De Cruz - just what we were lacking

On ‎02‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 13:51, Inspector Lestrade said:

Seemed to have a fascination for getting himself and the ball in to the box as quick as possible and looking for options all the time.

First impression ... play him next week from the start.

play all three at the start a and bring the young un in an all , that would shake the half hearted ones up no end lol

• Like 1

On 02/02/2020 at 19:40, 31Dec1966 said:

This^. Remember Rodri ?  Murphy scored in his first minutes on the pitch, now you can see why other clubs have discarded him. Same with Harris, to a lesser extent. Everyone loves players who run at people but lets not get carried away.

“Remember Rodri”. This should be the Owlstalk mantra for any player who looks good on his debut. 

That Rodri performance was superb. It was as if Barca A had lent us one of their players, not Barca B. Within weeks he looked like he belonged in Barca C. 

On 02/02/2020 at 19:20, Plonk said:

What exactly did he do to get this response? Looked very average to me. If he turns out to be the new hirst I will be the first to say sorry. But I’ve seen enough new messiahs to have a bit of realism. 

he won't be the new Hurst....nobody could....

2 minutes ago, brando said:

we all said this about Harris......

Harris has a history of not playing much football in recent years, no surprise he is feeling the pace a bit, at least we have options now. 

Besides, if Reach could head the ball we could be talking about a 1-0 win last weekend thanks to an assist from a fine Harris cross. 

If he tries some of the stuff in the highlights vid against Championship defenders they will kick lumps off him.

He does look good though. I know they all do in those videos. Can't wait to see more of him.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Wickham 
      Da Cruz           Forestieri 

Windass

This front 4 should cause championship defenders a problem 

Edited by Hitcat

8 hours ago, Hitcat said:

Yes I’d probably go with the below team. Just need to find someone to play well in a defensive midfield role 

Wickham 

Da Cruz  Windass  Forestieri 

Bannan        ???

Fox   Borner   Iorfa   Palmer 

Dawson 

13 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Harris has a history of not playing much football in recent years, no surprise he is feeling the pace a bit, at least we have options now. 

Besides, if Reach could head the ball we could be talking about a 1-0 win last weekend thanks to an assist from a fine Harris cross. 

Harris getting picked out as underperforming - yet he's put in some blinding crosses at Wigan and at Millwall 

Not his fault the service isn't getting the ball out to the wings to him quick enough OR the forwards are taking their chances.