De Cruz - just what we were lacking

Agree with most of what has been said. Weve been totally one dimensional (even when we were gettting results)  We play in front of defences instead of having a player in line who we can play through or to do the playing through to an oncoming runner.  I Fully expect this to take an unexpected twist that most don't seem to have forseen yet (an extremely positive one)...that is as long as monk doesnt discourage the 'positivity' in de cruz. 

Guest LittleG

Judging a player after 20 mins following a mainly inept performance from the rest of them, even I could have made a difference yesterday. Ridiculous.

4 hours ago, swfc.4.ever said:

Early signs I know but looks like just the player we have been lacking for some time. Reminds me of Paul William's early 90's.

Looks like he loves to run at defences, one touch pass and run into box. :biggrin: thumbs up from me so far. Gives us a different dynamic.

Paul Williams? The Paul Williams I remember was a tireless grafter who would chase lost causes, run the channels and be a constant pest to their defenders. Da Cruz just doesn't look like that kind of player at all.

1 minute ago, LittleG said:

Judging a player after 20 mins following a mainly inept performance from the rest of them, even I could have made a difference yesterday. Ridiculous.

Let us chlutch at straws where we can. Not a lot else to brighten yesterdays performance except FF looking a bit frisky and the new lad being tidy.

If we were all being realistic the ground would be empty for the next home game. It's the little glimpses of a possible brighter future that keeps fans turning up.

Guest LittleG
2 minutes ago, prowl said:

Let us chlutch at straws where we can. Not a lot else to brighten yesterdays performance except FF looking a bit frisky and the new lad being tidy.

If we were all being realistic the ground would be empty for the next home game. It's the little glimpses of a possible brighter future that keeps fans turning up.

Fair comments but constant straw clutching followed by the inevitable let down gets tiresome after a while. Let's not do it, let's just see how he performs for a few games before we build him up.

I notice that the last club he was loaned to in August (Ascoli) had an option to buy clause in the deal. I hope we have done the same just in case he comes good. Nice to get a decent price for 'damaged goods' after his sendings off rather than pay a fortune if he looks like a world beater for us.

Early days but  it would be nice to have an option to buy.

• Like 1

Just now, prowl said:

I notice that the last club he was loaned to in August (Ascoli) had an option to buy clause in the deal. I hope we have done the same just in case he comes good. Nice to get a decent price for 'damaged goods' after his sendings off rather than pay a fortune if he looks like a world beater for us.

Early days but  it would be nice to have an option to buy.

We do.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Seemed to have a fascination for getting himself and the ball in to the box as quick as possible and looking for options all the time.

First impression ... play him next week from the start.

Not having any of that at Hillsbro . What do you think it is, a place to watch attacking entertaining football ? 

• Haha 3