £600.

No doubt I will before midnight but feels like a charitable gesture rather than buying something I particularly want. 

Only really doing it as my Dad's got into the habit and enjoys it.

My main reason too. 

Holding firm and not renewing for the first time since 1992  

Unfortunately the way the Club is being run, the uncertainty over the EFL action, the lack of a plan from the top, the ludicrous long term season ticket plans that are storing up issues for the future, the player attitudes, the "style" of play that is being deemed acceptable, so frankly I have to not put my money where my mouth is. 

I am sad at making this call but fed up of this loyalty being exploited when it simply is not deserved. 

9 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Unfortunately the way the Club is being run, the uncertainty over the EFL action, the lack of a plan from the top, the ludicrous long term season ticket plans that are storing up issues for the future, the player attitudes, the "style" of play that is being deemed acceptable, so frankly I have to not put my money where my mouth is. 

I am sad at making this call but fed up of this loyalty being exploited when it simply is not deserved. 

I couldn’t have put it better myself and for the very same reasons I’ve not renewed either. 

See where we are in July. 

9 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I have very similar feelings to this (with the exception of the EFL action).  I admire your guts in not putting your money where your mouth is.  I’m literally leaving it till the last hour as I’m split 33/33/33 on whether to go for 0 years, 1 years or absolutely crazily 10 years.

3 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

What’s the betting those making a big thing of not renewing will be the first trotting out the

”I had a season ticket for 6543345 years, until it got a bit tough going” when the next big game comes along and they are begging for an ID. 

Do you geniunely think there’ll be anyone begging for an ID in the next few years? 

I hope there is but we’ve only had that situation a couple of times in the last 25 years.

Unless something changes at the club, crowds could well be below 20k next season

I used to see season tickets as a badge of honour, but now see them as a badge of stupidity. To be logging on late at night to throw more money at a failed business model 6 months before the product is known, ready or due is just stupid. The whole thing is starting to anger me, and I have genuine respect for those that have the mental resolve to say enough to is enough. 

26 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Given that you have had a season ticket since 1992, what do you think the long-term strategies were circa 2000-2011?

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Given that you have had a season ticket since 1992, what do you think the long-term strategies were circa 2000-2011?

The plan was to muddle through until we found a buyer to take us forward.

sadly, even that seems off the table at the moment so bizarrely we have even less of a plan than back then.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

What’s the betting those making a big thing of not renewing will be the first trotting out the

”I had a season ticket for 6543345 years, until it got a bit tough going” when the next big game comes along and they are begging for an ID. 

I’ve sensed a huge attitude change amongst many big Wednesday fans this last few months. 

On 08/02/2020 at 13:13, Blatter said:

Do you think Mr C would increase the later renewal price in the Summer if we are heading for League 1.???????

2020 fan questionnaire

Do you prefer to:

A. pay lower prices and stay in League 1? 

B. pay higher prices so we can afford better players and fight for promotion? 

:Chansiri:

:duntmatter:

• Haha 2

Fed up ...lifelong season ticket holders not renewing is the kick in the “bollo##s” chansiri needs..... He’s exploited the fans loyalty for too long ...POTG prices are a joke...Hillsborough home match are like a morgue and the players have no bottle .......We have one of the most loyal diehard fan bases in the country and we just sit on our hands / happy clappers and put up with it......Why ???...Chansiri ..the players and the club need to feel the fans anger !!!!!!!!!!.......Rant over ....WAWAW

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

Fed up ...lifelong season ticket holders not renewing is the kick in the “bollo##s” chansiri needs..... He’s exploited the fans loyalty for too long ...POTG prices are a joke...Hillsborough home match are like a morgue and the players have no bottle .......We have one of the most loyal diehard fan bases in the country and we just sit on our hands / happy clappers and put up with it......Why ???...Chansiri ..the players and the club need to feel the fans anger !!!!!!!!!!.......Rant over ....WAWAW

I was one of Chansiri's biggest critics for his first few years and many of those initial complaints I had still stand...

ridiculous POTG prices

overpriced merchandise

Kit fiascos

Bonkers 1867 scheme

Inexplicable transfers (Urby, Lachman etc)

poor managerial appointment in Jos

I'm sure there are many more, but in the last 12-18 months I feel like he's at least started to make better decisions.

Bruce was a great appointment and we were just unlucky re Newcastle.

Season ticket prices frozen for several years.

Continues to invest when he can and has done his best to maximise the money he can invest 

Started to make more sensible decisions in th transfer market- actually getting decent fees for Hunt and Joao.

the appointment of Monk was not a crazy, left field one like some feared and could still prove to be a shrewd one (although granted my faith is dwindling).

Don't get me wrong, overall when you look at where we were when he came in and where we are now it doesn't look good, but I do feel he's at least started to try and repair the damage.

10 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I'm sure there are many more, but in the last 12-18 months I feel like he's at least started to make better decisions.

Bruce was a great appointment and we were just unlucky re Newcastle.

It really did seem like we turned a corner when we brought Bruce on board. And perhaps Bruce leaving was totally out of DC's control (it does seem that way, but something tells me he wasn't impressed with how things were run)

But what happened next? It took ages to sign a replacement, and when we did, he doesn't come with any coaching staff - Bruce left with 2 experienced assistants!

For me, DC hasn't started to repair the damage until he hires proper football professionals to run the show from top to bottom, and then pops off for a long holiday.

Edited by bobness

2 minutes ago, bobness said:

It really did seem like we turned a corner when we brought Bruce on board. And maybe Bruce leaving was totally out of the DC's control.

But what happened next? It took ages to sign a replacement, and when we did, he doesn't come with any coaching staff - Bruce left with 2 experienced assistants!

For me, DC hasn't started to repair the damage until he hires proper football professionals to run the show from top to bottom, and then pops off for a long holiday.

You make a good point. I'd forgotten about the delay after Bruce, and yes I suspect Monk is not happy at not being able to bring his own team in.

It is concerning there doesn't seem to be any sort of structure below Chansiri too.

45 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Do you geniunely think there’ll be anyone begging for an ID in the next few years? 

I hope there is but we’ve only had that situation a couple of times in the last 25 years.

Unless something changes at the club, crowds could well be below 20k next season

I guess there’ll be a few in the next couple of weeks when the Man City tickets go on sale, just like there was for Arsenal, Brighton, Wycombe to name but a few. 

• Haha 1