He has done it again

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Fox has gone from a bit of a laughing stock to a solid Championship defender.
But shows what a bad month its been if he is player of the month.

He's won it twice this season...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

He's won it twice this season...

First one was a sympathy one 

This time it has been a bad bad bad month but it is more on merit this time 

(although Iorfa for me both times)

Edited by torres
  • Haha 1

it's all about next season for me as I don't think we'll get top 6, at best we'll be in champ next season.

Fox is one of them that's the future of this club and is our 1st choice LB.

The likes of Dawson, Fox, Iorfa,Borner, Luongo & Harris are in that bracket for me, not bothered about the rest if I'm honest if we can get good fees for them.

we need to start again, but properly, recruitment needs to be spot on this time, we NEED to learn from our mistakes otherwise it'll be another 5 years of recovering, we are in that process now.

Even when Fox gets awards. Some of our fans are like been a bad month, sympathy vote. 

When will this guy finally get the credit he deserves for his performances. From all of our fan base not just some of it.

Had this been Forestieri it would have been a right love in on here.  Best player in the league all that stuff. Nobody come close to him this month performance wise. But because its Fox it's what excuse can we come up with to dis him.

Roll on his new contract I say.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ian_D said:

are you on about Fox or torres' comment? 

Torres suggesting he got it for sympathy is a crock of sh it

6 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Even when Fox gets awards. Some of our fans are like been a bad month, sympathy vote. 

When will this guy finally get the credit he deserves for his performances. From all of our fan base not just some of it.

Had this been Forestieri it would have been a right love in on here.  Best player in the league all that stuff. Nobody come close to him this month performance wise. But because its Fox it's what excuse can we come up with to dis him.

Roll on his new contract I say.

It's because people hate or are incapable of admitting they were wrong

Sort of reaffirms that when it comes to a lot of fans, their opinions on players are absolutely set in stone. 

Irrespective of an upturn in form, they will still maintain that said player is crap, not good enough etc. 

Fox has been one of our better players this season, but he is only winning awards out of sympthathy, or because it is a crap month. 

I'm not overly fussed about Harris at the moment. Have said on a few occasions that I don't think he's good enough. But, if he starts to perform, then I will have no issue with giving him the credit he deserves.

Edited by SiJ

16 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Sort of reaffirms that when it comes to a lot of fans, their opinions on players are absolutely set in stone. 

Irrespective of an upturn in form, they will still maintain that said player is crap, not good enough etc. 

Fox has been one of our better players this season, but he is only winning awards out of sympthathy, or because it is a crap month. 

I'm not overly fussed about Harris at the moment. Have said on a few occasions that I don't think he's good enough. But, if he starts to perform, then I will have no issue with giving him the credit he deserves.

You could have just put  "a lot of fans are idiots "  lol

14 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Torres suggesting he got it for sympathy is a crock of sh it

An article came out regards Fox and a hard time with the crowd (which was over dramatised - well it was the Star)

The majority of our support, want to get behind a player and want them to know that he has the crowds support 

The player of the month award was the perfect opportunity to show this and momentum for it grew

So despite him only playing 3 games that month and Iorfa and Borner putting in far better and more consistent performances  - the people that voted gave him a confidence boost and a virtual ''we support your efforts''

Which is a great thing to do in many ways

This time it is more on merit and he is certainly in the top 3

If i have it wrong and people voted firstly purely on football performance then i apologise 

• Thanks 1

If every Wednesday fan were to do a "top 5 players this season" list, Fox would be in 95% of them. He should be in all of them, but we all know about that stubborn 5%.

And yes, he would absolutely unquestionably be in there on merit. One of the better left backs in the league.

Never been a fan of any of our full backs...for a long time.

But fair play to Morgan he has knuckled down and been a solid player defensively. Made some great last ditch challenges etc.

He still needs to add composure on the ball though as he tends to panic a bit under pressure. 

But yeah...vastly improved player and deserves the plaudits.

Seems like he's deserved it. 

When a defender or goal keeper gets player of the month it's unfortunately usually a sign that results arent great. If the team is winning and banging in goals I bet you'll find POTM usually goes to an attacker. 

Not jumping on the negativity bandwagon, just trying to make sense of some of the critism

2 hours ago, gypsyowl said:

it's all about next season for me as I don't think we'll get top 6, at best we'll be in champ next season.

Fox is one of them that's the future of this club and is our 1st choice LB.

The likes of Dawson, Fox, Iorfa,Borner, Luongo & Harris are in that bracket for me, not bothered about the rest if I'm honest if we can get good fees for them.

we need to start again, but properly, recruitment needs to be spot on this time, we NEED to learn from our mistakes otherwise it'll be another 5 years of recovering, we are in that process now.

That’s one of the most depressing posts I’ve ever read on here