De Cruz - just what we were lacking

If he gets in the box it will be better than what we have available at present.

When we get a cross in there's nobody on there's rarely anyone in the area. We need a striker or two in there and the midfield joining at pace. Other teams do it, we don't.

We need quick thinking front foot players around him to open defences up. Forestieri is a welcome back addition I can see them two linking up pretty well. I don’t know enough about windass to suggest he can be one of these but a great example would be somebody like Kieran lee and Bannan a few years ago there little one touch football used to unlock defences and release ya on attacks quickly 

non of this we need 3 touches before a pass players like da Cruz look like they need releasing early 

I’m looking forward to seeing him more and this new look sharper forward line 

11 minutes ago, prowl said:

If he gets in the box it will be better than what we have available at present.

When we get a cross in there's nobody on there's rarely anyone in the area. We need a striker or two in there and the midfield joining at pace. Other teams do it, we don't.

One instance stood out for me, made a run and picked the ball to the right of the box, laid it off and immediately turned to get Infront of goal. Didn't hang around waiting for short return pass like our other strikers.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, swfc.4.ever said:

Early signs I know but looks like just the player we have been lacking for some time. Reminds me of Paul William's early 90's.

Looks like he loves to run at defences, one touch pass and run into box. :biggrin: thumbs up from me so far. Gives us a different dynamic.

Impossible to draw any conclusions after 23 minutes

4 minutes ago, Oliver Cromwell said:

One instance stood out for me, made a run and picked the ball to the right of the box, laid it off and immediately turned to get Infront of goal. Didn't hang around waiting for short return pass like our other strikers.

You mean the old give and go. I used to get taught that when I was about 4. Maybe a sign of how football as become over complicated and sometimes the basics are the best 

Monk has gone from having nobody to pick from to having some interesting decisions to make.

One thing to watch is players forge partnerships on the pitch.

Him and FF looked that way yesterday. It can be a big plus if players have this type of understanding.

One reason Bannan is struggling is because Fletcher is missing.

They always look for each other on the pitch 

We've been crying out for someone with pace, to play towards the opposition goal (not stop  and turn back). 

Da Cruz, and Windass to an extent, these types of players, plus FF back with a point to prove  

Might encourage Harris to rediscover his early season form. 

Proper pace and mobility in attack should be transformative. One of our better recent games was QPR away, 2 holding midfielders, no constant  long ball, instead looking to play out to wide players to run at the opposition which should suit what we have available now. 

59 minutes ago, swfc.4.ever said:

Early signs I know but looks like just the player we have been lacking for some time. Reminds me of Paul William's early 90's.

Looks like he loves to run at defences, one touch pass and run into box. :biggrin: thumbs up from me so far. Gives us a different dynamic.

Give him time.