De Cruz - just what we were lacking

26 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Do we? 

According to Dom Howson, we do.

The Star understands Wednesday have first option to sign Da Cruz on a permanent basis should the Dutchman impress during his loan stint.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-boss-garry-monk-explains-his-reasons-signing-alessio-da-cruz-1381769

Wickham is going to become the focal point for a very busy front line with plenty of movement Windass, Fessi and da Cruz all running off wickham my hopeful positive naive side tells me we’re going to look like Barcelona up front 

the pessimist in me tells me we’re going shoe horn attey, and Murphy in there and play reach centrally as a second striker   

1 minute ago, fpowl said:

Wickham is going to become the focal point for a very busy front line with plenty of movement Windass, Fessi and da Cruz all running off wickham my hopeful positive naive side tells me we’re going to look like Barcelona up front 

the pessimist in me tells me we’re going shoe horn attey, and Murphy in there and play reach centrally as a second striker   

All sounds great on paper but we all know it will more than likely go t1ts up!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Buddy Repperton said:

All sounds great on paper but we all know it will more than likely go t1ts up!

Oh im with something that will make me want to question why it’s not working 

not match fit, poor selection, forestieri gets a 5,900 game ban 

apart from that the paper works 

What exactly did he do to get this response? Looked very average to me. If he turns out to be the new hirst I will be the first to say sorry. But I’ve seen enough new messiahs to have a bit of realism. 

2 minutes ago, Plonk said:

What exactly did he do to get this response? Looked very average to me. If he turns out to be the new hirst I will be the first to say sorry. But I’ve seen enough new messiahs to have a bit of realism. 

Had direct pace and always running forward, much improvement from what I saw, both him a fessi made a reyt difference.

2 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Didn't you see that moment when he picked the ball up and then moved forward at pace? that kind of stuff is rarer than rocking horse s**t at Hillsborough these days, i actually leaned forward in disbelief when i saw it lol 

10 minutes ago, Plonk said:

If all you do is look for the negatives that’s what you will see. But quite a few maybe by having blind optimism or just wishful thinking witnessed a guy try to make positive attacking play in a 20 minute cameo which gives them the positive view that this kids is much better that what we have and with a run of Hanes plus our other signings are positive that things are going to change for the better 

glass half full or empty you can call it either way 

I find life is better when things are positive 

does that make me a happy clapper? I’m not sure but I’d rather look at the next three games in a positive manner than go into them looking to be negative 

6 hours ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Van aken looked good at first, think we should reserve judgement for a while

This^. Remember Rodri ?  Murphy scored in his first minutes on the pitch, now you can see why other clubs have discarded him. Same with Harris, to a lesser extent. Everyone loves players who run at people but lets not get carried away.

1 minute ago, 31Dec1966 said:

This^. Remember Rodri ?  Murphy scored in his first minutes on the pitch, now you can see why other clubs have discarded him. Same with Harris, to a lesser extent. Everyone loves players who run at people but lets not get carried away.

promising start until the hillsborough curse sets in.

Even warming up in the one touch pass and run routine. Looked very comfortable with it compared to the other players.

Yes he has only had 30 min game time, but, nothing wrong with getting a bit excited about a player for a change. First impressions brill

Edited by swfc.4.ever
Spelling

I think he's promising. Confident, positive, Athletic, with a point to prove.

Did anyone else see him leave one on their CB, (Hutchinson I think) in their 6 yard box long after the ball had gone past half way? Everyone including the ref was running up the pitch. Looked like he introduced him to his studs. The CB was hobbling for the rest of the game.

Would have been a red if the ref saw it I reckon. Very Costaesque.

If he keeps that under control I think he'll offer something we've not seen for a while.